Graeme Shinnie

EraniosSocks

4 hours ago, cannable said:

The only thing Shinnie and Bryson have in common is that they work hard and they’re Scottish. 

Off the ball, Shinnie’s like Kante, nipping here there and everywhere winning the ball. 

The problem probably stems from the stat that his passing accuracy is in the sixties and we want to play football through the thirds.

Huddlestone’s is only higher as every ball is backwards or sideways. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I think ******* is another 'nothing' player. If he played every game, he'll get a solid 5/6 every game. Little quality, plenty of effort bumps the score up though.

Replace the asterisks with many of our midfield, why do we see them but not Shinnie? I don't see why he hasn't had a chance.

7 hours ago, angieram said:

Cocu quoted that Huddlestone was "excellent" on Saturday. It's not going to happen. ?

Huddlestone did play well enough ( once Bielik was not in his space) but the team most certainly doesn’t play well enough often enough with him in the team = conundrum 

25 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Huddlestone did play well enough ( once Bielik was not in his space) but the team most certainly doesn’t play well enough often enough with him in the team = conundrum 

Bigger problem is, in my opinion, that the team looks like it has an anchor chained to it's leg in the shame of the immobile Huddlestone, and Cocu thus far has been unwilling to the point of stubbornness to have a look at the team without him to see what it could be. It may turn out we're worse (Can't imagine it but it's possible), but when every player has been dropped or rotated at some point but him there's one common denominator.

Given our total lack of any decent midfield options, it shows shinnie really is unlikely to have a future under cocu when he’s not been given a sniff of a chance. Be interesting to know why.... I mean he’s looked pretty rank poo in every game I’ve seen him play in pre season, but you can’t think that’s always representative of a player. Nor a reason not to try them when everyone else is playing so poor. Have to think there’s something else in play.

I really thought that with Shinnie's ability to play CM or LB would have made him popular with Cocu and his tactics. I like the idea of having him and Holmes as the two CM's in front of Bielik as they can all play multiple positions, which would allow for a more free flowing style of play. 

Bielik would be able to drop into a back three to cover the forward runs of Bogle and Lowe, and if we lose possession high up the pitch both Shinnie and Holmes would be able to cover the space vacated by the fullbacks should the opposition overload a counter-attack down a particular flank. 

It seems that Cocu is very careful about integrating a new player in the first-team (re: injuries, match-fitness), perhaps there's some truth in him saying that him and Shinnie are still getting used to each other's methods in training. That said, the weight of responsibility is on the shoulders of Shinnie to impress the manager and force his way into this midfield. 

Too Zoon for Shinnie............did you see what I did there?..........crikey imagine if we had 2 Zoon's.

Graeme Shinnie will get his chance in the team, but like Chris Martin he will have to work harder in training, do more when selected in the U23's and when he gets his chance, like Chris Martin has, he has to produce to stay in the squad.

Philip Cocu just like Frank Lampard did last season has mentioned the importance of the squad and players getting the chance when players are injured or don't perform.

Up to Graeme Shinnie and others not in the current squad to work harder to get in to it, and then to work even harder to stay in it.

Plus drinking the iron brew before taking the car for a spin, might also help him get into the squad.

Here's Graeme Shinnie on the search for Iron Brew around Derby, another reason why he maybe struggling!

On 24/09/2019 at 11:17, Raich Van Carter said:

Ohh, I like this game! 

Carbonari - the next Stimac

Bieklik - the next Stimac

I think Ronaldo (fat vs current) could be an exception but that's more of name thing than a 'second' thing - as you were...

Looks like Lawrence is the new Bob Malcolm

Got to say I feel a bit sorry for Shinnie. Brought in by Lampard, probably expecting to be trained by Lampard and as such have a place in the team or at least on the bench. However it would appear at the moment he doesn't fit in with Cocu's plans. Yet another player brought in by a previous manager who is sidelined. Just hope he's training and trying hard and will be given a chance.

You would assume that with Keogh out, Bielik likely dropping into CB (at least for some games), and Evans also out for a while we might be seeing a bit more of Shinnie if Cocu wants to go with the 2 DM system he's been using so far

• 2 weeks later...

Great call by the OP here. Shinnie was absolutely magnificent today in that slightly more advanced CDM role, brought so much energy and desire. Couldn’t have seen it coming myself from his poor performances previously, but he really took his chance today. Got it spot on that he’d parter Bielik well too- both of them looked imperious today and stopped Luton cutting through us. Still think both together is a little negative at home myself, but for tough away games especially they look a good partnership.

Archived