Cocu interview - Long term vision for the club

Sean

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree. This is well timed from the club, the most reassuring thing i've seen. Cocu is reserved and considered but look at the delight in his eyes  - he is passionate and joyful not cold and aloof.

It's great to hear more about the overall strategy. A coherent plan, let's hope we can stay committed to it.

The cognitive side of things in the interview is very interesting. Going from this and Bieliks interview about how Cocu gets them to think about their positioning more make me think we've needed the transition time so far. 

The club will give him time, especially as we're building for the future. 

The Derby County model. I absolutely love that. 

UTR!!! 

1 hour ago, Sean said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/11/phillip-cocu-discusses-derbys-long-term-vision

Think this deserves its own thread, very interesting interview from Cocu and a reassuring one.

Anyone who doubts the guy really needs to take this interview on board, we're very lucky to have him and we will be reaping the rewards a few years down the line.

I haven’t watched this yet; however, I’m excited by the comments made by others. Finally, we get to know what PC actually is trying to build...

Four years!!! Four years!!! Four years!!!

We only have Cocu signed up for four years!!!

Give the man a 20 year contract and free reign to do whatever he wants.

He has the foresight and intelligence to set this club up for success over years.

All those wanting a Warnock-style immediate promotion (and subsequent relegation) should watch this video over and over.... And then there might just be a chance that they will finally understand that building a club takes time.

Cocu is brilliant. We must support him.

He will deliver what we all want. COYR ?

22 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Four years!!! Four years!!! Four years!!!

We only have Cocu signed up for four years!!!

Give the man a 20 year contract and free reign to do whatever he wants.

He has the foresight and intelligence to set this club up for success over years.

All those wanting a Warnock-style immediate promotion (and subsequent relegation) should watch this video over and over.... And then there might just be a chance that they will finally understand that building a club takes time.

Cocu is brilliant. We must support him.

He will deliver what we all want. COYR ?

It's almost a shame he's not the owner.

Back him up Mel, back him up.

9 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

It's almost a shame he's not the owner.

Back him up Mel, back him up.

While this made me chuckle; it is my biggest worry about the incoming investment. I hope MM is still the shotcaller after it comes in, I'd worry about the commitment to Cocu if he wasn't. 

Fascinating insight into the man and his methods and I'm even more confident that, given time,  he will produce what is needed for a sustainable future in the top division of English football. Great that he sounds positive about the young players to the point that 3 or 4 of the current crop will be in the starting eleven in 2 years time - not just in the squad but actually starting. As someone has already stated, it's imperative that MM continues to hold the reins of our club to ensure Cocu is given the time he needs to see the job through. 

Even now there'll be a couple of posters who will have hated that interview but guy's, there's still time to turn your negative opinions into positive support.

Archived