Forest (A) Match Thread

Bubbles

5 minutes ago, Squid said:

decided we need a new striker, Marriott and Waghorn aren’t good enough 

Marriott is a good player. His ability to get a shot off, or get on the end of half chances is very impressive . Him and Martin have only had two games together but we look much better already. 

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ask him for the lottery numbers for next week.

We played well, with a touch more luck, no injury to Clarke, some shooting boots on, we would have won - not at all depressingly predictable. And if he'd watched then he could have talked more sense.

I don’t play the lottery, but if I start to shoot up Mozza’s prediction league, you’ll know why. ?

I just don’t see what all the fuss is over. The poster is obviously disappointed like the rest of us.

I’ll admit when I was out for my meal and I picked up my phone at 2:30 to check the score, the first thought that came to mind was ‘Typical Derby!’.

I don’t dispute that we played well and were unlucky, but Forest winning was a reasonably predictable outcome based on form, our recent record there, and just because it’s us.

We always find a way to fluff it up.

56 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Fans turn up when the circumstances are right for them.

I don’t know the poster. I don’t know their circumstances.

I’d love to think every fan is making every effort to back the manager, back the team, and watch or go to every game, but that’s not realistic.

Everyone supports or follows the club in their own way, and it’s not my place to question how much of a fan or supporter this person is.

If the poster feels disillusioned and turned off by how we are doing under Cocu and doesn’t want to watch the games, that’s their prerogative.

Agreed but then isnt a bit strange to go on the thread for said match (that they couldn't be arsed to watch) to make a comment, which surely they know is going to wind some posters up?

If I was that disillusioned that I couldn't be arsed to watch us play against our local rivals the last thing I would be doing on a Saturday night would be going on a forum to comment on the game and tell everyone how uninterested I was, I mean really what is the point of doing that. 

Sure I might come on and read the match report, look at peoples thought and maybe ask how we played or something but why would I come on and say 'I knew we would lose so couldn't be bothered', I really dont know what I would be hoping to achieve by doing that.

Guess if everyone had just ignored it, myself included, then maybe the poster would have got the message a bit clearer.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Agreed but then isnt a bit strange to go on the thread for said match (that they couldn't be arsed to watch) to make a comment, which surely they know is going to wind some posters up?

If I was that disillusioned that I couldn't be arsed to watch us play against our local rivals the last thing I would be doing on a Saturday night would be going on a forum to comment on the game and tell everyone how uninterested I was, I mean really what is the point of doing that. 

Sure I might come on and read the match report, look at peoples thought and maybe ask how we played or something but why would I come on and say 'I knew we would lose so couldn't be bothered', I really dont know what I would be hoping to achieve by doing that.

Guess if everyone had just ignored it, myself included, then maybe the poster would have got the message a bit clearer.

Neither of us can speak to the OP’s intentions.

But if they were looking to get a rise out of people, mission accomplished. ?

My thoughts on the game

i actually thought we played some good stuff at times today and I genuinely think we might’ve won that if that forest scum hadn’t left his foot in on Clarke as Bielik looked good in midfield ...fine margins sometimes win games and I think Lawrence Martin and Marriott could have all easily scored 

I thought Holmes decision making and passing in general wasn’t good today especially in the first half 

The goal as we know was a howler from Bogle and I still seriously think he’d be better at right mid ...he’s young yes I get that but he doesn’t seem to learn from previous mistakes and that has to be sorted out 

I think he shanked one up in the air in the box last season if I remember and forest punished us to win the game and today again but this time even worse ...I just don’t get what he was trying to do ....must improve defensively 

much better performance away today though and on another day we could’ve even won it as I don’t remember them creating much 

hope we bring a couple of decent players who will make a difference in come January 

COYR 

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Where did I say quote wasn't worth my time unquote please 

moronic keyboard warrior and you can quote me on that,BTW i thought you were pretty intelligent from your previous posts but obviously i was wrong.Here is a definition by Mr Google which might help you in future =To make an effort to do something, you have to "get off your arse"! Hence "can't be arsed" means don't feel it worthwhile to make the effort of standing up and doing something. It is also heard in Britain.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

What absolute twaddle 

I totally agree with Roymac5, also many posters disagree with u, I am and always will be a positive ram, and I have turned up over 40 years now, good and bad times to support my team, I have ALWAYS BEEN BOTHERED AND ALWAYS WILL BE. 

