Preston (H) - Match Thread

Comrade 86

Just now, Bob The Badger said:

I have no issue Holmes running at defenders and not getting through. I much prefer that than holding back all the time.

Unless he does it again of course. Then I'll be whining like a 7-year-old.

I'd mind it less if I could remember a time he succeeded ? 

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bogle with a great pass to Lawrence on the edge of the area; he gets tackled as he tries to create more space - it rolls out to Waghorn who doesn't hit it great and it heads wide.

Another great pass from Bielik in the build up too. I love how cleanly he hits passes; you can really tell a difference in quality.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Bogle with a great pass to Lawrence on the edge of the area; he gets tackled as he tries to create more space - it rolls out to Waghorn who doesn't hit it great and it heads wide.

Another great pass from Bielik in the build up too. I love how cleanly he hits passes; you can really tell a difference in quality.

You seem to reporting on a lot of misses by us. 

Preston FK is punched by Roos to a Preston player on the edge of the area. His half-hearted volley is headed away by Martin.

Derby counter moments later is tripped up as TL miscontrols. 

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

You seem to reporting on a lot of misses by us. 

Indeed. Of our... 4? shots in this half, there has been only one Preston save. However none of them, other than the save from a poor Waghorn shot, has been a particularly great opportunity.

5th? shot. Lawrence hits an acrobatic volley from 20 yards which is flies close to the top corner. Didn't see the build up, was typing this ? 

Just now, Ramarena said:

Is this the lowest number of pages for a match thread ever?

You can tell we're winning and playing ok.......just watch those page numbers accelerate if we concede!

Just thinking the same thing ?

Seen more pages over an abandoned fixture!

Archived