Graeme Shinnie

EraniosSocks

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Sorry if this has been started as a topic already, but is he involved at the moment in any of the Derby setups.

When Bryson left, I really thought Shinnie would be Bryson Mark 2. Still hope he will have a run in this team partnering Bielik 

I thought he’d be Bryson mark 2 as well. But isn’t it funny how that never works out?

I can’t  think of a single player - or even a sportsman - who, when they retired, completed their entire career as the second ‘X’, without being remembered as completely being their own person.

Robinho the next Pele? Pathetic.

Eubank junior the new Eubank? Pah!

The only example I can think of in the entire history of sport is Vettel and Michael Schumacher. They are as close to the same ‘type’ as you’ll ever get.

Sorry, what were we talking about again?

Ah yes. Shinnie. You know when he joined, I thought he might be the next Bryson. Thing is about athletes proclaimed to the the second ‘X’ is...

2 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

We've not really seen him so difficult to say. And we have no idea if he likes haggis and Jagger either

He definitely cant get no satisfaction at the moment.

6 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I think Cocu’s persistence with Huddlestone and the signing of Bielik indicates how he wants his holding midfielders to play. I don’t think Shinnie is in that mould. 

Luckily, only a free transfer. I’m sure he’ll be out on loan in January? 

Really hope Cocu sees that persisting with Huddlestone is not the way forward and ships him out in January.

I think he is partly a victim of collateral damage. In bigger picture strategy is to give youngsters a chance and Knight seem to be the one who is closest to the breakthrough. Sibley and Bird must be close as well. So basically, we can also be partly glad about his nonappearance.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him back in Scotland pretty soon.

Really feel sorry for him, he's uprooted his family (including newborn baby) from Aberdeen to be nowhere near the starting 11. If I was him I'd be fuming.

It was a strange signing. Scottish freebie always risked being just a squad player.

however it is impossible not to feel sorry for him. He seems to be behind every other midfielder in the pecking order.

personally i'd try him in a more advanced midfield role. Maybe left side of a diamond? 

2 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I think Cocu’s persistence with Huddlestone and the signing of Bielik indicates how he wants his holding midfielders to play. I don’t think Shinnie is in that mould. 

Luckily, only a free transfer. I’m sure he’ll be out on loan in January? 

He likes a defensive midfielder that can't defend. 

The only thing Shinnie and Bryson have in common is that they work hard and they’re Scottish. 

Off the ball, Shinnie’s like Kante, nipping here there and everywhere winning the ball. 

The problem probably stems from the stat that his passing accuracy is in the sixties and we want to play football through the thirds.

5 minutes ago, cannable said:

The only thing Shinnie and Bryson have in common is that they work hard and they’re Scottish. 

Off the ball, Shinnie’s like Kante, nipping here there and everywhere winning the ball. 

The problem probably stems from the stat that his passing accuracy is in the sixties and we want to play football through the thirds.

The argument would be that theres no good having a 9 passes in 10 reach their target if the target is pointless or if to achieve such accuracy you plod around the pitch late for every header, loose ball and challenge. 

Only seen Shinnie play twice. I thought he looked ok. 

I've seen Dowell and Huddlestone more and they don't look ok imo.

This one is really hard. He’s had little chance to show what he can do. The Aberdeen vibe seemed to indicate he was a fighter and a terrier, something that while Holmes was out we seemed to miss. While Sibley and Knight develop and Sibley is a bit too wild at the moment, I’d have thought we would have seen more of him even on bench. 

Seems very strange to me, maybe there is something going off behind the scenes and there has been a disagreement between him and Cocu, or maybe he has settled in poorly and looked low on confidence in training.  I would like to see him ,Martin and Paterson given a proper chance in the team , Huddlestone hasn't been performing and Evans is injured so you would think he would get a chance. If he is completely out of the picture he will probably leave in January..

3 hours ago, Duracell said:

I can’t  think of a single player - or even a sportsman - who, when they retired, completed their entire career as the second ‘X’, without being remembered as completely being their own person.

Robinho the next Pele? Pathetic.

Eubank junior the new Eubank? Pah!

Ohh, I like this game! 

Carbonari - the next Stimac

Bieklik - the next Stimac

I think Ronaldo (fat vs current) could be an exception but that's more of name thing than a 'second' thing - as you were...

Archived