If Lawrence and Bennett play......?

oldtimeram

Absolute disgrace, lost all respect for Morris and Cocu. What signal does it send to the other players ? 

And why is Lawrence even selected on footballing grounds anyhow, he’s an absolute liability ! 

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, David said:

Does not playing a player punish the player or the manager? 

I just don't see how not selecting a player for x number of games is a punishment for the individual, have the weekend off lad, put your feet up. 

His club punishment will come in fines and required to do more work in the community.

He's getting paid either way and he wants to play again.

Nonetheless, it's not about punishment. This will be even worse for his return to the side because he's cutting a dreadful figure out there and he's getting obscene amounts of abuse from both sets of fans

If we want to rehabilitate him, he needs to not be in the side. From a purely footballing perspective, I can't say that we'll miss him.

I’m sure doing more work in the community is really going to change Bennett’s outlook on things, when he was at a drink driving event less than 48 hours before the crash. It will probably go over both of their heads and will forget about it the next day. That will accomplish nothing. 

35 minutes ago, GadFly said:

How is it the first step in showing remorse? I don't see how football has ANYTHING to do with their potential crimes? 

What does playing well, training hard, football in general, have to do with endangering my life, and showing remorse for it? 

If football has nothing to do with their crime, why should they be excluded?

Sith Happens
12 minutes ago, David said:

I just don't see how not selecting a player for x number of games is a punishment for the individual, have the weekend off lad, put your feet up. 

His club punishment will come in fines and required to do more work in the community.

The only way for them both to apologise to the fans is with performances on the pitch.

At least you didn't leave the regards mel at the bottom. 

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

He's getting paid either way and he wants to play again.

Nonetheless, it's not about punishment. This will be even worse for his return to the side because he's cutting a dreadful figure out there and he's getting obscene amounts of abuse from both sets of fans

If we want to rehabilitate him, he needs to not be in the side. From a purely footballing perspective, I can't say that we'll miss him.

Exactly, we're paying Keogh who won't play for 15 months, we would also be paying for Lawrence and Bennett and not be getting any use out of them either if we excluded them. 3 players, decent money which the club is seeing nothing in return.

The abuse he receives would be the same after missing 1 game or 10, some hold the belief he should never wear the shirt again so tonight or next year wouldn't make any difference.

Rehabilitation will be done behind the scenes, which us fans will not be privy to, Cocu will have been with working with him and clearly feels he is ready, he will know these players personally, more than any of us.

Really tricky situation for the club, don't envy the position they are in with this at all as no matter what they do it has the potential to alienate some fans.

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

At least you didn't leave the regards mel at the bottom. 

Pathetic response, all my opinions are my own and I will not hide from putting them forward in fear of replies such as this.

1 minute ago, reverendo de duivel said:

It's called not biting the hand that feeds you, I believe.

And another, pretty disappointing coming from you Revil. Disagree with me fine, I can accept that, but my opinions are not exactly unique and not shared by other fans. 

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

If football has nothing to do with their crime, why should they be excluded?

Please show me where I said that they should be excluded. I'm not arguing one way or another on that question.

What I'm saying is that them playing well for Derby County does not make amends or show remorse for endangering the lives of the people in the area where they crashed. 

Why leave them out on Saturday and pick them today? if football DOES have something to do with their crime, is dropping them for one game the punishment that the club is dishing out? 

5 minutes ago, David said:

Exactly, we're paying Keogh who won't play for 15 months, we would also be paying for Lawrence and Bennett and not be getting any use out of them either if we excluded them. 3 players, decent money which the club is seeing nothing in return.

The abuse he receives would be the same after missing 1 game or 10, some hold the belief he should never wear the shirt again so tonight or next year wouldn't make any difference.

Rehabilitation will be done behind the scenes, which us fans will not be privy to, Cocu will have been with working with him and clearly feels he is ready, he will know these players personally, more than any of us.

Really tricky situation for the club, don't envy the position they are in with this at all as no matter what they do it has the potential to alienate some fans.

What sort of rehabilitation will be issued do you think? I can’t think of any that would be sufficient in these circumstances. Baring in mind Bennett was at a drink driving course less than 48 hours before the crash, it’s like he didn’t care and that course went over his head.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, David said:

Pathetic response, all my opinions are my own and I will not hide from putting them forward in fear of replies such as this.

Im pretty disappointed in such a vicious response. I know you won't know how all members of your forum post but i have never suggested you have any bias to Derby county or mel morris views, i dont agree with your post but if my response was anything more than tongue in cheek i would have responded with a angry emoji and a proper response, next time i respond i will make sure i throw a smiley face in

Just now, Sexydadbod said:

What sort of rehabilitation will be issued do you think? I can’t think of any that would be sufficient in these circumstances. Baring in mind Bennett was at a drink driving course less than 48 hours before the crash, it’s like he didn’t care and that course went over his head.

I honestly don't know, like you I don't see any form of punishment that would see support from the entire fanbase as being sufficient.

As I posted a couple of days ago, had times of been different and there wasn't the money invested into players and FFP I'm sure they would have been shown the door, but even then they will resume their careers elsewhere.

They say time is a healer, I'm not sure anything would heal the feeling towards these players even time, but despite questioning who is being punished by excluding them from the team, I am surprised they are back so soon, Cocu obviously feels this is the right time and not knowing the players personally or spent any time with them I find it hard to put up any argument against it.

28 minutes ago, David said:

The only way for them both to apologise to the fans is with performances on the pitch.

That's like saying I know fred west killed folk but it wa a good builder so I'll get him in ta do mi a patio...

8 minutes ago, David said:

And another, pretty disappointing coming from you Revil. Disagree with me fine, I can accept that, but my opinions are not exactly unique and not shared by other fans. 

Sorry, I know it's mean but I've not seen you diverge from the corporate line for quite some time imo.

Your opinions on this matter are far from unique, but I'd wager they would fall into the minority camp amongst the forum members on this issue, and as the forum owner I feel sometimes you like to guide our opinions towards the outcome that suits your position rather than take a neutral stance.

Btw, how on earth do you get injured scoring a pen?

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Im pretty disappointed in such a vicious response. I know you won't know how all members of your forum post but i have never suggested you have any bias to Derby county or mel morris views, i dont agree with your post but if my response was anything more than tongue in cheek i would have responded with a angry emoji and a proper response, next time i respond i will make sure i throw a smiley face in

After 10 years of working my arse off and been through with this forum I find the accusations pretty disrespectful, clearly from another members follow up to your post I'm not the only one to miss your tongue in cheek. If it was I truly apologise, but being a PR machine for Mel has been a long standing accusation I face and one that I will strongly stand my ground against every time, and have to as it was made clear at the time I must not act as an employee of the club or speak on behalf of them, it's written in the contract.

1 minute ago, David said:

After 10 years of working my arse off and been through with this forum I find the accusations pretty disrespectful, clearly from another members follow up to your post I'm not the only one to miss your tongue in cheek. If it was I truly apologise, but being a PR machine for Mel has been a long standing accusation I face and one that I will strongly stand my ground against every time, and have to as it was made clear at the time I must not act as an employee of the club or speak on behalf of them, it's written in the contract.

Dave if ya do see mel tell him I want mi money back mi owd

Archived