v Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IslandExile said:

.... Who has inherited a really poor squad. With the better quality players, Bielik, Shinnie, Huddlestone, Keogh injured for whatever reason.

Sheff Wed haven't broken a sweat and find themselves 1-0 away from home.

We have no game plan. Who's our playmaker? Zero creativity. It's an embarrassing performance AGAIN, that I think the Lutons, Wigans and Barnsleys of this league would also be embarrassed of. 

Just now, TomG said:

Has Cocu 'Lost the dressing room'?

Based on effort levels; not the younger players.

Maybe the older ones. Get rid of them in January, if so. ? 

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Agree. It’s dire, directionless, shapeless, hoof n hope football. We’re playing park football. As poor as it gets. Sorry but that’s it. But everything to do with Cocu. He’s the manager and has to be accountable. 

When the wise folk like Ella say things like this, then I really worry.  This season is horrible.

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

It's hard to defend Lawrence after that first half but it is a fact that his best performances this season have come when he's deployed behind a front two. Get Marriott on up front for crying out loud and play to our strengths. 

Yes,what happened to him in the hole behind Martin?

Think if I was Mel I’d have to sack Cocu tomorrow. Not because I think it’s the right thing to do, because the players are pathetic in not playing for him. But sadly, it’s cheaper to replace a manager than all the players. It’s the way it is across football nowadays unfortunately. This isn’t going to change, Cocu has clearly lost the dressing room, and we can’t replace them all, much as I’d love to.

4 minutes ago, Justa said:

Are you actually Phil ??

How can you say this ?!!!

He trains, picks, motivates and instructs the players ?!?!?!?!

You can hear him shouting on the sidelines to move it quicker, if the useless Bamfords don't do it what can he do, he can't drop the whole ducking team can he

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

(Unfortunately) I'd have Whittaker off at HT and Waghorn wide (that's the only option I think).

Can't keep Lawrence on imo. I don't care if he has no competition. Put a fan on the left wing. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

(Unfortunately) I'd have Whittaker off at HT and Waghorn wide (that's the only option I think).

Bring back the diamond - get Marriott upfront and Lawrence in behind.

Surely Cocu has to change our system at HT as the current formation has been toothless. I doubt he will though.

Archived