Radio Derby in meltdown

Curtains

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

So the manager indicated that he was satisfied with a point (achieved by a deflection in injury time) against the team that is bottom. 

Maybe he needs to raise his expectations a bit then.

That's the problem, isn't it?! It's his negative style of play which is causing the problems. I reckon if we had given the job to Monk we would be in a play off position now.

2 minutes ago, KCG said:

That's the problem, isn't it?! It's his negative style of play which is causing the problems. I reckon if we had given the job to Monk we would be in a play off position now.

Based on him failing to do that at Middlesbrough Birmingham Leeds and not to mention trying to get Swansea relegated 

Just now, Sparkle said:

Based on him failing to do that at Middlesbrough Birmingham Leeds and not to mention trying to get Swansea relegated 

He did well at Birmingham, and Swansea struggled often in the Prem. Wednesday are doing not too badly with an average squad.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

If you think that we couldn't play better than we are doing fair enough. I think we should be playing better than we are. The defence could be solid enough, the strike force could also score goals. But the midfield/creative players are the problem, exacerbated by how Cocu chooses to play. 

Sorry Roy but if you think the currant squad is good enough then you are deluded

10 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

You think our squad is top 6?

I think that as Monk has got Wednesday into a top 6 position he could have done the same with us.

See comments about how we played Martin and Marriott together, with Lawrence in the hole and played well and then come back to me with a sensible comment.

3 hours ago, Jayram said:

The happy clappers want anodyne uncritical coverage of the Rams - heaven forbid we have to listen to the views of anyone not completely towing the DCFC line. 
Personally I like the raw passion of Craig Ramage, a local lad and a Rams fan who played for the team we all support. Ed Dawes can be irritating at times I’ll grant you that, but at least he has an opinion. 
If I wanted bland commentary I’d listen to Rams TV or start following a North Korean football team. 

Thanks Jay, but if you watch much RamsTV I think you’ll find we aren’t bland, just a bit more measured. 

2 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

Thanks Jay, but if you watch much RamsTV I think you’ll find we aren’t bland, just a bit more measured. 

True. Shinner has said numerous times that there is too much chopping and changing, no clear plan, and has been critical of dropping Lowe. I like shinner. He’s the best pundit of the lot. 

He really is ?

19 minutes ago, KCG said:

I think that as Monk has got Wednesday into a top 6 position he could have done the same with us.

See comments about how we played Martin and Marriott together, with Lawrence in the hole and played well and then come back to me with a sensible comment.

You think our squad IS top 6, then, given the right management. I'd have to say I don't agree.

34 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

How so?

Ramage changes his opinion like the wind. His commentary is so unbalanced - granted not helped by his idiot of a sidekick.

You only have to listen to RD when Eric Steele has stood in to understand what a good summariser sounds like. Steele is just as much of a Rams supporter as Ramage but it's never about himself, unlike how it always seems with Ramage. 

13 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

You think our squad IS top 6, then, given the right management. I'd have to say I don't agree.

Wednesday last season were pretty gash; so Monk is doing a good job of motivating them and is playing positive football.

I see you selected to leave out the most important part of what I said!

I am concerned about our players fitness levels, their lack of fight, inability to complete simple short passes, insistence on pratting about at the back, lack of creativity, lack of goals, lack of passion, lack of ability and lack of excitement. All of this coupled with a seemingly unnecessarily negative manager has me worried. I think Radio Derby are probably the least of our problems in all honesty. 

16 minutes ago, KCG said:

Wednesday last season were pretty gash; so Monk is doing a good job of motivating them and is playing positive football.

I see you selected to leave out the most important part of what I said!

I was keeping it to the response to my original question...is this squad top 6?

Anyway. Not here to bicker with Rams. All the best KCG. Here's hoping for a win on Monday.

Archived