If Lawrence and Bennett play......?

oldtimeram

Disgusted by this. Club won't let you bring a Pepsi into the ground, but the punishment for drink driving is one game out and then back into the starting line up? DCFC is rapidly becoming the joke of English football. Why can't we just be in the news for footballing reasons for a change?

Lost a helluva lot of respect for Cocu and Morris tonight. Felt sorry for Cocu being dealt the hand he has but then he allows them back into the squad?

We are rapidly becoming a laughing stock, and a shambles.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Danelaw Rams said:

What a ridiculous statement. 

Would you be saying the same if one of your relatives were killed by them? It’s only by sheer luck they didn’t kill anyone. Go ask anyone who has lost someone to drink drinking and I bet they’d say the same.

20 minutes ago, GadFly said:

In what way is training hard and playing well for Derby county making amends for endangering the life of road users in the area, many of whom probably don't give the slightest duck about the club?

I didn't say that training hard and playing for Derby County will make amends for their actions on that night. It is the first step in the process to begin to show any kind of remorse. If and when they are found guilty, they will face the consequences for their actions. 

Unbelievable.  Not once did i entertain the thought that they would play before the court appearance.  Shocked and disappointed.

One thing seems clear though, the opinions of a vast majority of the fans means zero to the club

3 minutes ago, Derbytom said:

I didn't say that training hard and playing for Derby County will make amends for their actions on that night. It is the first step in the process to begin to show any kind of remorse. If and when they are found guilty, they will face the consequences for their actions. 

How is it the first step in showing remorse? I don't see how football has ANYTHING to do with their potential crimes? 

What does playing well, training hard, football in general, have to do with endangering my life, and showing remorse for it? 

3 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

I wouldn't complain if that was the case: fast, dangerous and no regard for his own safety! 

He looks at his feet instead of his surroundings. Gets forward well but always ends in dissatisfaction 

4 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

Would you be saying the same if one of your relatives were killed by them? It’s only by sheer luck they didn’t kill anyone. Go ask anyone who has lost someone to drink drinking and I bet they’d say the same.

Your a complete reactionary pal ! And want to create an even worse situation than it already is. Its being dealt with by the club and the court of law.

4 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Perhaps you should suggest we all support the opposition?

About 20 years ago, a work colleague was hit head-on by a drunk-driver when he was only 30. He's been in a wheelchair since and basically lives the life of a paralysed 2 year-old.

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

About 20 years ago, a work colleague was hit head-on by a drunk-driver when he was only 30. He's been in a wheelchair since and basically lives the life of a paralysed 2 year-old.

That’s really terrible

6 minutes ago, Danelaw Rams said:

Your a complete reactionary pal ! And want to create an even worse situation than it already is. Its being dealt with by the club and the court of law.

I’ll support players who are worthy of support. If after the court date they play, I will slowly come to terms with it but I will not support them. Lawrence and Bennett don’t deserve to play because they aren’t good enough, the off the field stuff tops it

Just had a look back at the last 4 high profile Drink driving footballer cases.

2019 - Drinkwater - fine and wasn't playing anyway

2018 - Hugo Loris - fined and played next game

2017 - Rooney - fined two weeks wages and played next game

2016 - Yaya Toure - fined one weeks wages and played next game

As with any club Derby will look at similar situations in order to work out their own position.  I don't agree with the punishments in any of those situations but it goes to show it isn't just Derby that make poor decisions. Everton, Spurs and Man City too.

Some will argue that those other players didnt injure anyone in a crash but regardless their acts were equally reckless and had the potential to end in the same way. I'm disappointed but on reading this I'm not surprised. 

Does not playing a player punish the player or the manager? 

I just don't see how not selecting a player for x number of games is a punishment for the individual, have the weekend off lad, put your feet up. 

His club punishment will come in fines and required to do more work in the community.

The only way for them both to apologise to the fans is with performances on the pitch.

Archived