If Lawrence and Bennett play......?

oldtimeram

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Agree, if they tried to enter some defence along those lines i would be shocked . If they actually got away with it because of some loophole i would be disgusted in a system that allows the rich to do so.

I think they will plead guilty as a not guilty plea will probably see a greater punishment.

Erm…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Freeman

Sith Happens
Just now, atherstoneram said:

I also assume the police will have obtained CCTV footage from the pub relating to matters leading up to the accident taking place, how were they acting in the pub/car park prior to driving away etc

To be honest i really don't think it would be relevant.

It would not prove anything unless if course some crime was committed while there.

The only thing it may prove is if indeed there is a claim Keogh was unconscious when put into the car.

The only relevant information relating to how drunk they were will be from the tests carried out on them.

CCTV may be useful if it exists showing them driving in a reckless manner.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

To be honest i really don't think it would be relevant.

It would not prove anything unless if course some crime was committed while there.

The only thing it may prove is if indeed there is a claim Keogh was unconscious when put into the car.

The only relevant information relating to how drunk they were will be from the tests carried out on them.

CCTV may be useful if it exists showing them driving in a reckless manner.

May or may not be relevant but i imagine the police would have pulled it to try and build a pre accident picture up, may show they were unsteady on their feet in the car park, driving away at speed etc,as you said may have shown what state Keogh was in

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, atherstoneram said:

May or may not be relevant but i imagine the police would have pulled it to try and build a pre accident picture up, may show they were unsteady on their feet in the car park, driving away at speed etc,as you said may have shown what state Keogh was in

Yeah but imagine they were investigating Tom Huddlestone

They are watching the video and one of them says, just look at him, hes moving slow and ponderous around the car park,  must be pissed.

The other one says. Erm yeah but...

Just now, Paul71 said:

Yeah but imagine they were investigating Tom Huddlestone

They are watching the video and one of them says, just look at him, hes moving slow and ponderous around the car park,  must be pissed.

The other one says. Erm yeah but...

But the landlord would have confirmed ,no he's not pissed that's how he normally moves in fact he's moving a bit faster there

50 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

They will have been advised by their legal teams to make no comment of the events of the night, there may be far more into the circumstances of what is public so far , they are not going to admit their guilt at this point but i imagine they will to the magistrates and as for that old chestnut of intoximeter machines not being calibrated properly that's why Two readings are taken, One at the scene and One at the police station. Don't talk cobblers and try to defend their guilt it doesn't wash.

I haven't seen anywhere in the media they are suing the police / press for wrong reporting of the facts

By the way claiming your drink has been spiked is not a defence

Woah...calm down.

I have at no point said that I think these things are true, just that if I was their lawyer I would be looking into those things....

3 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Woah...calm down.

I have at no point said that I think these things are true, just that if I was their lawyer I would be looking into those things....

Sorry, didn't mean any offence. They got caught drink driving and should accept the consequences

No doubt their lawyers will have looked / be looking at how best they can represent their clients as any lawyer would, as if 

What a tough stance to take against them. They get dropped for one game and they're immediately back. Absolute joke. The team the other day played fine anyway, not at all fair to drop Florian off the back of a decent game for that twit.

Very sad day , these two brought shame on Derby county but Derby county have now eclipsed that and brought far more shame on ourselves by picking them in the squad and the team ,,, have never questioned mels actions since buying us till now , 

Archived