If Lawrence and Bennett play......?

oldtimeram

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should have been omitted until after the international break but IMHO, DCFC may be aiming to be seen as to not to pre-judge the court cases.

Tom Lawrence: a liability, on and off the pitch; has produced little this season and has a shocking disciplinary record - but DCFC have challenged him to deliver, to get on with his football and contribute.

Mason Bennett: precocious teenager, but a wayward junior who has subsequently had seven years of careful support from the club - and given his chance under the previous manager. Patchy contribution however you judge, even accounting for Goal of the Season. The jury is *still* out (LOL) as to whether he is actually going to make the grade at this level.

Boy, do those individuals need to get their heads down (and not into a urinal) and produce their best from now on!

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

How does Morris get the blame for this?

He's been slagged off previously for interfering in team matters and needs to leave the footballing decisions to the manager.

This is hardly an ordinary situation though is it? We’re talking about 2 people under criminal investigation here, who should be suspended while proceedings go on. It’s not the managers job to do that, it’s the man at the top. Cocu naturally gets blame for picking them, but they shouldn’t even be available for selection in the first place.

8 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Right so if I vocally express my distaste at the fact a club employee has endangered the lives of myself and anyone else I know that uses the roads in the area, that means I can't call myself a supporter of their employers? 

Spot on

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

This is hardly an ordinary situation though is it? We’re talking about 2 people under criminal investigation here, who should be suspended while proceedings go on. It’s not the managers job to do that, it’s the man at the top. Cocu naturally gets blame for picking them, but they shouldn’t even be available for selection in the first place.

Unless they are not being paid, they should be earning their wedge. People I work with have been banned from driving for drink driving and not once did the company tell them to stay at home on full pay.

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

No but he can veto it.. This isn’t a firm issue, it’s a club issue..

It's quite simple. 

The club tell Cocu those players aren't available due to off pitch matters, and won't be until they've faced the courts.

I'm normally live and let live, but this decision is so wrongheaded it's contemptible.

3 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Unless they are not being paid, they should be earning their wedge. People I work with have been banned from driving for drink driving and not once did the company tell them to stay at home on full pay.

and I know people who have lost their jobs over it. 

3 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

Almost hope we lose tonight or at the very least the fans boo the hell out of Lawrence and Bennett. I suspect it’s already been laughed off in the squad so they need to know it’s not ok. Some things are beyond football.

What a ridiculous statement. 

Archived