v QPR (H) Match Thread

peachmyster

Just now, ColonelBlimp said:

Wisdom was brilliiant. 

Holmes was good.

Everybody else a bit poo.

I would drop Davies and play Wisdom instead, give Bogle a licence to get up and down.

Back 4 should be

Bogle  Wisdom  Forsyth  Lowe

New goalkeeper behind them. Hello January?

I dont think it matters what back four is played, it'll concede. I think Bogle, ?, Clarke and Forysth is my preference. The ? is a new signing as I dont trust any of the current crop. Ask this question to ten fans, you'll get ten different answers. That's symbolic of the problem Keogh has given us.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute garbage . The obligatory appalling standard of officiating , but this certainly wasn’t the reason that pile of tripe was served up.

More worrying was the summing up of the game by Cocu. Just wondering does he actually watch the same game as the supporters . 
Was in complete disbelief at hearing we set up to combat QPR’s formation by changing ours. 
This is is a team that haven’t won in 7 games , and have conceded at least 2 goals in the last 10 games. 
I’m not in the Cocu out brigade but he certainly isn’t doing himself any favours with absolute baffling decisions . 

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

All the feedback on his Dutch managerial career was he set up teams not to lose....

Chalk and cheese with the Lampard approach. I wonder if Mel did research on his style.

It was difficult to get motivated today, in fact when you know you're a bang average mid table team, it's been difficult all season. The Rooney effect is my last (and only?) hope for the season.

This is my worry as well, everything the PSV fans said seems to be holding true. I don’t think he’s a terrible manager at what he does, and given a team with the ability to defend and be clinical in attack he’d do well. But that isn’t the philosophy we’re supposed to have here.

Think however this season was written off as soon as the transfer window closed. Said it was a disaster of a window and I stand by that. Very little quality brought in.

2 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Unpopular opinion I'm sure, but Holmes gets away with murder.

Always looks likely to break the lines and deliver, yet somehow never does.

10/10 for effort, 3/10 for effect.

He does the basics though, and that’s the main point. IMHO I’m starting to think he’s best playing a bit deeper like he was today. For a little man he’s got an excellent tackle, he’s fairly strong, quick and excellent at carrying the ball. His final pass let’s him down, that’s why he’s not a number 10. But as a ball carrier, he’s vital in this team imo. If he could play a decent final ball he’d be in the prem imo.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Certainly doesn’t help, we haven’t been at all prolific in front of goals. But it’s more than just personnel. It’s the way they’re set up. We were sat far far too deep today, and showed no adventure at all with our movement and pressing. It looked such an organised lack of press that I can only assume it was under instruction. You can have the personnel on the pitch, but if you don’t give them the freedom to attack, then we’ll never make chances. Cocu seems too cautious for me, certainly was today anyway. He’s struggling with injuries of course, but I don’t think that excuses such a negative attitude as our team had today.

Yet in his post match interview he talked about the players showing a lack of press after scoring?

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He does the basics though, and that’s the main point. IMHO I’m starting to think he’s best playing a bit deeper like he was today. For a little man he’s got an excellent tackle, he’s fairly strong, quick and excellent at carrying the ball. His final pass let’s him down, that’s why he’s not a number 10. But as a ball carrier, he’s vital in this team imo. If he could play a decent final ball he’d be in the prem imo.

I don't think he's championship standard, never mind Prem.

Flatters to deceive.

Bitterly disapointed on a bitterly cold day, 3 defenders, 2 wing backs, 2 in midfield and 3 attackers, We have now created an identity, It's called confusion, A pretty lethergic performance in the 1st half, A little better in the 2nd half where maybe on another day we'd have hit the target with 1 or 2 of the opportunities we had.

Lawrence again in the last 2 matches has returned to type, Alot of huff n puff but he would never blow the house down, Good freekick from Waghorn and foolish to get himself in a position to give a pen away, I'm down the North Stand so not sure what went off, Davies never looked comfortable, Evens struggles, Holmes gives his best, Hamer not a lot to do, Bogle at times looked the part, Bogle at times doesn't look the part, Marriott is way off his game.

Going back a few seasons under the wee scotsman more player were brought in on bigger wages than those that got us to the top of the division, It caused a rift and players were a little miffed, Players were pacified with more loot, Just wonder if the Rooney wage structure is having an effect.

Cocu is trying his best with the players available....leaving Martin out for me was a mistake.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well why wasn’t he instructing them to push up then? There were plenty of opportunities to. Sometimes you’ve got to try and influence the game from the sidelines.

You can't be certain that he or someone from his team wasn't. Not as simple as that and also players on the pitch have to take responsibility.

We played the best we have in ages against Preston. The same team then got outclassed by a good Fulham team. But I don't think we were that bad. Our third match in a week leads to some changes, then having done all the preparation, we have to change approach just before kick off, the most important position in our team.

I am not convinced Martin has the fitness to play 3 games in a week. Not convinced Forsyth does either but we have no alternative. 

1 hour ago, Anon said:

Man bun got booked for attempting to scythe down baby Duane on a breakaway. Holmes only avoided getting snapped by pulling off some matrix style evasive manoeuvres. Even then Holmes had to remind the referee what had happened before a card was produced. Man bun should've got a 2nd yellow for kicking the ball away, but the ref bottled it.

Ah yes. I remember the incidentn now, but it was ages before the booking, so I assumed it was yet another QPR foulf that they got away with. Thanks for the info.

9 minutes ago, ossieram said:

That was garbage today.

2 poor teams and a crap ref resulted in a very poor game.

I'm pretty sure that the Rooney sideshow isn't helping the players either.

I think the Rooney sideshow will help the opposition.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

First time i have thought as i sat there not sure i want to spend cold winter days sat at PP.

Sure i will be better next time.

It's not the cold winter days you need to think about... It's the cold winter night matches to come!
I probably missed half a dozen of those in the last 2 or 3 seasons of Young Nigel's reign, for no better reason than the negatives of the bitterly cold/wet weather outweighed the potential positives of sitting through another match!

I've not quite been as tempted since then... close on occasion, but not quite!  And I'm not there yet, despite today's abject performance!

Stay strong my friend... don't weaken, as I did!  ?

9 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

You can't be certain that he or someone from his team wasn't. Not as simple as that and also players on the pitch have to take responsibility.

We played the best we have in ages against Preston. The same team then got outclassed by a good Fulham team. But I don't think we were that bad. Our third match in a week leads to some changes, then having done all the preparation, we have to change approach just before kick off, the most important position in our team.

I am not convinced Martin has the fitness to play 3 games in a week. Not convinced Forsyth does either but we have no alternative. 

Why not play 3 at the back away, cos it always ends up a 5, then? Hit them on the break? Save Martin for the home game?

25 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I don't think he's championship standard, never mind Prem.

Flatters to deceive.

Harsh and have to disagree. There is a good player in there.. We paid 300k i seem to recall, Given some of the fees we have paid and money we have p!ssed away in recent years he's a bit of a bargain. MOTM today,  not much competition I have to say but he tried harder than the rest to make things happen

57 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He was cynically fouled several times today having  broken the lines. They got lucky that it was different guy that did it each time hence no sending off.

These occasions may have led to a scoring chance without the foul all down to “Our Dwain’s” good play.

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

He didn’t stop. Can have a opinion on it by all means. There was nothing wrong with it. He didn’t stop once 

You’re right Bob. Yep I think he skirted the edge of the rules and Hamer guessed large at the same time but that’s sport.

we are clutching at straws really. Whatever to truth a draw was right after our lacklustre display

Archived