v Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

If he’s frustrating it’s because you’re expecting a performance off him at a higher standard than the rest of the players on the pitch. 

He’s having a crap game, but so is everyone else. He only gets the focus because you all expect him to create something out of nothing at every touch.

Quite the opposite.

I expect him to create nothing from the most gilt edged opportunity to create something that could possibly come his way.

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Whittaker is quite frustrating because whenever he gets the ball, it looks like he's afraid of upsetting his older teammates by being a bit selfish so always chooses to pass ..... which is silly, because his older teammates are poo.

Is he particularly direct in the younger age groups though? From the small bits I've seen, he's more of a Jarrod Bowen type player, poaching goals from out wide but not exactly scaring defences with his pace or skill.

When McClaren came back the season Pearson got sacked, I said we needed 3 or 4 players to get to back where we were in 13/14 and 14/15 and everyone knew what those players were( winger, defensive midfielder, link up striker). And that was the season we absolutely dross at the start after Pearson’s disaster. Now I think we need minimum 10 players AND a new manager. It’s sad to see. Cocu is taking us backwards and is not the man to take us to where we want to go.

Knight shoots from range but its high over the bar.

Defenders came up for Holmes' long throws. I think that shows how few chances we've been creating of late.

A moderate level of boos at half time. Mostly a bloke close to the microphone ? 

Archived