Radio Derby in meltdown

Curtains

16 hours ago, Alpha said:

Because he doesn't turn everything into a Hollywood movie?

Because he's calm and composed and reads the game like a neutral? 

I mean if I was throwing a party for my 7 year old then Ramage would be an ideal entertainer. But when I need someone to commentate on an event I can't watch... I'd pick the guy who can process thoughts like an adult. 

I just steel boring to listen too if dont like passion then fine steel your man but I like rammage and his passion for Derby.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I just steel boring to listen too if dont like passion then fine steel your man but I like rammage and his passion for Derby.

Like he wants to get rid of most of the team. You mean that sort of passion. 

Misguided when Cocu is playing Academy players and Ramage wants new signings in January 

Whats the point of the Academy that people are always banging on about. 

I say leave Cocu alone and stop bashing him all the time the man is doing his best in difficult circumstances 

• 4 weeks later...

Graham Richards was an impossible act to follow.

As far as Craig Ramage, he was a good player but he won't be winning 'Just a Minute' any time soon!

Hesitation, repetition, deviation?

He broke his own record before last night's match...

"When you play lower opposition all of a sudden you switch off, and all of a sudden they break away and all of a sudden you're a goal down!"

Sheer class!?

1 hour ago, Brummie Steve said:

Graham Richards was an impossible act to follow.

As far as Craig Ramage, he was a good player but he won't be winning 'Just a Minute' any time soon!

Hesitation, repetition, deviation?

He broke his own record before last night's match...

"When you play lower opposition all of a sudden you switch off, and all of a sudden they break away and all of a sudden you're a goal down!"

Sheer class!?

RSI on the challenge bell

With the greatest respect Ramage played for us for a while in the 90's

Eric Steele was our ressie keeper for 2 promotions, but started coaching when gk was not a thing, working at Derby Wolves Oxford Leeds Chesterfield, then Jim Smith brought him here as coach. After he worked with Sven at Man City with Hart and Kasper and Peter, also at Villa before Sir Alex hired him after a recommendation from Tony Coton, he won league, FAcup, League Cup, Champions league with training keepers such as VDS, DDG, Foster, Heaton.

After Mel Clement Rush stabbed him (and his wife) in the back he went to work for the FA 2 World Cup wins at u17 and u19 with him.

Eric started training when at Brighton on his time off, usually with disabled groups.With no disrespect to Ramage whom I like, I know who knows about football

Discaimer, Eric started training me at 11 and ended at 17 at Chesterfield.

1 hour ago, Mick Harford said:

Eric started training when at Brighton on his time off, usually with disabled groups. With no disrespect to Ramage whom I like, I know who knows about football

Steele seems effortlessly qualified whenever I have heard him. Calm, measured and knowledgeable.

I get Ramage is a fan and passionate but he's not media savvy.

I like them both 

say it how it is and with passion 

If it’s good they’re the first to wax lyrical about us, if it’s bad they moan and rant as most of us do on here and release that fan passion they have for their club 

are they lying that it’s been pretty abysmal to watch this season so far ? 

I don’t expect people to agree and that’s fine, just my opinion. 

I don't think its a coincidence that the posters who tend to come on here and celebrate Ramage 'saying it as it is' are generally also those who, shall we say, tend to stay on the negative side of the fence (B4 being the obvious exception that proves the rule).  Nothing wrong in that.  Each to their own.  

Of course, you can't polish a turd and if the performance is as bad as it might have been last night then you can't expect Radio Derby to say it was brilliant.  However, in my opinion, Radio Derby's problem (which was also prevalent in the Hall and Richard days) is a tendency to revel in the negativity; rather than being professional and measured in their analysis they tend toward the hysterical.  You expect that in fans.  You don't expect it (or shouldn't expect it) in professional commentary and punditry.  Some seem to like the approach.  I can't stand it.  

Archived