v Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We dont move the ball quick enough & Players dont move off the ball quick enough. One of our CB has the ball the only option they have is a sideways pass or a forward pass to someone that is marked. Its pathetic. Everyone of them needs to work harder & move quicker give more options start moving & dragging some of their defending players out of position to create space. We are far too easy to defend against 

7 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Nothing to do with Cocu.

We're a poor side with poor players.

Martin and Knight only ones with any credit.

Are you actually Phil ??

How can you say this ?!!!

He trains, picks, motivates and instructs the players ?!?!?!?!

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Malone sprints to collect the ball for a throw-in.

There's your illusion of effort.

He's not sprinted during play, yet. 

Bit harsh on Malone. He has probably been one of only a couple who can be reasonably proud of their efforts. Martin and Davies have tried hard too, with little support either side of them. We are looking a poor, weak team, and I would be tempted regrettably to withdraw Whittaker to get Waghorn on.  I would replace Lawrence with a ball boy.

Absolutely dreadful. Players need to take responsibility, however Cocu has to take some of the blame as he is selecting these players & system. We put in 2 x positive performances playing a 4-4-2 diamond and the formation has been ditched for 4-1-4-1, where we look like creating nothing. There is a severe lack of quality in the squad, however we make it so easy for other teams with how we set up.

Evans has to be one of the most ordinary players I have seen at the club. Offers absolutely nothing and is a waste of time.

Malone has been outperformed by Lowe consistently, yet Malone is 1st choice?

While Lawrence has his moments in a Derby shirt, the sooner he is out of the club the better. It is never going to work for him consistently here. Lacks quality, ideas and slows the game down and holds on to it too long. Take what we can for him and move on.

As for Martin, back to his latter days under McClaren where we look so so predictable with him up front on his own.

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Make no mistake people 

this side in its current state is NOT too good to go down 

far from it 

the sooner we get over 50 odd points the sooner I’ll relax 

can’t defend , can’t pass , can’t get shots off ... nevermind score 

anyone who still thinks we can get top 6 needs a reality check of monumental proportions 

Spot on i said a few weeks ago if our home form starts to dip we could well be in a relegation battle come the new year,we dont look likely to score not even a attempt on target,woeful

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I trust your judgement because you're actually watching the game, but I'm surprised by Evans' rating. I see it as the holding midfielder's job to put his foot on the ball, slow it down and stop us from getting penned in. Has he been doing that?

I can't think of a time where he's lost possession that wasn't via balls over the top that were very close to finding their targets. He's been moving the ball quite quickly and without much mistake. Tackled reasonably as well. 

Although I will say I am in favor of biasing ratings ever so slightly, so 6 is my average. He's not been "good". 

Plenty of people blaming cocu, saying the players won't play for him etc. Who the duck do these players think they are? Cocu has done more in any season of his career than any one of these ducking mercenaries. How dare they not play for him, the badge or the fans. Who the duck do they think they are. They've seen man u sulk managers out of a job, but they need reminding they're not Paul Pogba, you're Tom ducking Lawrence. How dare they.

9 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Nothing to do with Cocu.

We're a poor side with poor players.

Martin and Knight only ones with any credit.

It’s Cocu’s fault too. He sets the team up. Where is the plan? What do they do in training? No way do you win any game playing like this. This team, shape, tactics offer nothing. Big problems here I’m afraid. Awful. 

Archived