Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

16 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

A bit like this thread in fact. Can you believe there’s people arguing their point which is a supposition with another person who’s convinced their supposition is fact? Yet they all admit they do not know the facts of what they’re arguing about. ?

Who is  supposedly convinced that supposition is fact?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

A bit like this thread in fact. Can you believe there’s people arguing their point which is a supposition with another person who’s convinced their supposition is fact? Yet they all admit they do not know the facts of what they’re arguing about. ?

I don't agree with talking about speculation that hasn't at least been reported on by the newspapers, I don't see how it's helpful to put information out there that is likely false but is it really supposition if you quote from the court case, Derbyshire Police, East Midlands Ambulance Service and a 'police source' - I know some people feel you can't trust the papers with much but surely they have to have reported these quotes properly?

Personally, I initially wondered about how and when Keogh got treatment for his knee injury and whether somehow that had been the catalyst for the sacking and that quote from the Sky article this morning made me go and look up all of the quotes as I didn't think it fit with what I'd read before so I thought I would mention it.

I'm happy to leave it at that now as without any more new information we do seem to be going around in circles and it may not even be relevant to the sacking.

28 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Eh?

His gross misconduct is (supposedly, mostly) about being injured and not able to fulfil his contract. All this did he know, didn't he doesn't matter a damn. 

Edit: confused myself with babble! Lol. Will be interesting when/if we ever find out where Keogh disappeared to when the paramedics arrived! ?

9 hours ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

For them it wasn't just a 1 hour lunch though, so it's difficult to compare that to them.

We know that the club provided transport was for 8pm, we know the crash happened just before midnight but that their breathalyser readings wouldn't have been until around 12.30-1am (left the scene for around 45 minutes?).

I think it's reasonable to assume that they had been there for at least an hour before the transport was booked, possibly more like 2 or 3 (the club will know), so that's what, something like 6 hours to possibly 7 or 8 from the time they arrived to the time they were breath tested.

Not sure we can glean too much about how much they drank over that time from their breathalyser results. ?‍♀️

Ok....now i’m back home.... I put 7 hours into the calculation number cruncher and the answer - to achieve the breathalyser reading of 58 - was five pints. So it hasn’t made much difference.

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

So it didn’t affect his breath test?  

I’m not trying to calculate Bennett, as that isn’t who keogh accepted a lift from.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Ok....now i’m back home.... I put 7 hours into the calculation number cruncher and the answer - to achieve the breathalyser reading of 58 - was five pints. So it hasn’t made much difference.

5 pints? Sorry if you watch someone drink that much (and they weren't breathalysed until at least an hour after they stopped drinking) and think they're okay to drive then you've only yourself to blame! 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

5 pints? Sorry if you watch someone drink that much (and they weren't breathalysed until at least an hour after they stopped drinking) and think they're okay to drive then you've only yourself to blame! 

Maybe. If it was over 7 hours. Or 3.5 pints and a large glass of wine with the meal. If I was sat with that person all of the time I might notice. On the other hand if i was chatting up someone on the other side of the room I might not have a clue. 

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Maybe. If it was over 7 hours. Or 3.5 pints and a large glass of wine with the meal. If I was sat with that person all of the time I might notice. On the other hand if i was chatting up someone on the other side of the room I might not have a clue. 

Except you've been in the pub with them all this time - seriously you wouldn't wonder how much they'd drunk?! 

35 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Except you've been in the pub with them all this time - seriously you wouldn't wonder how much they'd drunk?! 

Yes...but what if they had had 4 pints?

the answer is that they would be legal to drive ? 

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Yes...but what if they had had 4 pints?

the answer is that they would be legal to drive ? 

You'd take that risk? You have no real idea but that you've been in a pub for lots of hours?!!!

And Keogh would still be injured cos he didn't belt up!

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You'd take that risk? You have no real idea but that you've been in a pub for lots of hours?!!!

And Keogh would still be injured cos he didn't belt up!

Not matter how much we crunch the numbers, the calcs suggest he was one drink over the limit. 

A mistake to accept a lift but not a huge error of judgement. 

(P.s. I’ve done much worse, but I wouldn’t use me as a guide)

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

WHOAAAAA... What are you incinerating!  Charlie is gonna be livid when she finds out about this!  He'll need more than crutches!

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Not matter how much we crunch the numbers, the calcs suggest he was one drink over the limit. 

A mistake to accept a lift but not a huge error of judgement. 

(P.s. I’ve done much worse, but I wouldn’t use me as a guide)

Apologies for being a dick earlier, once  I'm in argument mode a weird sort of righteousness takes hold.

I think that you've said there is quite important, you can't use us mere mortals as a guide and yes we've all taken irresponsible risks, but we aren't sportsmen for who our entire job is based on our physical well-being, so we can't really be judged in the same way?

24 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Why take any risks when there’s these things called Taxi’s just a phone call away. 

Yes I totally agree.

53 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Apologies for being a dick earlier, once  I'm in argument mode a weird sort of righteousness takes hold.

Apology accepted.

Archived