Radio Derby in meltdown

Curtains

3 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

What’s being said?

To be honest mate, not that much about Cocu? So not sure where he’s getting this to then make a thread about it.

Basically they are frustrated and negative but debated it out to be somewhat sensible about it at the end. The vast number of texts read out are negative knee jerk reactions after a game because no one else really bothers to contact them. Their whole point is that Marriott should be starting games and they were making a big push about him being the difference once he came on. Nothing about Cocu, maybe a bit about Lawrence at the end about desire? 

Oh and Ed Dawes slowly took another step towards going full Partridge on us

Thats it really?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

To be honest I like Ramage, I think he speaks from the heart and also speaks a lot of truth.

I do like his passion and I'm sure he's lovely but that doesn't make a good pundit.. He just reels off clichés and uses his power of extraordinary hindsight to criticise everyone on and off the pitch which is frustrating 

29 minutes ago, Curtains said:

For the record if Cocu goes I’d be disappointed 

Even a draw with young players doesn’t satisfy anymore 

Since when has playing poorly every been acceptable just because we played a few youth players??????

I'm still just about backing Cocu at the moment, but I also don't go to many games. Can't really say I blame people who actually wen to watch it if they want tyo complain.

9 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

What’s being said?

They the same thing they say every week on Radio Derby even if we win 10-0. Usually people who can barely string a sentence together and get distracted by the slightest thing and constantly contradict themselves, but that's enough about Ramage and Ed. The people who ring in aren't great either.

2 minutes ago, Jram said:

I do like his passion and I'm sure he's lovely but that doesn't make a good pundit.. He just reels off clichés and uses his power of extraordinary hindsight to criticise everyone on and off the pitch which is frustrating 

What makes a good local radio pundit then? Interested?

1 minute ago, chewbacca said:

That's a good question because I'd say the standard of punditry in football  is extraordinarily low across the board so it's hard to know what would be good

Generally, I don't listen to match "analysis" and I don't know why I sit through the Derby county show every week but I do ? sick of them just speaking about their "feelings" about certain games or reeling off clichés.. They often don't even seem to do ten minutes of research about the opposition or individual players stats

I know there are bigger issues in this world but it annoys me that they're stealing a living ?

Radio Derby being in meltdown is about as surprising as Forsyth having a meltdown and giving the ball away. I’m sure its what the people in the boardroom think that matters to Cocu, not what any of us, and least of all Craig Ramage, thinks. That’ll decide his job, any meltdown amongst us won’t make any difference.

FWIW, I’m not convinced Cocus job is as safe as some seem to think. He won’t go today, but if we don’t win in the next few games, then I think his position will become untenable.

2 minutes ago, Jram said:

That's a good question because I'd say the standard of punditry in football  is extraordinarily low across the board so it's hard to know what would be good

Generally, I don't listen to match "analysis" and I don't know why I sit through the Derby county show every week but I do ? sick of them just speaking about their "feelings" about certain games or reeling off clichés.. They often don't even seem to do ten minutes of research about the opposition or individual players stats

I know there are bigger issues in this world but it annoys me that they're stealing a living ?

Fair enough. I'm a pretty straight down the line kinda guy, so I like Ramage's raw style.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Radio Derby being in meltdown is about as surprising as Forsyth having a meltdown and giving the ball away. I’m sure its what the people in the boardroom think that matters to Cocu, not what any of us, and least of all Craig Ramage, thinks. That’ll decide his job, any meltdown amongst us won’t make any difference.

FWIW, I’m not convinced Cocus job is as safe as some seem to think. He won’t go today, but if we don’t win in the next few games, then I think his position will become untenable.

