v QPR (H) Match Thread

peachmyster

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ossieram said:

That was garbage today.

2 poor teams and a crap ref resulted in a very poor game.

I'm pretty sure that the Rooney sideshow isn't helping the players either.

Are they like alot of fans thinking he will be our saviour... they are professional and should be jeered up that some one like him is here. 

58 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

It's not the cold winter days you need to think about... It's the cold winter night matches to come!
I probably missed half a dozen of those in the last 2 or 3 seasons of Young Nigel's reign, for no better reason than the negatives of the bitterly cold/wet weather outweighed the potential positives of sitting through another match!

I've not quite been as tempted since then... close on occasion, but not quite!  And I'm not there yet, despite today's abject performance!

Stay strong my friend... don't weaken, as I did!  ?

I booked my flights before kick off today  for Barnsley home on the 2nd via brum as flight expensive.. I would not have done it after as this flight is nearly triple and hotel needed... 

It's the hope that kills after last weekend ?

1 hour ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Thought we played well first half. Thought the movement was much better. Noticeably in the last two home matches, we have offered options for players on the ball. Earlier in the season, everyone seemed stationary. I thought build up play was good. Moaners in the crowd but we were 1-0 up and keeping the ball with patience. Thought second half was scrappy and we seemed lethargic and disjointed. Draw fair result. Liked the idea of using Bogle in a more attacking position. Thought he did well, so did Holmes. Lawrence looked tired near the end. Most of the other players I thought were average today. We aren't having much luck with injuries.

You thought we played well in the first half??  Very easily pleased methinks! We were very poor first half and going in on level terms was the MOST we deserved. Marginally better second 45 but,as everyone else has said, nowhere near good enough. Yes, injuries etc are badly affecting us, but PC set the team up all wrong today.. 

one of the worst games  I have seen in a long while, we were disjointed due to our injury list,  QPR were woeful and there for the taking. The Bogle experiment should cease and put him back to right back. 

against a better side we would have lost today. Malone was one of our better players today which I don’t think I have said before.

the January window cannot come quick enough, we need a new spine to the team ASAP 

Alright lads and lasses.

Been on the normal strongbow tonight, ran out of dark fruits. Tastes like piss so I’m capable of giving my reviews on today.

First of all, I’d say that all our strikers are bang average. 

Martyn Waghorn - I absolutely love this guy to bits, he’s a proper nice guy, and commend him for coming out about mental health in football. His goal today was beautiful, however as much as I hate to say it, he isn’t doing good enough, and doesn’t deserve to be in the first team.

Jack Marriott this season has shown absolutely nothing. He has been average/poor in every game he has featured in. 

Chris Martin had his honeymoon period where he came back, was fantastic but has been average these past few games, he doesnt have the ability to play every game.

If I was big PCoc, I would address this by playing the young and hungry strikers we have in the club, at the moment, we have nothing to lose, so why not? Whittaker & Hector-Ingram would be great to see, both are doing well.

Regarding Whittaker, thought he was mint when he came on today, think he deserves a start at Blackburn.

I genuinely do not understand what goes through some of our fans noggins.

We are NOT entitled to win every home game; I understand it is frustrating to not win against a team like QPR however, what the duck do you expect when we have so many of our top players out injured?!?! 

Matt Clarke, Graeme Shinnie are two players who were doing very well for us before they got injured.

We can’t be consistent on the pitch if every game someones getting injured??

I think the game would of been different if Bielik was able to play.

There is an article on the Athletic from an anonymous EFL club owner that was talking about increased pressure when the team isnt performing, and they mentioned that it was the players that aren’t good enough, but due to the risk of losing revenue etc they had to sack to manager to keep the fans happy.

We need to back the gaffer because the truth is the set of players we have aren’t good enough!

I think this next game away at Blackburn requires several changes, it requires something new.

I would absolutely love to see a team that includes Sibley & Whittaker.

Rant over, I love this club and most of the fans and the gaffer and some of our players.

its ducked frustrating when your team play like piss, but all we can do as fans is get behind them and rally them on.

