New: Manager or not

RoyMac5

New: Manager or not  

494 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Rooney is a great deal. Fortunately for us he'll both create and score the goals! Well that is if Cocu doesn't play him as one of two DMs. ?

Thing about Rooney is he could play him anywhere on the pitch and he will put a shift in all game, DM included, the one thing that used to frustrate me with him was whilst playing up front he would be coming back so deep to get the ball, he just wanted to make things happen and you could guarantee he was always the sweatiest player coming off the pitch.

Said it himself, he will play where the manager wants him to but you know he will be all over the pitch regardless. He will become an instant fans favourite not because of who he is but the work rate, all we want as fans is to see players give every last bit in the tank they have and he will. You can quote me on this later.

By all accounts DC United were in a bit of a rut when he arrived, their fans were worried it was just a PR stunt yet turned them around.

We have a real player arriving soon, a player with that much quality we should never be seeing in this Derby shirt, it’s just so wrong but I don’t care one bit. I want kids now and will force them to have kids just so I can tell my grandkids about the time Rooney played for Derby.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rammieib said:

He will get a boost for instance by being forced not to play Lawrence next two games and assuming Flojo isn’t the replacement, we’re automatically stronger whoever he puts in!

He can't get FloJo to look any good, he knows him and his weaknesses, who will he get in at Championship level I wonder that can (as someone said) actualise Cocu's plan?

Edit: that's FloJo who other players had down as the most skillful at the club!!!

20 minutes ago, David said:

I didn’t want to add to what I see as an unnecessary and unhelpful topic, but here goes.

Reason I want to jump in is I keep seeing X was sacked for less comments, now if you only believe managers are fired on results then I can understand why some are confused Cocu is still in the job. 

Maybe, just maybe the club were being honest and the sackings were not based solely on results?

It’s been a rough start for Cocu, the table doesn’t lie despite what Johnathan Woodgate says, and Colin Gibson interviewing Cocu pre Wigan really didn’t want to use injuries as an excuse but anyone should be able to see they have hit us hard, bringing through the youth has probably been forced a little earlier than what Cocu would have liked.

Do we even need reminding of the off the field incident and the summer of will he or won’t he which took us right down to the wire. 

Must sit back at night and wonder what on earth he has taken on, and rather than give him time, support and understanding, we’re asking each week if he should get the boot. 

I do understand it, even if I don’t like it, the average tenure of a football manager these days is incredibly short, football fans have followed the trend in wanting rid. Twitter yesterday the #LampardOut hashtag was popular once again, they are 4th in the Premier League where many were talking about being happy with mid table and bringing through the youth but lose to Southampton...no no, pack your bags Frank. 

We’re in a similar situation, albeit lower in the table than what is comfortable, all summer we knew this season could be a rough ride and when the suns out, babyshams are flowing we’re all good with it.....until reality hits.

It’s hard, some of you work long hours, pouring hard earned money into matchday tickets, you want to be entertained for that money but unfortunately entertainment has never been guaranteed. But I get it. I don’t get the radio listeners so much hammering us as the final whistle goes and whilst no fan should ever be denied an opinion, at least wait until the highlights are up rather than base your rants from the eyes of 2 other fans.

We’ve had an incredible run really, fighting at the top of the table for what 5 years? How many clubs do you see consistently up there for that period of time yet we behave like we’ve the most suffering fan base in England whilst clubs like Bolton which have spent far longer in the Premier League than us were on the brink of not having a club at all to support a couple of months ago!

We’re a club that like it or not IS in transition, and bringing in another new manager is not the answer as it will only prolong that task by resetting us again. If the club are happy and trust Cocu to rebuild this team, however hard it is standing on a cold terrace in Wigan, get behind him which to be fair sat at home in my hungover state yesterday could hear the 4,000+ Derby fans all game, fair play to every one of you, did our club proud in what is a difficult time

Right now the last thing this club needs is toxicity building online which will transfer into the stands over time, Cocu might not be the one, this might be destined to fail but give him a chance, a fair chance with a transfer window to work in. 

Let’s not forget we have England’s all time top goal scorer pulling on a Derby shirt next month, suffering my arse, there are green eyes all over the Championship over that deal, and whilst we shouldn’t put all the pressure on Rooney’s shoulders, there is not a chance he won’t lift this team with his presence and I can’t honestly wait.

