Boro (H) Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boro's LB is positioning himself very well. He's forcing Bogle to come inside onto his left foot so we're getting little productive out of him at the moment. 

Lawrence works it to Bogle brilliant in tons of space on the right. He pulls it back to martin who skies his first time shot. Really great chance. Should be at least hitting the target there.

11 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Boro forum is interesting,views ranging from us being their for the taking and Nigel Pearson being the man to save them.

You made me look, it's quite funny. Guess which ex Derby and Middlesbrough player thay are talking about here?

"He's doing rubbish at Leeds now, and has become a serial cheat."

"So he's fitting in nicely, then?"

Martin gets fouled. Plays a quick FK to put Marriott in behind. Ref calls it back.

Not sure why. Ball wasn't moving, and the ref didn't need to speak to anyone. Odd decision. 

Bielik with a great challenge and pass to Marriott to launch an attack. Marriott doesn't seem aware that Martin's on his right though, and looks only to the left. Still gets Malone in position to play it in, but Lawrence miscontrols the pull-back.

Need to sort out these final moments.

Just now, Van Gritters said:

What is the rule for quick free kicks?

Seems to be purely at the whim of a ref; unless its in direct FK territory in which case I believe you have to wait for a whistle. 

Evans getting ready to come on for Bielik; who I think is being taken off as a precaution, as he was slow to get up after a stretching sliding tackle. 

Marriott plays Holmes in behind, but he drags his shot wide. Got a little pull back, might've been able to go down there, but credit to him for not doing so.

Confirmed: Bielik off, Evans on. 

Superb game from Bielik, who has been great both on and off the ball.

I think Malone has done something very serious to himself there. Was running full tilt and then tried to adjst for a ball going behind him, but his plant leg got stuck. 

Either ACL or a dislocation, I reckon. 

Malone looks like he's going to try and run this off. Not sure that's a good idea. Credit to him but sometimes safe over sorry is how you should go. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I think Malone has done something very serious to himself there. Was running full tilt and then tried to adjst for a ball going behind him, but his plant leg got stuck. 

Either ACL or a dislocation, I reckon. 

Limp jogging around the pitch, probably not as serious as first looked 

Evans with a great ball up to Holmes; Marriott blasts past him but Holmes chooses to shoot as the defenders back up to cover the pass. Marriott angry, as it wasn't a goal but it was close - a 50/50 decision probably. 

Archived