Boro (H) Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FT 2-0. Should've been 3 at the end there.

Should have been a lot more overall, probably. Great game.

2 goals for Lawrence. Assist for Martin. Assist for Bogle. Bielik probably my MOTM but obviously Lawrence was great. 

Enjoyed that. Worked harder for the second than we had to, but can’t fault the performance today, very much needed and welcome.

On to Forest we go with a bit more confidence and belief. Hope Bielik is good to go.

A game that saw Curtis Davies kick things off by putting Assombalonga through on goal. Saw Graeme Shinnie confuse the Boro kit for the Aberdeen kit (who he also doesn't play for) and lay-off a Boro defender. 

Every performance is going to have these premier Derby moments. It's all about playing well enough to overcome them. And we did that. No-one played poorly.

Bielik, Clarke and Lawrence all superb.

Chris Martin looked his old self in the system.

Marriott rusty, but with good signs.

Our full-backs, including Lowe when he came on, remain our most consistent outlet. Although this system really opens up opportunities for Martin, Marriott and Lawrence to create openings on their own. As they did for the first goal.

Delightful day.

Hopefully Lawrence can keep that sort of performance level up and he continues to play as a 10,  I have been a big critic of him for his performances compounded with off-field happenings but he will start to redeem himself for me and many other doubters if he can perform at that level even if he only does it every 2 games rather than every 12 it will make a great difference to the team.  Hopefully we take the confidence from todays game into the Forest game next Saturday, it would be the perfect time to turn around our away form , a draw wouldn't be a bad result but I'm bored of draws vs Forest and its about time we beat them at the City ground.

Amazing what happens when you play to players strengths!

Everyone looked comfortable out there today. I’ve been pretty critical this season, mainly due to trying to make players fit where they shouldn’t, but no complaints today.

Tom Lawrence was stand out, always looked like he was going to do something with the ball. Thought Clarke had one of his best games too. 

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Just logged on to my iPad. Only on page 16. I knew we must have won.

Exactly. When we're doing well; people tend to stick to liking other people's positive comments - unless they have something original/constructive to say. When we're doing badly; everyone's gotta have a piece of the pie.
That and there was basically nothing happening for 30 minutes in the second half ? 

Archived