The problem may be competence or lack of it. No matter what the job is or the industry you are in an incompetent manager is your worst nightmare as an owner. So what do you do just carry on regardless and watch your business disappear into oblivion or do you take action. Perhaps you just sit tight and hope for an improvement in which case it’s squeaky bum time...

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Yes really. 61% currently have him as an ‘in’ and are 100% behind him. That’s a fact right there.

The out has gone from 20% to 26%. Also a fact - roughly 1-2% for each game played as I predicted on the other thread.

Both facts show a steady decline for him but a serious % drop in those who have remained firmly behind him.

I agree don’t know is a weak answer and shouldn’t be an option on the poll. One poll to the next is only consistent if the Q is the same.

He will get a boost for instance by being forced not to play Lawrence next two games and assuming Flojo isn’t the replacement, we’re automatically stronger whoever he puts in!

Do you apply the same logic when it come to assessing data as the daily mail?

You seem to be assuming two things:

1) the 350 or so that have voted are representative of the wider population of supporters

2) the same people have voted in both polls. There may be no swing at all, just a different group of people voicing their opinions so far this time.

So, in short, there are no FACTS. Just a very small amount of data. Worthy of discussion but certainly not any facts that show anything at all. 

1 minute ago, David said:

We have a real player arriving soon, a player with that much quality we should never be seeing in this Derby shirt, it’s just so wrong but I don’t care one bit. I want kids now and will force them to have kids just so I can tell my grandkids about the time Rooney played for Derby.

I'm absolutely amazed and stunned he's going to play for Derby. I can't wait. I just think it will all be made so much more difficult by Cocu's planning. Which I know we will continue to disagree over. Come on Rooney's Rams!!! 

Just now, chadlad said:

The problem may be competence or lack of it. No matter what the job is or the industry you are in an incompetent manager is your worst nightmare as an owner. So what do you do just carry on regardless and watch your business disappear into oblivion or do you take action. Perhaps you just sit tight and hope for an improvement in which case it’s squeaky bum time...

We’re not disappearing into oblivion, still half a season to play for, yes it’s been difficult but see no reason for dramatics just yet. Had the window been shut and Rooney wasn’t arriving I would be a little more concerned, but we do and have. Let’s see what this team looks like by the end of January before writing obituaries.

I am really not sure how much difference Rooney will make and I am really not sure it is anything but hopeful to believe that his arrival will galvanise the players.

It’s more likely that he will look like the Rooney we saw under Capello at the 2010  World Cup and under Hodgson at Euro 2016.

Underperforming and uninspiring.

This group of players have been completely stripped of confidence, morale and cohesion.

Why is Rooney going to be immune from that?

Definitely want to stick and give him a chance to mould his team and bring through the youngsters.

However we are extremely close to being dragged into a relegation battle. He needs results otherwise I think a decision will be made. Don’t beat either charlton or Barnsley and I think that could be it!!

Praying we get back to back wins!!

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He can't get FloJo to look any good, he knows him and his weaknesses, who will he get in at Championship level I wonder that can (as someone said) actualise Cocu's plan?

Edit: that's FloJo who other players had down as the most skillful at the club!!!

That’s flo jo that cocu bombed out at a previous club and that’s flo jo that frank bought but couldn’t get a regular tune out of either 

3 hours ago, S8TY said:

This is not true at all......how about give the bloke two windows to see if he can get some better players in giving him the chance to have the players that might suit his philosophy then if its still poor this time next season then there are no excuses.....to get rid of a manager without at least giving him that oppurtunity is ridiculous......Pep was'nt great in his first season nor was Klopp ...get a grip !!

You've just compared our situation with Cocu, flirting with a relegation battle, to Pep and Klopp's first seasons in the Prem and are telling me to get a grip? And didn't you make a serious suggestion just a few days ago that we should try and sign Bowen on a permanent deal in January? And I should get a grip .... ?

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I am really not sure how much difference Rooney will make and I am really not sure it is anything but hopeful to believe that his arrival will galvanise the players.

It’s more likely that he will look like the Rooney we saw under Capello at the 2010  World Cup and under Hodgson at Euro 2016.

Underperforming and uninspiring.

This group of players have been completely stripped of confidence, morale and cohesion.

Why is Rooney going to be immune from that?

