Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

Just now, AdamRam said:

Do you really think you can be sacked for not accepting a pay cut ?

Maybe if you work at Asda I suppose ?

Not directly no, but out of goodwill due to the events leading to the misconduct, they offered him a reduced rate and the ability to use the facilities to aid in his rehabilitation. A sensible person would've took the cut!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I dunno, seems to be an extra person that is unaccounted for ?

Reading it again I think maybe not. 

Car crash: Bennett in front car, Lawrence and two passengers (as per above quote).

Bennett and A.Nonymous leave the scene. Lawrence & Keogh and the parameds are still there? All I can think of is that Alfie hid in the back of the car when the parameds turned up, hence no treatment? ?

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

Not directly no, but out of goodwill due to the events leading to the misconduct, they offered him a reduced rate and the ability to use the facilities to aid in his rehabilitation. A sensible person would've took the cut!

And if that was offered to him then I’d agree.

I think we're all forgetting one very important thing from the night in question... remember some sources initially reported the accident happened at a roundabout... a roundabout at the junction of Burley Lane & the A6... an invisible roundabout perhaps?  Or maybe a roundabout with mystical powers... unexplained phenomena... The Bermuda Roundabout, if you will!

A roundabout without exits perhaps... round and round we all go, where will it end?  Does anybody know!

ONBNSMk.gif?noredirect

If only they'd used their noggins.

They could have claimed they were all set to walk home when Keogh slipped on Mason's sick in the bogs (no CCTV in there to prove otherwise).

He came limping out, said his knee hurt badly, and would one of the lads be able to take him straight to Derby Royal.

Under duress of an injured teammate, the lads reluctantly agreed, then when Mason saw an approaching Paramedic at the junction, promptly reversed his car into Tom's car waiting patiently behind in order to assist his Captain getting the treatment he needed.

Heroes, the lot of them.

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

2 glasses is too much

Yes it is but would it be reasonable for any passenger accepting a lift to know how many drinks someone had had. 

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Yes it is but would it be reasonable for any passenger accepting a lift to know how many drinks someone had had. 

If they have spent the evening together i would expect them to have some idea

10 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

It's absolutely impossible to say what his breathalyser reading would be based on numerous factors.  6 pints would not equate to 91.

It depends on body type, blood absorption, time of consumption, type of drink, speed of intake of drink, other intakes such as water and food, medication such as anti inflammatory medicines or anti depressants, physiological condition. 

Absolutely loads of factors influence it. 

This is an estimate based on an accepted calculation model that takes into account gender, weight, time, and number of drinks to estimate a blood alcohol content and from that the breath alcohol content.

9 hours ago, Spanish said:

quite agree.  What was the impact of throwing up, what was the impact for going awol for 45 mins?  Some appear to see it as their job to absolve RK from responsibility and blame everybody else, including DCFC.

Bennett threw up. Keogh wasn’t in bennett’s Car

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I think we're all forgetting one very important thing from the night in question... remember some sources initially reported the accident happened at a roundabout... a roundabout at the junction of Burley Lane & the A6... an invisible roundabout perhaps?  Or maybe a roundabout with mystical powers... unexplained phenomena... The Bermuda Roundabout, if you will!

A roundabout without exits perhaps... round and round we all go, where will it end?  Does anybody know!

ONBNSMk.gif?noredirect

I’m getting more worried about you by the day.. ?

8 hours ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

For them it wasn't just a 1 hour lunch though, so it's difficult to compare that to them.

We know that the club provided transport was for 8pm, we know the crash happened just before midnight but that their breathalyser readings wouldn't have been until around 12.30-1am (left the scene for around 45 minutes?).

I think it's reasonable to assume that they had been there for at least an hour before the transport was booked, possibly more like 2 or 3 (the club will know), so that's what, something like 6 hours to possibly 7 or 8 from the time they arrived to the time they were breath tested.

Not sure we can glean too much about how much they drank over that time from their breathalyser results. ?‍♀️

I’m not saying that he drank over one hour. That was an example to show an equivalent level of alcohol intake. Based on 5 hours of drinking, the estimate was 4.5 pints or 3.5 pints and a glass of wine. Not as much as might be assumed based on all the comments. 

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I’m not saying that he drank over one hour. That was an example to show an equivalent level of alcohol intake. Based on 5 hours of drinking, the estimate was 4.5 pints or 3.5 pints and a glass of wine. Not as much as might be assumed based on all the comments. 

So how was Keogh injured then, I missed that match?

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

ONBNSMk.gif?noredirect

A bit like this thread in fact. Can you believe there’s people arguing their point which is a supposition with another person who’s convinced their supposition is fact? Yet they all admit they do not know the facts of what they’re arguing about. ?

After reading what Keogh's agent said, on top of Keogh not apologizing or owning up to having been at fault in any way, the considerable empathy and compassion i had for his plight has now drastically diminished.

Still think the club's statement rings hollow though, in light of Lawrence and Bennett staying at the club, although i understand the decision behind it from a business perspective, even if i don't agree with it, yet still Keogh is acting like an arrogant git, so there's that, maybe.

Need a lay down

10 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

A bit like this thread in fact. Can you believe there’s people arguing their point which is a supposition with another person who’s convinced their supposition is fact? Yet they all admit they do not know the facts of what they’re arguing about. ?

That was kind of the point of my post, yes!   ??

Archived