Promotion

Yani P

50 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

So after we win by 4 tomorrow we are only 7 points off the play offs...it’s on. 

Tomorrow we “should” win, but Boro away will either define whether it’s on or provide the reality check to this thread.

You have to believe though, that’s what sport is all about ?

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rampage said:

Time to do a Villa run in. Rams looking highly motivated at present.

Promotion, why not.

As much as I'd love it, it's quite unrealistic at this point. Unless we can average 2 points a game for the rest of the season, which if done over the whole year would be automatics form, it won't be possible. It's a shame our revival started as late as it did, a few games earlier could have made a big difference. 

i placed £25 for Derby to finish in top 6 at 66/1, just before the Charlton home match. I think I have a made a good decision, we are only going to get better. This has been a disappointing and boring season so far, until the last week. We need another a striker and a wide player. 

Rooney is still a class player, 190 minutes in less than 3 days. All washed up? No chance. He will be our most significant signing since Dave Mackay and he will have a similar impact.  Either this season or next season, we are going up.

15 minutes ago, Andicis said:

As much as I'd love it, it's quite unrealistic at this point. Unless we can average 2 points a game for the rest of the season, which if done over the whole year would be automatics form, it won't be possible. It's a shame our revival started as late as it did, a few games earlier could have made a big difference. 

When did Villa take off last year and how many points from run in did they get.

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

When did Villa take off last year and how many points from run in did they get.

They really took off on the 1st of March against us, after which they won 10 games on the bounce. Which isn't exactly easy to replicate. They were 11th beforehand so a little bit higher in the table than we are now when they went on their run.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

They really took off on the 1st of March against us, after which they won 10 games on the bounce. Which isn't exactly easy to replicate. They were 11th beforehand so a little bit higher in the table than we are now when they went on their run.

Much appreciated Andicis. Very congested above us to 6th place. Win the next three and it will look a lot easier. Tough run in in last 7 or 8 games though.

48 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Last season after 28 games, villa were on 39 points. If we win the next two games, Middleborough away and Hull at home, we will match that exactly. Still very much possible in my eyes.

Screenshot_20200105-184417~2.png

24 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Last season after 28 games, villa were on 39 points. If we win the next two games, Middleborough away and Hull at home, we will match that exactly. Still very much possible in my eyes.

Villa did win 10 in a row though, that's the thing. It's very hard to replicate Villa.

35 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Villa did win 10 in a row though, that's the thing. It's very hard to replicate Villa.

Agreed it would be hard to replicate that 10 game winning streak. But we don't have to.

From game 28 on the 19th January up until the game they played against us at start of march (which happened to be the game that started their run) they only won 1 in that period, drawing 3 and losing two. Not to mention the fact that in their last two games of the campaign they only picked up 1 point.

So if we start getting wins now, we wouldn't need to replicate their 10 game winning run. We would have breathing space. 

Archived