Best and Worst Ram loan signings

SK47

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hard to pick the best. Osman and Bueno made a real difference when one needed to be made. Bueno is plying his trade in Portugal now - having not had the best of times with injury etc recently. It was a shame that NC didn't keep him. Last season's trio were probably the most talented. I'd also want a mention for Jordan Ibe who looked quality and improved us too.

Failures aplenty. In addition to those listed, I'd add perpetual loanee Andrew Davies. Whilst he looked ok at time, he made some McEverley esque blunders and like Jay got sent off a few times during his short time with us.

4 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

Best , Mount 

Worst , how can anyone be worse than Effe Ambrose ? 

He wasn't a loan was he?

he was out of contract i think.

9 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

Was Laurent Robert a loan ? 

Also for the older readers Jeff Blockley 

Robert was a loan, but think there was a loan fee.

Osman, Thorne were the best. Mount,Bueno and Kuqi. Mention for Taribo West and Callaghan loan back from Villa.  loads of bad ones but there's often a reason someone is offered for loan unless there a youngster.  Probably the same for most teams.

On 23/09/2019 at 08:32, Anon said:

I remember reading an article about his Ramadan fasting at the time. I I also distinctly remember thinking that whilst that explained why he looked knackered in April, it didn't explain his poor form from September to March.

I was chatting to Rob Hulse who confirmed Ellington wasnt the same when he started fasting.

Archived