Cocu in or out?

IslandExile

Cocu out?  

602 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Players out, Cocu in.

Aye, I’d rather see the back of 75% of the squad before Phil goes - as long as we’re not in serious threat of going down. (We’re not a million miles from that unfortunately though). They’ve had their chances, Phil hasn’t. 

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Hughton would be doing a pretty much  identical job with this lot, don't kid yourselves.

He had Anthony Knockaert providing creativity, we've got Tom ducking Lawrence, a truly atrocious passer who fails to do the basics right and has been the same throughout his entire career, he can't be taught.

Careful. Gone down this road before to be advised he's young and learning-in a rather more robust tone- even though he's halfway through his career by my reckoning.

42 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I've seen this "players ignoring him" thing get mentioned a few times now, and I must admit I noticed something similar happen against Sheff Weds.

Definitely worried now. 6 points off the relegation zone. 

Any manager who tolerates his players ignoring his instructions is incompetent

Wow. Reading through Facebook and Twitter. Lots want Cocu out. I don’t.

Clement had us flying high but fans say his football was boring. Rowett turned us into a hard to beat Championship team, but fans says his football was boring.

Before that Billy Davies got us promoted but had no forethought about the Prem. Clough steadied the ship but was deemed negative and boring. Mac picked up that group of tight knit players and friends and made life fun. They excelled but ultimately failed before he ran out of ideas. Twice.

Cocu has had five months at a Derby. His arrival delayed by the previous manager who’s philosophy was always to impress Chelsea and leave as soon as that chance came. After his holiday.

Pre-season was already planned for Cocu and was a disaster of a tour. He’s then been unable to identify areas to strengthen before the window shut. Albeit we’ve payed £10m for a Div 1 (thats what he was regardless of the name of his parent club) player who is no Stimac.

We’re three weeks away from Cocu being able to use Rooney and make signings. Yet fans want Cocu out now without the chance to buy players he’s more than likely lined up already.

We’ve sacked our long standing loyal captain and that looks terrible to the outside world. We could now sack our manager who’s been given the worst squad in years (inc. players signed by Lampard who never had chance to play for him) and no transfer windows. If we did that, who the hell does this club appeal to???? ??‍♂️

1 minute ago, ramit said:

Any manager who tolerates his players ignoring his instructions is incompetent

How? What’s his options. Use youth players and drop players who are ignoring him? Sounds familiar.

Modern players stink when they’re challenged in any way. They have decent contracts on ridiculous money. If there contracts are running out they blame their current manager for them not being able to find a decent club when they’re done.

Managers do not have the power any more, so Cocu deserves credit for trying to fix the club from top to bottom. If he’s allowed to get there we might not have this level of garbage putting in minimum effort because they don’t want to.

Needs time and support 

we have lost basically 7 of the first team from last season 

3 of this season’s signings are out injured 

3 of the current starters were out injured/ ill for most of last season and they are the experienced ones 

he needs time and better players 

8 minutes ago, Rammed79 said:

Can't help but think even if Cocu had a much better squad of players he would still have them passing sideways and backwards and running around without a clue as to what they should be doing.

I can't help thinking this either. Why is that? 

In all seriousness, my main issue is that right now I'd want a manager to be screaming at his players, spitting in their faces at HT then having them on the training ground at 0700 Sunday morning for a beasting after the shower poo that we are producing.

However, i get the feeling Cocu is more of a dissapointed kind of guy. Maybe have another team reflection meeting over a warm brew. 

These players know there days at Derby are numbered, there’s 2 possibly three players here who are of the required standard to have a future at our club, the rest are awful. i hope cocu survives this torrid run, as once we have some quality he will succeed. 
As it stands this squad of players are dreadful and throwing the youth in with them is no good as there is a distinct lack of ducks given by most players on the pitch. 

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Needs time and support 

we have lost basically 7 of the first team from last season 

3 of this season’s signings are out injured 

3 of the current starters were out injured/ ill for most of last season and they are the experienced ones 

he needs time and better players 

West Brom, Brentford, Millwall, Forest, Blackburn, Swansea, QPR all had turbulent summers with high player turnover. 

Doesn't seem to have done them too much harm ?

1 hour ago, Finch said:

OUT, the sooner the better. Mel isn't very good at manager appointment, Mac excluded.

McClaren walked into the exact opposite of what Cocu has.

Clough built a brilliant squad and Mac just gave them a bit of confidence. But ultimately ran out of ideas and tried to put round pegs in square holes. Did he not?

Cocu has a dire squad who don’t want to be lifted. Their time at Derby is up.

People have short memories. When we’ve blown millions on players again and still not been promoted they’d want a manager to be given time and give opportunities to the youth players.

Mel. Phil. Stick to the four year plan. Not the four month plan these fans think you’re working to.

Archived