Agreed, but I can't believe results won't pick up over the coming month and we'll end up climbing the table somewhat... Here's hoping anyway

26 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

They should be saying GROW UP !! ...the bloke needs to bring in his own players , he's working with left overs and youngsters , jeez , Fergueson would struggle !  ...... instead no , let's get Colin in .WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE YOU IMPATIENT INGRATES 

Been firmly in the no change camp.  Problem is I’ve seen nothing from him I’m not sure what he is doing.  Might as well have not been there for the impact I can see.  The club is frozen. Waiting for Rooney waiting for the winter window waiting for the summer window waiting for the takeover.  I fear this not working out we could wait forever.

please Cocu show something to make this wait worthwhile 

Our form is terrible but cocu has been left a terrible side. I honestly think pep would struggle with this lot. Fozzy and davies at cb is hardly the next ferdinand & vidic. Goal keeper wise we have gone well backwards. We also miss wilsond goals

We badly need some quality signings in Jan. 

We forget that we were terrible for parts of last season. The run in at the end and playoff win over Leeds makes us remember through rose tinted glasses. But truth is some wanted lampard out last season & wilson worldies won us points where our performance was dire

We are where we deserve to be. Id rather stick it out until end of the season. We even miss Johnson from last season. We are poor 

2 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Our form is terrible but cocu has been left a terrible side. I honestly think pep would struggle with this lot. Fozzy and davies at cb is hardly the next ferdinand & vidic. Goal keeper wise we have gone well backwards. 

Hamer looks much more confident than Roos and commanded his area well today.

Fozzy and Davies would be fine if there wasn't an insistence on playing out from the back, whatever.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Hamer looks much more confident than Roos and commanded his area well today.

Fozzy and Davies would be fine if there wasn't an insistence on playing out from the back, whatever.

Doesn't make them good enough though ?‍♂️ being 'better than roos' shouldn't be the benchmark for a keeper 

Other than maybe bogle not one of our starting 11 gets in the current top six sides starting 11. But some are expecting Cocu to come in like Harry Potter & wave a magic wand & turn them into world beaters

Years of sacking managers, buying & overspending on absolute poo has finally caught up with us. Its going to take time to address it 

Just now, G-Ram said:

Doesn't make them good enough though ?‍♂️ being 'better than roos' shouldn't be the benchmark for a keeper 

Other than maybe bogle not one of our starting 11 gets in the current top six sides starting 11. But some are expecting Cocu to come in like Harry Potter & wave a magic wand & turn them into world beaters

Years of sacking managers, buying & overspending on absolute poo has finally caught up with us. Its going to take time to address it 

If you think that we couldn't play better than we are doing fair enough. I think we should be playing better than we are. The defence could be solid enough, the strike force could also score goals. But the midfield/creative players are the problem, exacerbated by how Cocu chooses to play. 

27 minutes ago, Jram said:

Agreed, but I can't believe results won't pick up over the coming month and we'll end up climbing the table somewhat... Here's hoping anyway

Well, let’s hope so, but I’m really not so sure. Next couple of games are vital for his future for me. With the takeover and the transfer window coming up, big decisions have to be made.

30 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

The happy clappers want anodyne uncritical coverage of the Rams - heaven forbid we have to listen to the views of anyone not completely towing the DCFC line. 
Personally I like the raw passion of Craig Ramage, a local lad and a Rams fan who played for the team we all support. Ed Dawes can be irritating at times I’ll grant you that, but at least he has an opinion. 
If I wanted bland commentary I’d listen to Rams TV or start following a North Korean football team. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

If you think that we couldn't play better than we are doing fair enough. I think we should be playing better than we are. The defence could be solid enough, the strike force could also score goals. But the midfield/creative players are the problem, exacerbated by how Cocu chooses to play. 

I'll agree to disageee. I think our defence isnt solid enough. We have a centre back pairing that consists of a 34 year old thats been out for 12 months. At that age he isnt going to get better with age or after a serious injury. We also have a left back playing out of position. Again off the back of several career threatening injuries. 

Both goal keeping options we have are very poor. Id say we are no where near solid enough. Keogh was very good for us for years & tomori plays champions league football & is in the England squad. We have massivly down graded in my opinion & are someway short of the rest 

Archived