If Lawrence and Bennett play......?

oldtimeram

27 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

A tactical move to avoid uncomfortable moments in press conferences? That's spineless beyond belief.

uncomfortable? Maybe. I would've said that it would become more of a distraction. A bit like the never ending Newcastle questions to Steve McClaren.

But it's been removed now, and whether they get picked again before the case goes to court is up in the air, but the freedom to just crack on with football now exists.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

First off, I negated to put "If they are found guilty", so apologies for my omission.

It "appears" that the club have either "Allowed them some time off to get over the event" (A few day's training, and one match), or at the very sternest, unofficially suspended them for one game.

I take it you would therefore prefer the judge to either find them not guilty, or at least allow them to go unpunished?

Of course not. If they are guilty let the judge decide their punishment but why do you by the sounds of it want the hanging judge.

2 hours ago, AbuDerbyDave said:

Of course not. If they are guilty let the judge decide their punishment but why do you by the sounds of it want the hanging judge.

Less lenient than a one game "ban" (I use that term loosely!) and a couple of days off training (if indeed they had a couple of days off?) = "Hanging Judge"?

Wow!  No middle ground with you, is there!

21 hours ago, David said:

You are insinuating my opinions are not my own and being paid for, that is something I take very seriously and I can tell you now that I would not take legal action, but I would remove you from the forum if you continued to make these insinuations. 

If you want to question by integrity, do it elsewhere but I'm not going to sit back and accept it on here. Same applies to any other member.

Apologies David, for my posts last night

I said some things that were not right

You've grown up, dropped the E and O

I post like I've dropped an E, and Oh!

What a twit the forum say

Don't let him post another day

His views are wrong, he's such a tit

What's worse, his poetry is poo.

Too late I've come to realise 

I don't see through other people's eyes

Live with sin, yet cast my stones

While watching others camera phones.

I'll leave it at this final thought

When pressures high and feelings fraught

A pause, is often needed most,

When you're drunk, don't hit post.

It's all very well us all having our own opinions on what measures should be taken with regard this unfortunate incident to which I respect everyone view. However the management and Mel have ultimately got to do what is in the interest of the long term future of the club.

My biggest disappointment is in the fact that these alledgely professional sportsmen who presumably are aspiring to be the best ,fittest they can have such little interest in improving  themselves choose to get so pissed,and presumably expect to get selected .Showing no responsibility to the club,respect to the fans or anybody else let alone members of the public that could have been endangered

On 01/10/2019 at 11:51, Mostyn6 said:

If I couldn't muster up the rage to boo Robbie Savage, I doubt I'll manage to for Keogh, Lawrence or Bennett.

Keogh - for all his silly decisions over the years, has always been committed and dedicated, and until now, appeared to conduct himself professionally.

Lawrence - most talented player Derby own, and could/should be dominating this division, clearly his head isn't right, we need to coax out the football genius and see his true capability.

Bennett - massive handful and does make things happen, sadly the goals/assists don't back up the trouble he causes the opposition, but with his strength, power, pace and decent technique, like Lawrence, has the potential to be a force at this level.

Lawrence is an arrogant ****** who doesn’t give a crap about the club. Hence his behaviour on and off the pitch . Sooner he’s gone the better. 

55 minutes ago, Popular side said:

Lawrence is an arrogant ****** who doesn’t give a crap about the club. Hence his behaviour on and off the pitch . Sooner he’s gone the better. 

I imagine you used to slag Tom Ince off for not smiling too! 

Archived