Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Maybe. If it was over 7 hours. Or 3.5 pints and a large glass of wine with the meal. If I was sat with that person all of the time I might notice. On the other hand if i was chatting up someone on the other side of the room I might not have a clue. 

Either way, he's been sacked.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31/10/2019 at 09:58, Rample said:

It looks purely a business decision. 

Lawrence and Bennett fit to play and with resale value kept, Keogh who will be out for over a year  and nearing retirement/too old for this level of football when he returns let go. 

One rule for one and one for another, and maybe a little bit harsh on Keogh, but definitely in the interest of the club. 

Be interesting to see where player power stands now. Not saying Keogh was divisive (amongst the players) but he did always seem to be mentioned in the group of players that went to Mel to complain etc. 

Anyway, best of luck with your recovery Rich, thanks for the effort and for actually caring over the past few years.

It can't be that easy to walk the tightrope between being captain of a team and finding yourself accused of 'Player Power Politics'

Are you one of the lads or a management spy?

"Responsibility without authority is hell."

Richard has a proven track record over the years....true!

He can no longer fulfil the terms of his contract......true!

He seems to have turned down an offer amounting to massively more than I, and one or two others perhaps, could even dream of were we to be injured at work. (Regardless of any issue of due care and diligence).

Has he been sacked?

Is he a scapegoat for the whole episode?

I understand that he has not been charged with any offence and did not even get a notice of intended prosecution.

Both he and the Club will be walking a legal tightrope and, yes I wish him well but, He will not be helped by any of us sitting as barrack room lawyers!

1 hour ago, Brummie Steve said:

Both he and the Club will be walking a legal tightrope and, yes I wish him well but, He will not be helped by any of us sitting as barrack room lawyers!

And neither will he be harmed by us barrack room lawyers on here!

I've treated this whole situation as a bit of a joke but something just hit me which really, really annoyed me.

Derby County (Including Richard Keogh) keep using poor Audrina for all their PR campaigns which on the surface looks fantastic.

Richard Keogh feels he deserves to continue earning 29k a week for a self inflicted injury.

I know it seems a bit of a 'gammon' thing to say, but he (and many others in the team) could pay the 200k for her treatment today. Why does this never happen?

Fair enough if there is a legitimate reason, i just can't see it.

16 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

I've treated this whole situation as a bit of a joke but something just hit me which really, really annoyed me.

Derby County (Including Richard Keogh) keep using poor Audrina for all their PR campaigns which on the surface looks fantastic.

Richard Keogh feels he deserves to continue earning 29k a week for a self inflicted injury.

I know it seems a bit of a 'gammon' thing to say, but he (and many others in the team) could pay the 200k for her treatment today. Why does this never happen?

Someone could've literally took the money out of Frank Lampard's wallet and he'd never have noticed.

21 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Could have put the fines to good use. Then again, that may well have happened.

23 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

I always thought this about the rich...but then I guess when does it stop?

If Derby were to pay for it then I’m sure there would be other people in the same situation that come forward and ask for money.

24 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

All I can say is, if the wealthy as individuals were to donate money for every good cause that warrants it, they would quickly be not wealthy.

That's why I support a fully funded NHS which makes sure that the cost of treating all good causes is shared equally and fairly.

But that's a conversation for the politics thread...

1 hour ago, Smyth_18 said:

You're bang on here. There will always be people who rush to their defence and say "how much have YOU given?'.

I actually do donate when possible, there's a poor man at the minute in desperate need of help who I have donated to but £40 here and there is the same as them giving a few grand. If they all did that then her treatment would be paid for. 

How many Range Rovers and designer clothes do you need? And fair enough if they don't want to help, but making out they really care then asking us peasants to pay more than them rubs me the wrong way. 

33 minutes ago, goldstar said:

You're bang on here. There will always be people who rush to their defence and say "how much have YOU given?'.

I actually do donate when possible, there's a poor man at the minute in desperate need of help who I have donated to but £40 here and there is the same as them giving a few grand. If they all did that then her treatment would be paid for. 

How many Range Rovers and designer clothes do you need? And fair enough if they don't want to help, but making out they really care then asking us peasants to pay more than them rubs me the wrong way. 

They should dona donation match thing. 

If you fans donate £5,000, us players will donate £5,000 too. 

I wonder how the combined wages of an average price park attendance balance out against the combined wages of the squad. That would be an interesting one to work out. 

I’m waiting at a bus stop, so I got bored and worked it out. 

Average pride park attendance: 29,000

Average wage: £29,000 (coincidentally)

total: £841,000 per year

average championship wage bill: £34m a year. 

Makes your eyes water that does. Keogh’s wage alone are probably more than every person in that stadium.

so, in conclusion, if everyone in the stadium donates a fiver, every player, theoretically, should be able to match that combined donation and barely notice it. 

15 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

They should dona donation match thing. 

If you fans donate £5,000, us players will donate £5,000 too. 

I wonder how the combined wages of an average price park attendance balance out against the combined wages of the squad. That would be an interesting one to work out. 

I’m waiting at a bus stop, so I got bored and worked it out. 

Average pride park attendance: 29,000

Average wage: £29,000 (coincidentally)

total: £841,000 per year

average championship wage bill: £34m a year. 

Makes your eyes water that does. Keogh’s wage alone are probably more than every person in that stadium.

so, in conclusion, if everyone in the stadium donates a fiver, every player, theoretically, should be able to match that combined donation and barely notice it. 

Diane, do you want to borrow my calculator?

40,000 fans had tickets for Wembley. Just £5 off each attendee would have been enough to cover the treatment.
Currently only £62000 off the target... add £2.30 to the ticket price for our next home game and that target will be met.

40 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Diane, do you want to borrow my calculator?

40,000 fans had tickets for Wembley. Just £5 off each attendee would have been enough to cover the treatment.
Currently only £62000 off the target... add £2.30 to the ticket price for our next home game and that target will be met.

Doh, missed a few zeros. The bus came, so I rushed. 

£841,000,000

fair dos, the combined income of everyone at pride park is quite a lot. 

We could buy and sell those players. People power. 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Whilst nowhere near correct (as over 20k have already paid for our tickets), you do make an otherwise fair point. 
It does make you wonder sometimes just how difficult it is for these charity targets to be met, when so many of us could easily and comfortably help, with something as simple as "a couple of quid each".

I'm all for donating the odd score to any charity that is close to my heart, or even the odd one that simply pulls at the heartstrings every now and again, but I guess we all have to pick and choose which pots to throw our loose change in.

Disappointed to read that there's still such a long way to go for Audrina's target to be met.  

I wasn't going to post in this thread again but I just wanted to let you know that Audrina can't have the treatment they were hoping for due to an adverse reaction. I think the family are now looking into other options. There's more news on her fundraising website.

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

I wasn't going to post in this thread again but I just wanted to let you know that Audrina can't have the treatment they were hoping for due to an adverse reaction. I think the family are now looking into other options. There's more news on her fundraising website.

Bloody hell.

15 minutes ago, angieram said:

She's in good spirits.  See her birthday wishes to Duane Holmes below and the link is there to her fundraising page for the rest of her news. 

Archived