Or the Rooney who despite everyone saying he was washed up at Everton still managed to score 12 goals (premier league) and end up their top scorer playing midfield and managed to score goal of the season against West Ham. 

When he was supposedly passed it at United, they beat us 3-1 at pride park in the FA Cup, Rooney scored a wondergoal and was best player on the pitch

You don’t lose class

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

That’s flo jo that cocu bombed out at a previous club and that’s flo jo that frank bought but couldn’t get a regular tune out of either 

That's right. The most skillful player at the club, not good enough for PSV but good enough for Brentford. Cocu should be able to do something with him other than leave him out.

I don't for one moment imagine Cocu 'sets FloJo up' as a flying winger! ?

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm absolutely amazed and stunned he's going to play for Derby. I can't wait. I just think it will all be made so much more difficult by Cocu's planning. Which I know we will continue to disagree over. Come on Rooney's Rams!!! 

Way you talk it’s like we’re seeing Dean Moxey play up front, team selections have been mostly forced and players playing out of position like Forsyth are doing so out of necessity.

I know you desperately want to see a forward line of Marriott and Martin given a run but injuries and fitness issues have prevented this. 

I think we’ll see Rooney at CM alongside Knight who deserves a special mention, starting to look a real talent. Bielik in behind them with Lawrence and Waghorn (unless we sign a winger). 

With Bielik and Rooney there’s plenty of fight in the middle which is needed badly now, just hope we can dial Bielik back just a little bit as he was a bit of a madman yesterday, very lucky not to see Red but you can’t fault his determination and commitment. 

Just a thought, Bielik, Rooney and Sibley in midfield, that could be a frightening number of yellow cards! ?

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Or the Rooney who despite everyone saying he was washed up at Everton still managed to score 12 goals (premier league) and end up their top scorer playing midfield and managed to score goal of the season against West Ham. 

There is no doubt that Rooney is a quality player.

But he is only one player and it’s a big ask for him to carry this team on his back.

I just find it far more likely that he will mirror the players and be dragged down to their level, so to speak.

But if he does come in and have the desired impact, then he could very well be the difference between Championship and League 1 football next season.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's right. The most skillful player at the club, not good enough for PSV but good enough for Brentford. Cocu should be able to do something with him other than leave him out.

Frank too? And it’s all good the players saying he’s the most skill full at the club as it don’t mean a can of beans when it comes to being a footballer ,,, seen many many lads in the high street doing the most blow you away skilful stuff with a football with a hat on the ground for donations , amazing skills but they somehow aren’t earning a living playing football,,,, hhmmmmm 

Just now, Archied said:

Frank too? And it’s all good the players saying he’s the most skill full at the club as it don’t mean a can of beans when it comes to being a footballer ,,, seen many many lads in the high street doing the most blow you away skilful stuff with a football with a hat on the ground for donations , amazing skills but they somehow aren’t earning a living playing football,,,, hhmmmmm 

Frank didn't have to get the best out of him, he had other choices. I can't understand the constant 'on again off again' bench-warming FloJo does for Cocu, it must make his head spin! ?

7 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

There is no doubt that Rooney is a quality player.

But he is only one player and it’s a big ask for him to carry this team on his back.

I just find it far more likely that he will mirror the players and be dragged down to their level, so to speak.

But if he does come in and have the desired impact, then he could very well be the difference between Championship and League 1 football next season.

You only need to see our results without Mount last season to know the difference one player can make.

17 minutes ago, David said:

We’re not disappearing into oblivion, still half a season to play for, yes it’s been difficult but see no reason for dramatics just yet. Had the window been shut and Rooney wasn’t arriving I would be a little more concerned, but we do and have. Let’s see what this team looks like by the end of January before writing obituaries.

We are not improving, we are getting worse with each game. Perhaps Rooney will make a difference, perhaps he won’t. League 1 is a possibility and for me and many other Derby fans L1 is oblivion...

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Frank didn't have to get the best out of him, he had other choices. I can't understand the constant 'on again off again' bench-warming FloJo does for Cocu, it must make his head spin! ?

I understand it easily,, he obviously doesn’t rate him , would not have bought him ,is stuck with him and at times have little choice but to try to use him , I’m willing to bet he would choose to use fozzy at centre half now he can see he is a liability trying to pass a ball in a central defensive position,

Archived