Relegation or Rowett?

Jonesy90

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Norwich finished 14th in Daniel Farke's first season.  We're currently 15th. Unless we're on the brink of going down, any calls for Cocu's head at such an early stage are utterly stupid. We'd be starting all over again, yet again. Why haven't people learnt their ducking lesson?

Farke brought in decent signings and played his youngsters.  Cocu promised to play youngsters but all that has happened is the average age of the side is getting older (Davies, Martin, Paterson, Shinnie, Jozefzoon etc). We haven't won away from home in the league for nearly 2 1/2 months. If this continues we will not be as high as 15th.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Norwich finished 14th in Daniel Farke's first season.  We're currently 15th. Unless we're on the brink of going down, any calls for Cocu's head at such an early stage are utterly stupid. We'd be starting all over again, yet again. Why haven't people learnt their ducking lesson?

This all day, I despair that our fans think we have the right to be out playing teams week in week out. You have to have patience and build something. The best teams in our league have all built teams by sticking with their manager.

3 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Farke brought in decent signings and played his youngsters.  Cocu promised to play youngsters but all that has happened is the average age of the side is getting older (Davies, Martin, Paterson, Shinnie, Jozefzoon etc). We haven't won away from home in the league for nearly 2 1/2 months. If this continues we will not be as high as 15th.

If this continues, we will quite literally finish around 15th.

2 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

This all day, I despair that our fans think we have the right to be out playing teams week in week out. You have to have patience and build something. The best teams in our league have all built teams by sticking with their manager.

What are you on about, outplaying teams week in week out? We've lost 3-0 multiple times, that's not about us demand that we are outplaying, that's about not being regularly thrashed. 

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Yet another asymmetrical question.

You might as well as 'Ice cream or leprosy?'

Leprosy, as long as I get to live on Spinalonga, with a guarantee of no WiFi during Derby games.

I'd give my right hand for that.

37 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

We never do. Hence being in the same place before all the manager changes. Can we for once put the onus on the players?

All this off the field crap has done us no favours at all.

13 minutes ago, superzak said:

we needed a warnock / Dyche type manager to get  us out of the championship after frank and then a Cocu type to keep us in the Prem .I have my doubts that Cocu will ever get us in the prem with his style of play.

So as soon as we get a manager who takes us into the PL we sack him and appoint someone else? Many of our problems stem from having too many managers who unfortunately Mel has indulged with expensive signings so have ended up with a mish-mash squad with no clear identity.

Cocu has been appointed on a 4 year contract and whether we like it or not, he and his backroom staff would be extremely costly to replace. I'd be amazed if he isn't given at least 2 seasons to mould a squad capable of implementing the playing system he wants the side to follow. It's patently obvious that a significant number of the squad aren't good enough to evolve so the next couple of transfer windows will be very interesting.

3 hours ago, Jonesy90 said:

Have Derby got the bottle to stick by Cocu as he builds but takes the club on a downward trajectory?

This smells of a season of huge disappointment and the lack of quality, unfortunate injury record and off-the-field events are confirming this suspicion.

The question is, will impatience in the face of an impending investment in the club mean Derby act sooner rather than later? Rowett would be the go-to manager - Derby would just have to swallow some pride and footballing quality to make the decision.

I sense tension mounting...

It’s alreyt, Rooney’s on his way

Archived