Cocu in or out?

IslandExile

Cocu out?  

602 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Fine if you want it that way... but for me trying to realistic...you can't ever expect to BUILD ANYTHING without making a mess, or without finding out there is more money, time and expense required as you expose problems, and understand that while you are living in the seeming bombsite it is unpleasant... Until that day it all comes together and all the work you quietly did is hidden and forgotten about as you survey the amazing thing you've created. 

REALLY? But you're saying Cocu is the one because he is the manager?! ?

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

Makes you wonder is Rosenior is pretending to know the ins and outs of every team. Surely he’s more of a hindrance than help. I don’t even understand where his vast knowledge of this championship comes from. Surely Rooney knows just as much.

You could be right. Too many cooks!

I don't personally into stuff such as having knowledge etc but I was happy at the idea of Rosenior as a coach for us.

Either way, there are 3/4 coaches inputting and then Cocu making some real bad decisions from it. I'm hoping Rosenior is the one in there that's saying dont keep lumping high balls in against three six foot plus brickhouses or dont keep Martin playing on his own with very little help.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

I don't personally into stuff such as having knowledge etc but I was happy at the idea of Rosenior as a coach for us.

Either way, there are 3/4 coaches inputting and then Cocu making some real bad decisions from it. I'm hoping Rosenior is the one in there that's saying dont keep lumping high balls in against three six foot plus brickhouses or dont keep Martin playing on his own with very little help.

I bet in reality he says very little at all. I’d love to know who’s idea Rosenoir and Rooney was. It’s a factor if Cocu isn’t totally on board with all this input from ‘coaches’. And another reason he needs time to decide what is and isn’t working off the pitch.

Just now, wixman1884 said:

They were better contributors because McClaren made them better contributors. I feel pretty sure cocu would struggle just as badly with that squad Nuwtfly suggested, and McClaren would have front line of Martin, Lawrence, Marriott and Waggy scoring for fun.

Our current squad are far from world beaters, but are massively underperforming and I feel that rests with Cocu. He's just not the right fit.

Completely disagree personally. Ince and Hughes have technical ability that none of our current players have. If Cocu had Hughes and not Dowell and Ince and not Lawrence, we'd be a lot higher in the league then we currently are, I have no doubt about that.

Also, I genuinely don't see how we are massively under performing. That would suggest that this team should be in the top 8/10, and besides Bielik, Bogle and maybe Lawrence when he has that one game in 10, I don't think our players are that good at all, especially with a midfield who aren't creative in the slightest, down to their ability on the ball rather than the system.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

REALLY? But you're saying Cocu is the one because he is the manager?! ?

? I am saying you take time to discuss people and their strengths at interview... Research them and find out all you can, then you appoint them and back them. 

Klopp didn't transform Liverpool.. he took 2/3 years to create the team that is ripping the Premier League apart now. 

I want more than anything for us to be dashing up the league and I want him to answer the questions that were posed earlier.  Sacking him and picking someone else to 'back' for two mins is just so short sighted. 

He has been given terrible loan signings, lost half his team to injuries and we are probably 6 points worse off than I would expect.  That is not grounds for desperation. 

Klopp didn't transform Liverpool.. he took 2/3 years to create the team that is ripping the Premier League apart now. 

You could see what Klopp was trying to do - tell me what Cocu is trying to do. As I asked, what have you seen?!

Klopp improved Liverpool immediately, though. Got them to two cup finals in his first year. Meanwhile we're in a downward spiral that we can't get out of. Cocu and Klopp are not even slightly comparable.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But the point is we've seen nothing that gives us hope. What have you seen?

This worries me, there actually is nothing. I can’t think of one performance or thing that has happened that makes me think this will come. At the minute I blame the poor squad not the manager, he’s got his work cut out in Jan and the summer. 

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

How can you be so sure of that? These players were good last season, they now can't string two passes together. I wonder what's changed?

Well Mount, Tomori and Wilson left to smash it in the Premier League.

Keogh made the mistake of a lifetime.

Johnson left for more cash in Blackburn.

Huddlestone got injured. As did Bennett. Something is going on with Marriott and Waggy has lost form. Roos had had his confidence shattered by the boo boys.

The team is now composed of those who last year made the numbers up (Bogle excepted). The star players who left dragged us up to the dizzy heights of sixth.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

You could see what Klopp was trying to do - tell me what Cocu is trying to do. As I asked, what have you seen?!

Which was? ? Pressing high, quick neat tidy passing, energy from all players, full backs who can do everything,.. who wouldn't want that... Ohh. And a £70m center back and goalkeeper ...?

He had a philosophy that didn't fit some of the players he had, so he replaced them. That's why it takes time regardless of how much cash you have. 

Cocu has talked about his philosophy but hasn't made it clear to me what style he prefers.. It definitely isn't the one we are seeing!! But he is saying he will build a team using youth...who are confident in their roles, keep the ball and exert their own game onto other teams... We haven't got the players! 

So for me.. When you appoint him you have to back him with time. 

This set of players was midtable at best last season without Mount and Wilson. Now the team is worse and we expect the same if not better.

I know, let's sack the manager now that he has decided we need more quality and creativity. Let's give a new manager two weeks or so before the transfer window, let him be won over by Jozefzoon and his trickery and Dowell given a good run because he is on loan from Everton and must be good.

It isn't good, mostly poor from the club as a whole. But we are in this very mess for being trigger happy and the solution is to pull the trigger again?

No championship season is decided by Christmas. One or two players and players returning from injury could make a massive different to this team. 

Cocu is taking a lot of flak, some of it fair but a lot should be directed at the players and the shocking recruitment for the last 5 years.

I think he'll be good in the long run. We need to stick with him. Cant just click his fingers and we suddenly have a class team. 

He's been left with a load of players not good enough. Its a painful process. imediately after a game emotons are high especially after that performance & its easy to call for change. I'd rather him see it out give him this season, the summer & next season 

May as well back him as he ain’t going nowhere. We surely can’t afford another loss against FFP that his sacking would bring, we must already be up to double digit millions on that already ?

Mind you we could sack him, sell the training ground to cover it and then call it a genius idea.

Just now, G-Ram said:

I think he'll be good in the long run. We need to stick with him. Cant just click his fingers and we suddenly have a class team. 

He's been left with a load of players not good enough. Its a painful process. imediately after a game emotons are high especially after that performance & its easy to call for change. I'd rather him see it out give him this season, the summer & next season 

This is all talk by rote.

What has he shown to make you think he's got 'it'?

Archived