3 hours ago, Jourdan said:

But I can understand why some fans chose not to even if they were able to 

Then they’re not fans then are they ..?..

or are they fans when our form is better then they go to actually support the team or watch it on the box ? But can’t be arsed if we are going through a sticky patch ....wow...thanks for your fantastic support ??????

picking and choosing when to watch ....really..??? 

if we were national league I’d still go it’s not all about supporting when the going is good ...unfortunately these type of so called fans are the sort who will be first in queue for play off tickets etc ....but nowhere to be seen when we are having an indifferent time ...fairweather fans I think they call it ...

You think im talking rubbish, i know you are. Ive no idea why anyone would think 2 up front is the way forward. Its been 2 games, 1 win against the bottom of the league and 1 defeat. Not exactly decent is it? Let me ring uncle pep and grandad jurgen up and ask them why all the successful teams play 1. Pipe down with the mud slinging too. Ive got my head up my arse, intellectual, a troll, im spouting crap etc , apparently.??‍♂️ Sorry for the late reply. Watched bayern v dortmund (1 striker each), Leicester (1 striker), highlights of prem ( 1 striker everywhere) and a serie game (both teams 1 striker) but hey ho, you know best. 

43 minutes ago, Saity said:

Then they’re not fans then are they ..?..

or are they fans when our form is better then they go to actually support the team or watch it on the box ? But can’t be arsed if we are going through a sticky patch ....wow...thanks for your fantastic support ??????

picking and choosing when to watch ....really..??? 

if we were national league I’d still go it’s not all about supporting when the going is good ...unfortunately these type of so called fans are the sort who will be first in queue for play off tickets etc ....but nowhere to be seen when we are having an indifferent time ...fairweather fans I think they call it ...

Like I said, there isn’t a ‘one size fits all’ description for a football fan. We all have different circumstances, we all consume the game and we all show our support in different ways.

I also don’t think it’s fair to call people fairweather fans on the basis of one post that may have been misinterpreted.

I think it divides the fanbase when you start throwing words like that about.

Whether you were at the City Ground, tuning into Radio Derby, following the text commentary, posting on the match thread, or watering the garden, I think we can all agree on something. Today’s result was a hard one to take.

Bur there is a long way to go in the season and hopefully Cocu will produce a team in the coming weeks and months that will play well, win games and lift the fans.

We only get 27,000 on average going to PP week in, week out, when Wembley showed we have the potential to attract much larger numbers.

So if you are right, we have a lot of fairweather fans then, don’t we?

11 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lovely header down for Marriott to miss a great chance though...

He's young mistakes happen.

Oh I know, its just wildly frustrating to lose to them in that way 

oh well bigger picture and all that, we played well and look umpteen times better with the diamond than a solitary isolated striker 

the growing injury list is a concern though I have to say 

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

I thought Roos did well today?

A couple of good saves. 

He did make a good save, I just don't rate him. He has a way of finding the opposition player with his goal kicks like they're holding a magnet. 

7 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Like I said, there isn’t a ‘one size fits all’ description for a football fan. We all have different circumstances, we all consume the game and we all show our support in different ways.

I also don’t think it’s fair to call people fairweather fans on the basis of one post that may have been misinterpreted.

I think it divides the fanbase when you start throwing words like that about.

Whether you were at the City Ground, tuning into Radio Derby, following the text commentary, posting on the match thread, or watering the garden, I think we can all agree on something. Today’s result was a hard one to take.

Bur there is a long way to go in the season and hopefully Cocu will produce a team in the coming weeks and months that will play well, win games and lift the fans.

We only get 27,000 on average going to PP week in, week out, when Wembley showed we have the potential to attract much larger numbers.

So if you are right, we have a lot of fairweather fans then, don’t we?

Your post stated .you can understand why some fans chose not to go? It’s a local Derby against forest and you can go but you choose not to ...why??? if it’s as you said because of recent away performances then it’s a fair weather fan or if not describe what a fairweather fan is!?

some of us drive hundreds of miles and watch some dreadful performances and yet still go the next week because DCFC is my team and I support them through thick and thin ...if I chose to miss a game especially against Forest and I could go or chose to not watch it on tv if I could watch it  I’d question if I was a fan at all 

11 hours ago, RamNut said:

Marriott is a good player. His ability to get a shot off, or get on the end of half chances is very impressive . Him and Martin have only had two games together but we look much better already. 

yes maybe so but 1 goal in 27 league appearances (excluding playoffs) isnt exactly good enough - unless he finds form we need to look for someone to provide more goals

31 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

My memory might be going but didn't Keogh and Tomori play virtually every game in CD?

What Keogh and Tomori played every game in cross dress?

?

Archived