v Reading (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

At the end of the day, all that will show on the records is another 3-0 away defeat and an indisciplined performance for which I expect we will get fined.

Despite this, I am proud of the 10 plus two Derby players who ran their hearts out for each other for 87 minutes of this match. 

Some of them might not be quite  good enough and the ball still won't run for us but they played as well as I have seen for many weeks against Reading's twelve men. 

The referee was awful.

I don't care whether I ever see Malone in a Derby shirt again.

Jason Knight MOTM - for either side!

Agree although it doesn’t fit the narrative of some

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"All I want to see is an identity, some sign of the style we want to play some attacking intent, some desire, drive, detemination! I don't mind too much if we lose a few games as long as we have the above"

Derby put in a decent performance showing some the above but still come out 3-0 losers.

"Boooooo, that was poo, Cocu out!"

Supporters my arse. 

We'll be fine when we get a central defence who aren't both 30+, a liability on the ball and spent the entirety of last season out with ACL injuries.

20 minutes ago, angieram said:

At the end of the day, all that will show on the records is another 3-0 away defeat and an indisciplined performance for which I expect we will get fined.

Despite this, I am proud of the 10 plus two Derby players who ran their hearts out for each other for 87 minutes of this match. 

Some of them might not be quite  good enough and the ball still won't run for us but they played as well as I have seen for many weeks against Reading's twelve men. 

The referee was awful.

I don't care whether I ever see Malone in a Derby shirt again.

Jason Knight MOTM - for either side!

I agree with a lot of that angieram

I did not go today but I was listening radio I was willing lads to score we all stick togather yes painful but hopeful it will be sorted.

40 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I thought after he played, he picked up a small injury. After a long spell out, they're probably bring cautious - as they did with Forsyth.

Also, I still believe part of the team selection is experimental. If so, we know Malone is not up to it and Fozzy hasn't recovered enough for this level.

To those questioning playing Fozzy at centre back - he's been played there in a three by other managers.

Devils advocate 

The experiment Didn’t last long though with any of them though 

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

Steady on. It's taken until the 21st of December, with 20 minutes left in a game that's already over for him to give Sibley his league debut. Knight has started 4 league games this season. Lowe is regularly left out in favour of Malone despite performing better than him. Whittaker has started once in the league this season. Buchanan started the season involved with the team and now hasn't been seen in months. This is all for a team struggling for form and that has an injury crisis. It takes a brave manager to play the youngsters over experienced players when times are tough, but Cocu has rarely done that this season. Hopefully today's performance from Knight and Malone's antics change that. 

I’m glad Cocu has come on radio sounding fired up and by all accounts we played well despite 10 men but this is the bit I don’t get; some may say he’s protecting youth that are not quite ready for the step up? Yet evidence I’m hearing today is both Knight and Sibley are not far off, they need to be chosen more regularly.

Don't get why Bird isn’t making the bench more either?

As for Malone he’s a nasty so and so, that is great if you want to get in the faces of your opponent and wind them up, (half time tunnel comments away at Leeds being perfect example). Other than that defensively he’s even lacking many games this season, so no better than Lowe and his asking by way of crosses into the box have been awful many games!

Come on Phil stop being a tinker man, let’s see you give youth a chance and persevere with them longer than one or two games; hopefully Knight has at least made himself impossible to drop for Wigan.

14 minutes ago, Topram said:

I’ve been here again I’ve seen us so far this season go down 13-0 on aggregate, today was our best performance I’ve seen away we deserved something the ref was awful, big January will come let’s keep going and support Derby 

Ahhhh that famously difficult to deal with window .... the big hope for our season 

god help us 

let’s hope if it comes to it we loan a dam site better than we have done so far this season 

2 loans ... neither involved today 

and quite frankly were all half neither did 

says it all really doesn’t it 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. How will that help us climb the table. Do they give points for coulda, shoulda, woulda?

It did under Rowett, and we knew your views under that period......

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Ahhhh that famously difficult to deal with window .... the big hope for our season 

god help us 

let’s hope if it comes to it we loan a dam site better than we have done so far this season 

2 loans ... neither involved today 

and quite frankly were all half neither did 

says it all really doesn’t it 

I am going to take Cocu saying he may well look at players he has previously worked with as a sign that the recruitment team isn't trusted by him!

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Some that were at the game? 

Sorry haven't read the thread as bouncing along the A34 in teaming rain, I am a bit queasy!

No definitely not those that were at the game... Even my 11 year old thought we played well today although I have been enjoying the beers in reading since 11

We don’t need to panic buy as the season is over. We do need to strengthen at the back, on the wings, etc. From here on this season is about developing the young players and avoiding the drop. 

Jason knight was superb today. When the young players are that good we have nothing to fear by playing them. Cloughie played Roy Mac at 19 and John robson was even younger. 

Cocu has a get out of jail free card. But has he got the nuts to play it.

Only he knows why he keeps going back to Scott Malone. 

9 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

And WBA and Norwich

My point was he is a centre back by trade 

played at all youth levels as a centre back and even did a season winning a title that’s about as big that our gaffer gets praised for winning playing in the middle of a back four 

if fozzy is qualified to be given a go there then wisdom sure as hell is

Archived