v QPR (H) Match Thread

peachmyster

No one to blame for that result other than the coaching team for me. Far too negative a set up from the outset, and failed to rectify it. Once we had more like the team we should’ve started with, when Whittaker and Martin were on, we started to look a bit more threatening. But it was all far too late. Before that it was just hoof and hope. Luckily for us Holmes held the midfield together on his own, and managed to give us some opportunities going forward. But really, we were totally lacklustre. Clearly under instruction not to press, we just sat back and let QPR do whatever they want. I mean this is QPR at home ffs. Why on Earth is Cocu so scared of them that he had to set up to counter them... why can’t we just play our own game and go at them?!

Hes got to stop being so cautious all the time. Honestly we were so defensive and deep In that game it’s unreal. If his name wasn’t Phillip Cocu you’d think you were watching a football team set up by a 60 odd year old English dinosaur. Painful to watch. Evans was totally anonymous, and Cocu bottled the chance to put Knight in when Bielik got injured. Really is starting to become a Rowett mark 2, says all these things about the academy, but when he had the chance to give Whittaker a chance from the start today, he didn’t take it. I mean Bogle on right wing... duck me. 

Patience is wearing thin now. I honestly don’t think he’s the right man for the job, certainly not if we want to be playing exciting attacking football. Defended him before as the squad at his disposal is poor, but that tactical set up today was not one of a man with an attack minded philosophy.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

You have too be still in a forward motion or it is classified has a stop which he wasn't.You can stutter your run up has long has you are still  moving forward but a pause before striking the ball no matter how long is not allowed.

The officials claim he was still in motion according too Cocu, he disagrees has do I and various others.

It is the way of football differing opinions even var causes it and that was suppose to provide clarity on decisions.

He didn’t stop. Can have a opinion on it by all means. There was nothing wrong with it. He didn’t stop once 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

No one to blame for that result other than the coaching team for me. Far too negative a set up from the outset, and failed to rectify it. Once we had more like the team we should’ve started with, when Whittaker and Martin were on, we started to look a bit more threatening. But it was all far too late. Before that it was just hoof and hope. Luckily for us Holmes held the midfield together on his own, and managed to give us some opportunities going forward. But really, we were totally lacklustre. Clearly under instruction not to press, we just sat back and let QPR do whatever they want. I mean this is QPR at home ffs. Why on Earth is Cocu so scared of them that he had to set up to counter them... why can’t we just play our own game and go at them?!

Hes got to stop being so cautious all the time. Honestly we were so defensive and deep In that game it’s unreal. If his name wasn’t Phillip Cocu you’d think you were watching a football team set up by a 60 odd year old English dinosaur. Painful to watch. Evans was totally anonymous, and Cocu bottled the chance to put Knight in when Bielik got injured. Really is starting to become a Rowett mark 2, says all these things about the academy, but when he had the chance to give Whittaker a chance from the start today, he didn’t take it. I mean Bogle on right wing... duck me. 

Patience is wearing thin now. I honestly don’t think he’s the right man for the job, certainly not if we want to be playing exciting attacking football. Defended him before as the squad at his disposal is poor, but that tactical set up today was not one of a man with an attack minded philosophy.

Who do you want in 

46 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Disagree on the ref, thought he was sound and consistent, didn’t have a deal to do.

Nothing wrong with the run up to the penalty as well. All perfectly legal 

Agree with everything else 

Second worst refereeing performance I've seen this season behind Darren England in the Cardiff game. He was booed off at half-time which is pretty telling.

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Who do you want in 

I’ve no idea. I don’t want to particulary have to sack another manager, but I really think Mels got this one wrong if he wanted a manager to continue the style of play from Lampard. I can name names of decent managers, but it’s finding the one who plays the right style. As a Derby fan, I can’t say I will have seen enough of most managers to know the style of football they play. Javi Gracia would be a name that jumps to mind, but like I say I don’t know a great deal about him, other than hearing positive things from Watford fans.

Horrible day. No atmosphere,  crap match.

Penalty debate or not, we shouldn't have put ourselves in that position.

First time i have thought as i sat there not sure i want to spend cold winter days sat at PP.

Sure i will be better next time.

2 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Second worst refereeing performance I've seen this season behind Darren England in the Cardiff game. He was booed off at half-time which is pretty telling.

He was a bit fussy but other than that what did he do wrong? Penalty was one by the sound of it and he probably knows the rules on taking them better than us halfwits.

Only booed through frustration.

And i thought arsenal fans were bad.

Cant believe anyone is saying Cocu should go.

No pre season to speak of, shortened transfer window,  horrendous run of injuries,  the event,  but still yeah lets sack him.

I know everyone is entitled to an opinion,  my opinion however is its ridiculous.

I felt Evans had a good game. Always gave the defence an option to pass to, very reliable with his passing, and was driving the team forwards a few times. He did pass it back to the defence a bit too often, but that was mostly because no one was moving further up the field. 
Holmes was doing his best to mark their players... when our defence was in possession. 
Some fans were a joke at times with some  complaining about all 3 subs, groaning when keeping possession, groaning at players trying to take their man on, etc...

11 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

I think it’s the fact we’ve given away a daft penalty in injury time..... and the fact that 99% of fans don’t understand the rules of how a penalty can be taken..... think that’s more telling

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I'm quite surprised by this post, you're normally scrupulously balanced in your conclusions after a well thought out argument.

Maybe take some time out and see if you feel the same in the morning, it's what I'm going to do after sitting through that!

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I think it’s the fact we’ve given away a daft penalty in injury time..... and the fact that 99% of fans don’t understand the rules of how a penalty can be taken..... think that’s more telling

It was utterly stupid.  Got themselves penned in by a poor qpr team, trying to play out the half rather than pushing out.

Even if the run up was illegal i feel no injustice,  100% our fault.

1 minute ago, Raich Van Carter said:

Well that’s the Marriott discussion put to bed... ?

Positives were.... erm... Wisdom looked ok. Holmes worked hard. Erm. The fog didn’t come down too much. 

poor game. Poor tactics tbh. 

I thought fozzy played well. For me was our best player today 

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I've no problem with the penalty run up, at the time I wasn't sure but having seen it again it was perfectly legal. The rest of his performance was pretty shocking though. That's not to say I think we only drew because of the ref, I thought we were really poor today.

21 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

This is unfair. Cocu is doing his homework watching the opposition. He loses Bielik in warm up. The injury list is quite long. What else can he do? Bogle did well. He’s looking good In his attacking play. I’m not sure how this lineup was negative... Waghorn, Marriott, Lawrence, Holmes all on the pitch. 

Just now, lrm14 said:

I've no problem with the penalty run up, at the time I wasn't sure but having seen it again it was perfectly legal. The rest of his performance was pretty shocking though. That's not to say I think we only drew because of the ref, I thought we were really poor today.

What did he get wrong?

I really cant think of anything.

6 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I'm quite surprised by this post, you're normally scrupulously balanced in your conclusions after a well thought out argument.

Maybe take some time out and see if you feel the same in the morning, it's what I'm going to do after sitting through that!

Just getting a bit fed up of watching us be so little threat really... 20 goals in 19 games is just dirge. FWIW i don’t think Cocu is an idiot, just like I didn’t think Rowett was an idiot. But what I’m starting to think, is they’re both managers with a negative mindset. Maybe I’m being overly harsh in the aftermath of the match and not considering enough the difficult scenario he’s been faced with, maybe I’ll feel differently in the morning. I’m just struggling to see any justification for the approach to that match today at the moment.

Archived