Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

6 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I don’t suppose you see the irony between the your above post and this one do you ?

But we know he was offered a pay decrease or would be sacked. That's common knowledge. So there's no irony there. 

We don't know the full details on whether he was left on the backseat or wasn't or whether he was unconscious or surging forward down the A6 in search of a forward pass. You're quoting newspapers, Sky, other people who just don't know and have columns to fill and ad space to sell.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Anyone turning down £12k a week to do rehabilitation for 18 months needs their head testing. I know life shouldn't be about money but I'd rather take the money and keep my family financially secured than go away with nothing, especially if it was my own fault for a loss of earnings.

If his family isn't already set for life financially he has made some monumentally stupid decisions with his money. 

2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

But we know he was offered a pay decrease or would be sacked. That's common knowledge. So there's no irony there. 

We don't know the full details on whether he was left on the backseat or wasn't or whether he was unconscious or surging forward down the A6 in search of a forward pass. You're quoting newspapers, Sky, other people who just don't know and have columns to fill and ad space to sell.

Can you provide me the link that shows the official source around the pay cut then.....and this is why he got sacked, “for not accepting a pay decrease” - bet you can’t 

21 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I’m only going from what what said in court, would seem a bit bizarre of it turned out that these sequences of events were not correct. 

One doesn't necessarily preclude the other though does it? It's possible they could have been left in the car after the crash when Lawrence and Bennett originally left the scene but also no longer in the car when the Police arrived.

I'd assumed as the Mirror had published those quotes as being from the Police and Ambulance service or sources from them that they would also be correct. The other timings re. leaving the pub and being filmed driving through Quarndon maybe not, although if the video was timestamped at all then possibly.

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

Can you provide me the link that shows the official source around the pay cut then.....and this is why he got sacked, “for not accepting a pay decrease” - bet you can’t 

Yet the irony is actually from you! Because you can't prove otherwise? 

The only information we had was from John Percy who said he had been offered a contract on reduced terms or would be sacked... few hours later he is sacked. Seems pretty likely to me, no?

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

Yet the irony is actually from you! Because you can't prove otherwise? 

The only information we had was from John Percy who said he had been offered a contract on reduced terms or would be sacked... few hours later he is sacked. Seems pretty likely to me, no?

I’m just going off what you said about quoting facts, I thought JP worked for the papers, or is he a club employee ?

The irony was that your source was from a newspaper, I have no idea if it’s true or not ?

8 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

6 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

One doesn't necessarily preclude the other though does it? It's possible they could have been left in the car after the crash when Lawrence and Bennett originally left the scene but also no longer in the car when the Police arrived.

I'd assumed as the Mirror had published those quotes as being from the Police and Ambulance service or sources from them that they would also be correct. The other timings re. leaving the pub and being filmed driving through Quarndon maybe not, although if the video was timestamped at all then possibly.

I suppose anything is possible, I’m just going from the below, not sure I have any reason to believe that RK suddenly fled the scene ?

The prosecutor said a paramedic crew witnessed the crash "entirely by chance" and came to the aid of two passengers left at the scene as the defendants fled. One man was treated for facial injuries at the roadside.

20 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Not sure, I’ve not seen where it says Bennett drive off with someone from TLs car ? Was this from the court case ?

Why do you think he was unseen ?

Yes it's quoted above from the court case. Quoted below (not originally your quote btw, just your requote from me)

42 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

He “panicked” and drove away with another team mate, before getting a call from Lawrence asking to pick him up from a garage. Bennett then returned to the scene.

Edit: Or does that mean there was someone else with Bennett as well?

32 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But Bennett left with A.Nonymous from Lawrence's car. And by the time the Police turned up Lawrence had been to the garage (also leaving the car).

So the car crash happened, was seen by paramedics who treated one of the passengers for a facial injury (A.Nonymous), who then left with Bennett. Lawrence meanwhile has gone to the garage...what the heck is Keogh doing in this time - how can he have been unseen in the car for 30 mins if the parameds turned up?

Easy, If he can go missing for 90mins playing for us, 30mins is a limp in the park.

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

I suppose anything is possible, I’m just going from the below, not sure I have any reason to believe that RK suddenly fled the scene ?

The prosecutor said a paramedic crew witnessed the crash "entirely by chance" and came to the aid of two passengers left at the scene as the defendants fled. One man was treated for facial injuries at the roadside.

Yes I saw that quote, the below was also said in court which makes it slightly less clear as to whether they witnessed the crash happen, or saw the scene afterwards.

Both men 'left the scene but later returned'

Ms Connally said: “By chance paramedics were in the area and they observed and attended the scene.

“Lawrence had been driving his car and Bennett had been driving his own. Lawrence was carrying two passengers and one was treated at the roadside for a facial injury.”

Ms Connally said both men left the scene but returned 45 minutes later and by this time the police had arrived.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tom-lawrence-mason-bennett-Derby-3428350

The thing is the above is by the by when talking about Keogh's knee, which is the thing I was curious about in the first place as I wondered if it could be at all relevant to his sacking whether he received treatment for his knee injury immediately or not.

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

No but you're being very naive if you don't think Keogh was sacked for refusing a pay decrease when it was widely reported that very day prior to the sacking.

Maybe, maybe not. 

I tend to believe in facts and the timings of the release of his story and the actual sacking leads me to question if he did actually get offered a pay decrease or not.

Therefore I am reserving judgement on that part of the story, as you say journalists get paid to write stories, he was sacked for gross misconduct and it wasn’t for refusing a pay cut, that may have been an option to him, but wasn’t the reason for his sacking.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes it's quoted above from the court case. Quoted below (not originally your quote btw, just your requote from me)

Edit: Or does that mean there was someone else with Bennett as well?

I dunno, seems to be an extra person that is unaccounted for ?

2 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I tend to believe in facts and the timings of the release of his story and the actual sacking leads me to question if he did actually get offered a pay decrease or not.

Therefore I am reserving judgement on that part of the story, as you say journalists get paid to write stories, he was sacked for gross misconduct and it wasn’t for refusing a pay cut, that may have been an option to him, but wasn’t the reason for his sacking.

confused parks and recreation GIF

Archived