Cocu interview - Long term vision for the club

Sean

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said it before and still believe that the only way to build the success for us is long term planning. Give Cocu the next three seasons, let him bring the youngsters in and let him say what kind of players he needs to build the club. Get the right kind of team behind him and build the academy long term also.

The academy needs to get a man that has a clear vision and is strong enough to drive things through long term even if there is some distractions from the outside. When you look at a academy like Ajax has you have to admire them. They are not the biggest club or have the most money but they are very well build and extremely efficient with what they do.

1 minute ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

For the chosen few in the academy, not for the hundreds who just want to play, supported by coaches and volunteers who give up their time to give kids opportunities to just play. But who cares about them eh!

The FA?

We covered some of this in the Zak Brunt thread.

either you think these contracts are perfectly acceptable, or you think they are totally inappropriate for little kids.

I’m in the latter camp. 

Really hope we stick with Cocu , he comes across as a really nice bloke and everything he says regarding the long term plan sounds fantastic.....he is very easy to like ....all the fans who have berated the man....please just think ....he is also new to this country and league and we should all get behind him and make him feel welcome...the plans he talks about is not the  easy route to success but the longer more sustainable way and will be hard work and mean lots of hours talking to coaches and implementing his philosophies so get behind the man....when the next time we are not playing well or passing sideways or backwards please give him the respect he deserves...how many managers in the past have made big statements like this ? It will not be easy but we have a fantastic coach and manager ...we are lucky to have him at our club ?

Just got around to watching this and it's great to see.

Those questioning if he "knows what he's doing" should watch and listen.

I was particularly interested in the part where he explained the rationale behind introducing Academy players and then dropping them back to the U23s to see how it affected them. Another notable quote was that they always try to have a senior staff member at each youth level match.

Give this man time and we'll be well set for the long term.

2 hours ago, Footymum2017 said:

Hi I’m sorry but I can’t say the age group, it would make it very difficult for my son if the club knew I had posted on here.

Fair do's, Mrs F.  Understood.

I was being a little naughty with that post, in fairness.  (That's an admission, not an apology!  Ha, Ha!)

In all seriousness, I'm sorry to see you/your son are not happy with the way things are at the Academy.  Hope things get better, and when he earns his first million, you are back on here saying "That's my boy"!  :-)

Archived