? ❤️

19 minutes ago, ramtique said:

but PC set the team up all wrong today

I think it was intended to be 3-5-2 but, after Bielik pulled out in the warm up, it was clear that Evans wasn't an adequate replacement. With him not strong enough to play the role, Cocu had to change the formation to 4-2-3-1.

I'm sure if Cocu had known Bielik wouldn't be able to play, he'd've set things up differently. But in the circumstances, he was allowed to change the injured player but not any others.

That said, I would have thought Bielik was already a doubt, after the knocks at Fulham, so presumably they had prepared for him failing a fitness test but that might still have resulted in a different line up.

In a word .. Turgid

i am usually positive, I recognise all the injury woes, unhelpful refs, no preseason but today was just not good enough against an average but hard working opposition. A precious point but talk about underwhelmed ! 

Bogle wandering around not sure where he was playing .. and I thought he was a winger in disguise. I was wrong. Talented yes but guided no

Waghorn a player I really like .. stuck out on the left and his inconsistent touch is all the more visible. Forgiven for a great free kick, sworn at for a clumsy tackle

Holmes and Lawrence .. tried hard, 

Evans .. a CDM ? He looked more like a centre back and that was where he played most of the game. A record number of back passes today .. well done lad 

Marriott .. isn’t going to do anything without close support .. Jack needs a partner .. it isn’t Rocket science 

Malone .. well at least he can cross and does move when he’s passed the ball but what else ?

Fozzie did ok 

Martin ? Well at least he can control a ball 

Curtis, he’s a defender not a passer of the ball can we all agree on that team ? 

Youngsters .. play em at home ...they’re hungry and want it which too many of the 1st team don’t at the moment. 

anyone else ? Invisible.

Yours sincerely Mardy 

Off Burton Road 

4 hours ago, Hanny said:

I guess my point of view is: just because Derby won, doesn’t mean Cocu found the right setup. It’s a win(and that’s good), but that can’t be the only metric in deciding a path forward. We saw a few wins last year that certainly shouldn't have been. Luck will always play a role in football...it just shouldn’t be the main goal.  

I think Cocu is the first Manager in awhile willing to take chances in order to get some answers on the team. Folks may see that as tinkering or clueless(I guess). I see that as approaching this game with a plan. Hence, I’m excited to see where Cocus plan leads the team.

Ive said it in other threads- I’ll be happy with a mid table finish this year, if it means Derby has found answers to build long term. To me that’s exciting. 

Oh I hear what ur saying and I’m totally in the same camp that winning / losing isn’t this lucky metric 

mode me urs always been about performances ( unless we’re in poo streak) 

for me results are short term performance are long term 

is it fair to say that both ... more so performances have been I short supply 

And  that’s the thing that concerns me and why I can’t share your optimism

we play well ie boro and then forest with two up top, probably the most fluent we’ve been going forward then he changes players and formation... why ? 

we the get tonked by fulham and produce an abject home performance today 

I’m just not feeling it 

I want to ... I want this to work Cos it could be beautiful 

who knows maybe with Rooney and few back we’ll pick up but u think he needs to decide on few things and make some tough calls 

23 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Oh I hear what ur saying and I’m totally in the same camp that winning / losing isn’t this the only metric 

Im always about performances ( unless we’re in poo streak) 

we play well ie boro and then forest with two up top, probably the most fluent we’ve been going forward then he changes players and formation... why ? 

we then get tonked by fulham and produce an abject home performance today 

I’m just not feeling it 

who knows maybe with Rooney and few back we’ll pick up but u think he needs to decide on few things and make some tough calls 

13 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Oh I hear what ur saying and I’m totally in the same camp that winning / losing isn’t this lucky metric 

mode me urs always been about performances ( unless we’re in poo streak) 

we the get tonked by fulham and produce an abject home performance today 

I’m just not feeling it 

I think slowly we are seeing the squad sorted. Jozefzoon ditched, Paterson now behind Whittaker, and Dowell just keeping a seat warm. Will those 3 be here at the end of Jan?

And I can't see it being long before Knight gets in. Evans is sadly one of those midfielders you could forget is playing.

