New: Manager or not

RoyMac5

New: Manager or not  

494 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I hope most of the current squad won’t be here next season.

We have this problem every summer, we can only get rid of them if someone wants them. The only players other teams want are our sellable assets like Bogle or Bielik then we’re left with all the crap. Is it any surprise we are towards the bottom. That said, Cocu should be doing a lot better, other teams have had hectic summers but they’re doing well, Sheffield Wednesday being an example with Steve Bruce leaving, it shouldn’t be an excuse

33 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

When he arrived I passed little comment but wished him well as it was obvious it was going to be a tricky season and he has had a tremendous amount go against him in terms of injuries or being told some of our players are better than they are - he gives all the players a chance to prove themselves and he has given youth a chance as well  - my only criticism is that we don’t seemingly play our best players in our perceived best formation but within that we don’t know the true fitness of players we have available 

he needs time and patience and some decent luck and we will do well and most sensible supporters will acknowledge that 

This, patience and time is needed if we are ever going to progress.

I'm torn.  I obviously want Cocu to succeed at Derby, I really do, but at this moment I feel like we're going backwards.  The football is turgid, difficult to watch and the attitude of certain individuals leaves me wondering if they actually want to play for Cocu.  I can't wait for this year to end, just one more game to endure before the transfer window opens and then we will, I hope, see some fresh faces in the team and some badly needed quality.  As far as 'outs' goes, with the exception of maybe two or three, the rest can go for me.  I know, easier said than done!  I really don't want to see yet another manager sacked, but I hope that with quality additions to the playing staff, including Rooney, we see marked improvement in our performances.  I prefer looking at the teams above us, not the ones below!

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

I've dismissed managers in the past whom have interviewed exceptionally well and their credentials appeared impeccable on their CVs but for whatever reason they have failed to deliver when recruited into a new organisation - some of it was cultural fit, sone of it was they were having to do things themselves whereby in previous jobs they had other sub functions doing this task for them and effectively they were out of their depth.

Ultimately during their respective probation periods I saw little signs of improvement and little tangible evidence to demonstrate that they could ever effectively perform their requisite job duties so despite their track record and credentials the choice of firing them was an easy one.

Why then when you apply this to Cocu would you then think he wouldn't be sacked?

I blame the people doing the hiring, lack of due diligence. 

I suggest if you've sacked that many managers then your recruitment process sucks. 

Well one thing is obvious and that’s Cocu is dividing the fans !

I’m somewhere between the ‘sack him now’ brigade and the ‘keep him even if he takes us down to League 2 because he is the messiah’ group.

I feel uncomfortable with both extremes - we can’t keep sacking managers yet Phil has done absolutely nothing, zilch, zero, diddly squat to convince me he has a clue how to manage a Championship football team.

I think the only way I will definitely shout ‘Cocu out’ is if we go into the bottom 3...

Only Hamer and Bielik(subbed after 44mins)from todays game are Cocu's signings, He's having to play other Managers signings, It's make do and mend until he can produce his own team.

Either some players do not understand what Cocu is trying to implement or they aint bovvered.

If the McClaren team can drop off of a cliff with a better squad, six months of top two form and sixteen months of coaching behind it what chance does Cocu have with the hand he’s been dealt? 

He took over a squad that the season previous wasn’t as good as the McClaren team. We lose our top goal scorer, the entirety of our first choice midfield and Fans’ Player of the Season to a Bosman or loan completion. 

He took over that squad after pre-season had already started and been arranged by the previous incumbent. This had an affect on transfers as well as coaching. 

He then has to deal with Joinersgate in which he loses the Fans’ Player of the Season for good.

He then adapts the system, introducing Davies and Shinnie and makes us more of a hard to beat side and we pick up results. 

Now after all of that he loses Huddlestone, Shinnie, Evans and Clarke for a prolonged spell and Bielik and Marriott keep picking up niggles.  He’s literally without three of his four first choice midfielders and both first-choice centre-halves. 

What do people seriously expect? If the best Derby team of this millennium can slip to relegation form with injuries what do you expect Cocu to be doing with this Derby team? 

I like everyone else don't want to see Derby have to sack another manager but I get a bad feeling even with Rooney and other additions were still gonna be watching our team running around without a ducking clue as to what they are doing . It seems you need a certain type of manager to get you up and a different kind to keep you up.

Seriously. I don’t think the football is that negative now. We seem to have dropped the endless passing it around at the back. Maybe that disappeared with Huddlestone and booze-gate.

We over commit the full backs but it’s hard to be critical when the wingers are non-existent. 

We are a bit dodgy at the back, but apart from trying wisdom and / or Evans what else is there?

bielik worries me, but fortunately no-one else seems to have noticed that he plays like Bradley Johnson on a bad day.

we lack creativity but at least knight is starting to develop

we lack pace and goal threat up front, but partly because the whole world seems to think that it’s worth sacrificing a second striker in order to have a holding midfielder (easiest job on the pitch)

But at least we don’t have to read a load of bs about tom Lawrence anymore. 

Archived