Boro (H) Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It was awesome.

Well a very big improvement on any other game I've seen this season....a lot more cohesion,players operating in areas and with tactics that suit them together with a functioning midfield,lovely.

And Lawrence and Marriott working off Martin worked an absolute treat.

Would have been nice for all three to have got a goal today,they all deserved it but I'm sure we will just that in future games as they begin to understand each other.

Your banging of the 'Martin' drum, even when all seemed lost, is finally being rewarded! 

24 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm in Block O - just checked my ticket! 

I can usually see some people clapping more centrally but the bit where I am is really quiet. I know I go on about it a bit but I can't quite get over it. North Stand had a reputation for being quiet but it's like the Popside in comparison to where I am.

Some people were also very reluctant to stand up for the minute's silence too. I think they just come along out of habit and don't really notice what's going on in their surroundings.

Block o is behind me I think. I have a look around to see if there’s anyone I know at half time. The only person i’ve seen this season though was Benjamin bloom, so I went over to say hello and welcome him to Derby. Haven’t even seen @loweman2 so i’m Guessing he’s moved seats. give us a wave next time ?

41 minutes ago, Van De Squid said:

This could be a thing that the opposing managers use against us

A few managers have said the same thing in recent seasons. Our record at home when scoring first is excellent, but conceding first I don't imagine so good at all. 

15 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

Was that in the first minute when they should have scored and he had rounded Roos and Clarke’s knee saved the day?

Must have been, can’t remember another.

wasnt really a dig at Roos, that’s been argued enough.

My sister thinks he’s great ?‍♂️

24 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Isn't the minutes silence supposed to commence AFTER The Last Post is played?

Football fans ?

Fair play to Boro fans who went beyond that and respectfully remained silent for 90 minutes ?

12 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Block o is behind me I think. I have a look around to see if there’s anyone I know at half time. The only person i’ve seen this season though was Benjamin bloom, so I went over to say hello and welcome him to Derby. Haven’t even seen @loweman2 so i’m Guessing he’s moved seats. give us a wave next time ?

Will do. Which block are you in? 

11 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Isn’t it a criminal offence to walk along a dual carriageway especially as there is no pavement?

I walked down the M180, Police don’t like it, ended up picking me and dropping me off in Brigg. No charge, fine or anything. Think she fancied me though. 

33 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

?. 1 shot on target 

But yeah, a clean sheet nevertheless.

Did have a great save from a shot that wont count on that stats as he was offside; but no-one knew that until after the save was made. Can give Roos some credit there, even if it didn't matter. Still a good sign.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Will do. Which block are you in? 

Actually just checked your block isn’t directly behind me. I’m in E so I can keep tabs on Mel.

28 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

A few managers have said the same thing in recent seasons. Our record at home when scoring first is excellent, but conceding first I don't imagine so good at all. 

Last season we'd concede first all the time. Thats the only season I can ever remember where I'd be confident of us scoring and even winning the game from that position and we often did. Never had that feeling in any other Derby season.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Well well well the rain stopped and Martin and Marriott started together where Lawrence benefited and actually rather enjoyable 

as a side note the Middlesbrough player sent off today was he not the one that did the same challenge on Marriott in the same spot on the pitch last season and crippled Marriott and only got a yellow card?

Good memory - Lampard felt the same:

Derby manager Frank Lampard said George Saville was lucky not to be sent off: "It felt like a red card to me at the time and it was a dangerous tackle so I think they slightly got away with that one.

36 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Do bother to check your 'intuitions' before posting. Just another negative fan accepting what others say.

I seem to recall a few occasions last season when we fought back having gone behind - look them up you will find quite a few. We have also quite a few games in recent years when we have scored first and then lost.

Archived