This season so far has been frustrating for all involved. I do think if injuries let us, we should pick a settled team for more than two matches but it relies on all putting in a shift...

I reckon Cocu would give the youngsters more time, but a solid senior group to build around seems hard to find. Still, we have the most minutes of players under 21 in the league so far. Now that is a positive!

I think getting Rooney on the pitch will be a huge lift, if nothing else his attitude and will to win should kick some others into gear. Yet I also think it has become just another distraction, hopefully now he is here it will calm.

1 hour ago, ramtique said:

You thought we played well in the first half??  Very easily pleased methinks! We were very poor first half and going in on level terms was the MOST we deserved. Marginally better second 45 but,as everyone else has said, nowhere near good enough. Yes, injuries etc are badly affecting us, but PC set the team up all wrong today.. 

Weird how we interpret the match so differently. Thought it was definitely better first half. Second half we never had a grip but first we had lots of good pass and movement. We were better team first half but second it was just scrappy and not a good spectacle. 

7 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Weird how we interpret the match so differently. Thought it was definitely better first half. Second half we never had a grip but first we had lots of good pass and movement. We were better team first half but second it was just scrappy and not a good spectacle. 

Game of opinions! ?

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

He does the basics though, and that’s the main point. IMHO I’m starting to think he’s best playing a bit deeper like he was today. For a little man he’s got an excellent tackle, he’s fairly strong, quick and excellent at carrying the ball. His final pass let’s him down, that’s why he’s not a number 10. But as a ball carrier, he’s vital in this team imo. If he could play a decent final ball he’d be in the prem imo.

He has good effort but he is no central midfielder, he frequently just runs into opposing players he rarely looks up to pass progressively to a teammate, he hardly ever looks like scoring a goal or creating an assist and he has a dreadful habit of trying to beat an opponent in our half and lose the ball easily and leave us in deep trouble, as a winger he can be contribute to the team in a substitute situation but yeah he easily flatters to deceive.

4 hours ago, DRBee said:

Todays changes in team selection were as baffling as some of those made last season by Lampard.

For the first time Cocu's interview seemed wishful thinking to me ,whereas he is usually direct and spot on in the view he gives.

Having 3 at the back simply gives more opportunity to muck about and pass sideways and yet there were still times when Waghorn  was defending too much and was  too far back.   A match that was hard to enjoy.

We didn't have 3 at the back though, because of Beilik's injury. Maybe for 3 minutes at the start?

Effinghell -  my friend sat next to me identified early on, after 3 minutes, that we were playing with a back 4 despite what the team sheet implied, 40 minutes into the first half some people behind us to the left started saying "this looks morelike 4-2-3-1 than what I expcected, Wisdom is playing RB". After 75 minutes and the final subs some fuckwits declared "we've switched to a standard back four" but it had been that way for 70  minutes already.

Please excuse me if I think the majority of football fans are slow witted, intellectually constipated morons.

9 minutes ago, Coconut said:

We didn't have 3 at the back though, because of Beilik's injury. Maybe for 3 minutes at the start?

Effinghell -  my friend sat next to me identified early on, after 3 minutes, that we were playing with a back 4 despite what the team sheet implied, 40 minutes into the first half some people behind us to the left started saying "this looks morelike 4-2-3-1 than what I expcected, Wisdom is playing RB". After 75 minutes and the final subs some fuckwits declared "we've switched to a standard back four" but it had been that way for 70  minutes already.

Please excuse me if I think the majority of football fans are slow witted, intellectually constipated morons.

See also dumb and dumber on Radio Derby wondering after the game why we changed to 352 at home when we’ve been in such good form. 

Genuinely a massive pair of muppets

Our attackers are so frustrating. Marriott strolls about, not doing a lot, and then is completely careless with the ball. Waghorn scores a brilliant freekick, and then loses his mind completely and gives away the dumbest penalty of the season, the guy is not going towards the goal, why he did what he did doesn't even make sense to me. All he had to do was not dive in. 

Martin has to start. He's our only striker with a brain. The other strikes are optional extras, Martin is the best footballer we have in our squad.

Archived