Radio Derby in meltdown

Curtains

We miss Clarke and Keogh at CB. We’re missing a fit Bielik and Shinnie in the midfield. We’re missing a fit Marriott. Too many injuries and not enough quality on squad. Give Cocu this season and outline the plan going forward then. I still don’t think we will go down as returning players will help us tread water. But we’re a lower mid table side.

Rooney plus a couple of Cocu style additions will help his cause. Absolutely no point changing managers due to knee jerk reactions

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radio Derby. Ramage and Dawes(?) are whinging little bitches. 

Forget during this period when there is actually something to moan about. They were at it during Mac's record breaking season when the games were so good I'd watch them back with the coverage of their fecking clueless insight

Pair of absolute drama queens. I mean I think Ramage might have forgot he was bank anyway. 

I couldn't give a toss if he's a local bloke. I can 100% promise you that Derby has locals that are complete knob heads. I wish he was Watford's "passionate" commentator. He is totally unreliable to give you any indication of the way a game is going

You know that halfwit that sits behind you just waiting for an opportunity to spit his dummy out? Well allow me to call that "passion" and "saying it how it is". Give the plank a microphone and we'll tune in to him, yeah? Well why do we listen to this Watford legend of 1995? 

And that other squealing little imbecile. "Surely ref that's a free kick, oh referee has it wrong then, laws of the game, the linesman has his flag up, the referee needs to do something here, that's a terrible decision..." shut up, man. A footballer on the end of wrong decision can get over it quicker than this whining baby. 

Tell me, how many games are actually heavily influenced by a referee? You could point to poor finishing, defending, keeping, subs, tactics etc etc as key events that changed any game infinitely more times than you could point to a referee. Even Mourinho, the master of blaming anyone but himself, would tell him to focus on the other million things that are influencing the game. 

One argument for them is that if you listen to other local stations they aren't as good. I agree when it was Colin Bloomfield and Co. It may have been the case when this pair started out

But now they are so in the habit of whinging like little bitches that they do nothing else. They are on autopilot. Cynical whining in the same way that so many fans do at the first misplaced pass.

They reflect well the mood at PP. People turn up and expect to be disappointed. Just waiting to be kicked in the nuts. So when that first pass goes out of play it's a moment of "oh, here we go again". It's a negative mindset. 

I don't really understand why people pay money to go if that's how they feel. But they do and that is the mood. 

It's now coming out of Radio Derby with the same consistency so now I can't even listen to my team while I'm working because between Ramage and Dawes I don't get a fair reflection of the game. I get hissy fits and negative spin. The exact sort of fan reaction that made me give up a season ticket because I'd rather spend my afternoons doing something that makes me feel happy. 

RamsTV is the only way for me. At least then if the game is being given a positive spin i don't agree with it doesn't come with poo about the weather, a pie, crying about a referee and other nonsense from those two cretins on Radio Anti-Derby. 

To me, I can accept slagging off Derby from someone level headed. When it comes from whining drama queens who want to be outraged every minute I just want them to piss off. Not just in football but in life. Life is full of drama and ups and downs. The world doesn't need drama queens and sensationalism. When did reality not become enough for people. 

Feck off to Watford and take VAR Man with you. 

57 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Eraic steel most zzzzz person to listen too.

Because he doesn't turn everything into a Hollywood movie?

Because he's calm and composed and reads the game like a neutral? 

I mean if I was throwing a party for my 7 year old then Ramage would be an ideal entertainer. But when I need someone to commentate on an event I can't watch... I'd pick the guy who can process thoughts like an adult. 

But now they are so in the habit of whinging like little bitches that they do nothing else. They are on autopilot. Cynical whining in the same way that so many fans do at the first misplaced pass.

A teeny weeny bit sexist? 

No? Ok carry on.

I agree with Alpha entirely. We call the empty seats at Pride Park ‘the Radio Derby effect’. If you listen to the radio and go to the odd game when you have a free day then you just won’t go because listening to them you get such a warped idea of the game. I’m sick of hearing Rammage and all our yesterdays. Football has changed and his little mediocre spell as a player is nigh on irrelevant now. Dawes is just a whining egocentric talking head. Chris Coles tries to be more objective but can’t handle the two over excited toddlers. I long for the day when I can go back to listening again but until another day when they can say the now over played ‘I love you Derby County’ happens I can’t take it. I gave up having to listen to mardy toddler tantrums about 25 years ago. 

