Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

The JP interview is an interesting development, a lot of people were very quick to assume it was RK or his agent who leaked the pay cut story. I still believe it looks better on the club that they offered RK a pay cut and therefore they would have more to gain for this to come out in the public domain, however for me as the actual details of this deal, or if indeed there was one, are unknown, then it’s an unfair stick to beat him with.

Is that the same stick you been beating Derby County with?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

It explains absolutely nothing and, if anything, only confuses me more.

DET are poo.

You'll notice the question from the audience is not quoted. That's probably important. Mel's reply is explaining why he doesn't feel as though sacking Tom Lawrence or Mason Bennett would be an effective punishment.
He makes no comparison to Keogh; or even mention him.

In my mind at least, this suggests that the question was not "Why was Keogh sacked and not Lawrence or Bennett?"; but more along the lines of, "Why were Lawrence and Bennett not punished more severely?" - which Mel's quotes in that article explain somewhat well (in that he didn't feel Sacking them would be punishment at all and they've done the limit of what they can within the players contracts), although quoting an ad lib without the exact context of the question has left things a little confusing, I'll admit.

Framing it as "explains decision to sack Keogh" is absolutely ludicrous. 

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

The club have given almost no direct quotes about Keogh, understandably. But how do you know what Cocu said to him, I know journalists make it up, but in this case?

I mean, for him to report you have to presume that piece of information is now being allowed out by someone within the club. Probably not Cocu, but the club fit sure.

As @cheron85 says, my point was by suggesting the text is ‘from Cocu’s interview with John Percy’, it can imply it was a direct quote by Cocu, which at the moment would be wrong to say. I knew that wasn’t what you were implying, it’s just sometimes people can take things the wrong way and thought it was best to make it clear!

30 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

It explains absolutely nothing and, if anything, only confuses me more.

"...and you said that automatically you are always going to fire them, the financial implications are a nightmare"

This is all you need to know. The difference in 'punishment' is purely down to money, not ethics.

Just now, cosmic said:

"...and you said that automatically you are always going to fire them, the financial implications are a nightmare"

This is all you need to know. The difference in 'punishment' is purely down to money, not ethics.

No, who gets punished if they're sacked and then go and get a big new deal at another club?

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No, who gets punished if they're sacked and then go and get a big new deal at another club?

The only precedent I can think off is Mutu, played for Chelsea and got sacked I believe for testing positive for drugs. Think Chelsea took him to court as he signed for another club and win damages. I haven’t googled it so could be wrong on the final outcome.

5 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

The only precedent I can think off is Mutu, played for Chelsea and got sacked I believe for testing positive for drugs. Think Chelsea took him to court as he signed for another club and win damages. I haven’t googled it so could be wrong on the final outcome.

This what google came up with.

"In one of the most Kafkaesque stories in the world of soccer, Adrian Mutu has been ordered to pay over €17 million to Chelsea after the failure of his most recent appeal in the European Court for Human Rights"....27 Feb 2019

Archived