Radio Derby in meltdown

Curtains

58 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Does anyone listen to RD out of choice on a match day or is it simply because a lot of us have no choice?

I used to listen out of choice, living away from the city limits it has to be paid for too. But Ed Dawes' commentary is really, really appalling in every way. He screams at in opportune moments - have we scored no, they have! He plays puerile games with Rammer and worst of all his commo bares no relation to what is happening on the pitch, often cos he's too busy being ladsy with the gang, but mostly cos he's naff!

I listen now when there is no other choice, and even then not with my full attention. ?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Does anyone listen to RD out of choice on a match day or is it simply because a lot of us have no choice?

Sometimes, in fairness i dont find it that bad, not as bad as some make out.

I dont listen as much though since i discovered bargain match day flights from EMA though.

I am no fan of Radio Drivel at any time but Craig Rampage Ramage drives me nuts. And as for Ed Dawes; since he got some Refereeing certificate has become insufferable.

HOWEVER: I have on occasion been out of area on match days and listened to other local commentaries. I can recall Blackpool, Sunderland and Plymouth as being absolutely excruciating. So be careful what you wish for!

Nation level commentators seem generally ok and I guess they started in local radio before moving up a level.

54 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

I am no fan of Radio Drivel at any time but Craig Rampage Ramage drives me nuts. And as for Ed Dawes; since he got some Refereeing certificate has become insufferable.

HOWEVER: I have on occasion been out of area on match days and listened to other local commentaries. I can recall Blackpool, Sunderland and Plymouth as being absolutely excruciating. So be careful what you wish for!

Nation level commentators seem generally ok and I guess they started in local radio before moving up a level.

Looks like we are stuck with Dawes forever then because there is no way he will get picked up nationally.

6 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

On the rare occasions I don’t go away, i watch Sky and actively don’t listen to Radio Derby these days. 

I've found myself not bothering anymore tbh, been a long time since I last listened. Ramage was never the issue for me but ed dawes has his head so far up his own arse now and I feel he was very patronising towards him. I think most would have nutted Dawes by now with how he behaves and acts towards Ramage ?

• 4 months later...
On 26/12/2019 at 19:31, Curtains said:

We know this is a transition season in which we have lost players like Wilson. Mount and Tomori not to mention Johnson and Bryson.  We have Marriott who doesn’t get fit and lost Huddlestone and Keogh and Clarke etc. 

Cocu is playing young players from the academy and giving them experience.

What do people expect.

Ramage needs to stop moaning about Marriott not playing and give the team a chance. 

PS We also have lost Evans and the Scottish lad and Rooney is coming in soon 

Rooney comment haha ? 

On 27/12/2019 at 18:02, Curtains said:

Like he wants to get rid of most of the team. You mean that sort of passion. 

Misguided when Cocu is playing Academy players and Ramage wants new signings in January 

Whats the point of the Academy that people are always banging on about. 

I say leave Cocu alone and stop bashing him all the time the man is doing his best in difficult circumstances 

Ha ha. 

On 26/12/2019 at 19:31, Curtains said:

... and Rooney is coming in soon 

5 hours ago, Curtains said:

Rooney comment haha ? 

5 hours ago, Boycie said:

You alright mate?

5 hours ago, Curtains said:

Yes fine.  Just thinking back before Rooney arrived. 

I think I called it lol. 

You sure did mate.  Credit where credit is due, you nailed it... and as far back as Boxing Day too.  Don't think anyone else knew he was coming until, oooh... New Years Eve at the earliest!    Great call.  ?

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

You sure did mate.  Credit where credit is due, you nailed it... and as far back as Boxing Day too.  Don't think anyone else knew he was coming until, oooh... New Years Eve at the earliest!    Great call.  ?

Easy to be wise after the event but how many disregarded his impact and also wanted Cocu gone before Xmas 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Easy to be wise after the event but how many disregarded his impact and also wanted Cocu gone before Xmas 

I agree people wanted Cocu gone, people probably still do now. I'm not sure anyone disregarded his impact certainly, I think we all were apprehensive how he would fare in the Championship but fortunately we've got the right mix of squad at the moment so it works wonders with him. 

I will say separately, I think we'll see some nice football over the next month. Different things without the hostility Pride Park can unfortunately provide at times when things don't come off. If players can try things and build up confidence over and over again with booing this should set us up nicely.

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think we're getting crossed wires.

My mischievous post was aimed solely at your apparent claim that you "called" that "Rooney is coming in soon".  And that's all it was... mischievous!

For what it's worth, personally, I didn't and don't want Cocu gone, but I agree many did, and some still do.
Also, with regard to "being wise after the event", I can only relate to the first post you re-quoted today... something I would have agreed with then, had I seen it, and something I'd still agree with presently, so my mischievous post aside, I reckon we're on the same side, and ergo, my wisdom now, is no more or less than it was back on Boxing day!

??

16 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I agree people wanted Cocu gone, people probably still do now. I'm not sure anyone disregarded his impact certainly, I think we all were apprehensive how he would fare in the Championship but fortunately we've got the right mix of squad at the moment so it works wonders with him. 

I will say separately, I think we'll see some nice football over the next month. Different things without the hostility Pride Park can unfortunately provide at times when things don't come off. If players can try things and build up confidence over and over again with booing this should set us up nicely.

I was at Huddersfield away when it was announced and some people were saying he’s past it but others like myself were more optimistic.   

Anyhow his impact has been immense 

Archived