41 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I gave up having to listen to mardy toddler tantrums about 25 years ago. 

But we then come on here....the home of mardy toddler tantrums.

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

Forget during this period when there is actually something to moan about. They were at it during Mac's record breaking season when the games were so good I'd watch them back with the coverage of their fecking clueless insight

Pair of absolute drama queens. I mean I think Ramage might have forgot he was bank anyway. 

I couldn't give a toss if he's a local bloke. I can 100% promise you that Derby has locals that are complete knob heads. I wish he was Watford's "passionate" commentator. He is totally unreliable to give you any indication of the way a game is going

You know that halfwit that sits behind you just waiting for an opportunity to spit his dummy out? Well allow me to call that "passion" and "saying it how it is". Give the plank a microphone and we'll tune in to him, yeah? Well why do we listen to this Watford legend of 1995? 

And that other squealing little imbecile. "Surely ref that's a free kick, oh referee has it wrong then, laws of the game, the linesman has his flag up, the referee needs to do something here, that's a terrible decision..." shut up, man. A footballer on the end of wrong decision can get over it quicker than this whining baby. 

Tell me, how many games are actually heavily influenced by a referee? You could point to poor finishing, defending, keeping, subs, tactics etc etc as key events that changed any game infinitely more times than you could point to a referee. Even Mourinho, the master of blaming anyone but himself, would tell him to focus on the other million things that are influencing the game. 

One argument for them is that if you listen to other local stations they aren't as good. I agree when it was Colin Bloomfield and Co. It may have been the case when this pair started out

But now they are so in the habit of whinging like little bitches that they do nothing else. They are on autopilot. Cynical whining in the same way that so many fans do at the first misplaced pass.

They reflect well the mood at PP. People turn up and expect to be disappointed. Just waiting to be kicked in the nuts. So when that first pass goes out of play it's a moment of "oh, here we go again". It's a negative mindset. 

I don't really understand why people pay money to go if that's how they feel. But they do and that is the mood. 

It's now coming out of Radio Derby with the same consistency so now I can't even listen to my team while I'm working because between Ramage and Dawes I don't get a fair reflection of the game. I get hissy fits and negative spin. The exact sort of fan reaction that made me give up a season ticket because I'd rather spend my afternoons doing something that makes me feel happy. 

RamsTV is the only way for me. At least then if the game is being given a positive spin i don't agree with it doesn't come with poo about the weather, a pie, crying about a referee and other nonsense from those two cretins on Radio Anti-Derby. 

To me, I can accept slagging off Derby from someone level headed. When it comes from whining drama queens who want to be outraged every minute I just want them to piss off. Not just in football but in life. Life is full of drama and ups and downs. The world doesn't need drama queens and sensationalism. When did reality not become enough for people. 

Ramage and Dawes have definitely pumped your misses haven’t they? 

Problem is the current crop of Radio Derby 'commentators' haven't really been doing media when things have been bad, they have been spoilt to promotion challenging football for years. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the RD team are all fans before commentators, they let their emotions take charge of what they said. They're probably echoing the loud minority currently rather than trying to be unbiased. 

9 hours ago, Alpha said:

Fella if you get that worked up about a radio commentary you’re going to end up having a clutcher before the end of the season. Calm down - it’s only football! ?

10 hours ago, Alpha said:

I take it from that post that Craig Ramage is not your favourite person lol. 

5 hours ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

You obviously rate these players far more highly than me. 

I take them for what they are, which is in the main average to reasonable Championship players. Nothing more, nothing less, but someone like Monk is getting a team much the same as ours in quality to perform much better.

As a manager the name of the game is to get the best out of what you have at your disposal. You tell me why you would change a formation and personnel that gelled (4-4-2 Martin with Marriott and Lawrence at the tip of the diamond, with the full backs providing the width) and go back to previously failed ideas?

Archived