Investment Close

LB_DCFC

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

I don't know why people think this investment will be in regards to buying players and paying wages. To me it's almost certainly in regards to expanding commercial revenue. 

How would we go about expanding commercial revenue - would that be stuff like using the stadium for other events, adding that shopping extension, etc? 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

How would we go about expanding commercial revenue - would that be stuff like using the stadium for other events, adding that shopping extension, etc? 

Yes.

Slap retractable roof on stadium

Multi-purpose venue for gigs, shows etc 

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Yes.

Slap retractable roof on stadium

Multi-purpose venue for gigs, shows etc 

But as things stand, none of that would affect the club's income?

4 hours ago, Uptherams said:

I don't know why people think this investment will be in regards to buying players and paying wages. To me it's almost certainly in regards to expanding commercial revenue. 

And on what basis do you think that ?

20 minutes ago, sage said:

Next summer we should be able to go again on the investment front after 2 sensible summers. 

We spent £7.5 million on one player this summer. Our wages are lower now, but i assume still a high percentage of our turnover. Havent we just basically blown the allowable loss for that year on one player?

15 minutes ago, GenBr said:

We spent £7.5 million on one player this summer. Our wages are lower now, but i assume still a high percentage of our turnover. Havent we just basically blown the allowable loss for that year on one player?

No because a transfer fee is not a loss. 

20 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

No because a transfer fee is not a loss. 

I'm not sure what Bielik's "fair value" will be at the end of this season. But right now it's no where near £10mn. I suspect we'll claim it is though. I think we could have got just as good a player for a tenth of the price if we had a good recruitment department. 

5 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Maybe buy some land so when we travellers come up by car, we can actually park. And before you say get public transport already looked into it, and its a non starter.

if you struggle with parking mate go to Chequers road, always seem to get a spot there n its only a 5 min walk to the stadium

You're talking about a man that has bought Wayne Rooney to Derby County on the back of loop holes and cunning deals with the sponsor that allowed him to achieve it. There's never been a bigger signing at this level before and that's down to one man, Mel Morris. 

Investment I can imagine would be used to improve the squad to some extent, but I trust whatever deals Mels doing will be for the best interests of the club. 

He's a genius. ?

2 hours ago, SK47 said:

You're talking about a man that has bought Wayne Rooney to Derby County on the back of loop holes and cunning deals with the sponsor that allowed him to achieve it. There's never been a bigger signing at this level before and that's down to one man, Mel Morris. 

Investment I can imagine would be used to improve the squad to some extent, but I trust whatever deals Mels doing will be for the best interests of the club. 

He's a genius. ?

His heart is in the right place.  And he has committed huge sums of money to Derby

But - however well intentioned - the vast majority hasn't been spent well and Derby have not been well managed in my view during his tenure (His investment in the academy has been excellent and I hope that aspect will pay off).  Right now, we're certainly worse off than the day before he took over. We've got a less good squad than we had then. We've more than tripled our wage bill.  And the football club no longer owns the Stadium (which might not matter now, but could should the football club be sold in the future but not the stadium as we lose a revenue stream).

Archived