Boro (H) Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Martin gets fouled. Plays a quick FK to put Marriott in behind. Ref calls it back.

Not sure why. Ball wasn't moving, and the ref didn't need to speak to anyone. Odd decision. 

he defo signalled a moving ball.  Saw it with my own eyes (the ref's signalling, not the ball actually moving!).

Breaking: Middlesbrough to launch legal action against Christian Bielik.

The Derby County midfielder was maliciously in the way of Middlesbrough player Savilles causing the player to be red carded. It is understood Boro are claiming damages in relation to not being good enough to be promoted whilst in receipt of parachute payments. 

Thoroughly enjoyed that first half.  Certainly the best so far this season.  I commented to those around me following the red card "That's all we need... we'll be hanging on for a draw now!"  It was meant to be a joke!

In the end, whilst Boro showed little threat, the overwhelming feeling as the 2nd goal went in was one of relief!  That's being a Rams fan for you, I guess, more than the way the game was going... Oh me of little faith!

Good effort all round, and the result thoroughly deserved.
TL opener gets me a bonus point for FRGS.  Yeah!
TL MotM was purely on merit, and not some sort of sympathy vote, which is good to see.  I was egging him on to get his hat trick... it wouldn't have been undeserved if he had.

Onwards and upwards... UTR

31 minutes ago, Raich Van Carter said:

Bogle back to his best. Bielik starting to look the player we hoped he was. Lawrence has an ‘on’ day - long may it continue. No duffers - all played well. 

Boro organised and hard to breakdown. They don’t concede many - we did well. 

Side looked much more balanced. Square pegs in square holes... Hope Cocu stays with this system for Florest...

From what Cocu said on Radio Derby it was more a change to suit playing against Boro or similar set-ups rather than a permanent switch. Fingers crossed though?

50 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

I don’t want to put a dampener on things but Boro were useless even more useless with 10 men. 

And then you do ....

historically we do not fair well against 10 men ( apart from THAT match)

So I came home happy with how we played regardless.  Pleased it wasn’t only 1-0 as that would worry me a bit as they were poor , but 2-0 I’m satisfied. Have a bit more confidence going to the sh1tty ground next week COYR!!

15 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Better team.Deserved it. Not saying much, as they're abysmal.

If we'd held on at Barnsley, we'd be 5 points off the top.

Rooney in January, a bit of wheeling and dealing...who knows?

Am I convincing anyone?

Me!

Can I take off these rose coloured glasses now por favor!

25 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Better team.Deserved it. Not saying much, as they're abysmal.

If we'd held on at Barnsley, we'd be 5 points off the top.

Rooney in January, a bit of wheeling and dealing...who knows?

Am I convincing anyone?

You're more convincing than their manager, apparently, they had a few good chances and it was only the sending off which decided it. 

Their only shot on target was the one we gave them in the first minute. 

And that's why Lawrence wasn't sacked.

A little hypocritical maybe, but to have ditched him would likely have cost us points between then and January, a point proven today.

If Lawrence wants to make amends that could really benefit us, and maybe finds consistent form as a result I won't knock it.  He didn't do a Luke McCormack and kill anyone, and the only injury was someone complicit by stupidity, so lets be thankful it wasn't worse and draw a line under it.  Lawrence in the starting xi benefits us.

First game since Birmingham I got back and was happy with how we played, couldn’t fault any of them.

Roos 7

Malone 7

Davies 7 

Clarke 8

Bogle 7

Beilek 8

holmes 7 

Shinnie 7

Lawrence  8

Marriott 7

martin 7 

Martin Marriott worked, all great effort 

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well, that was better. Enjoyed the game and my only plea is to ask a few more of the fans in West Stand Upper to applaud the win at the end of the game. You can do it while you're scuttling down the stairs if you want, but please do it! 

I always do. Me and the chap next to me are virtually the last to leave. Looked out for you but I since I don’t really know what you look like, it’s a bit of a challenge. Are you sat next to someone in a flat cap?

Archived