Best and Worst Ram loan signings

SK47

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Roots Manuva said:

seem to remember us hitting a purple patch around the time we had Commons, Bueno, Kuqi and i'm sure we had Luke Moore? in the team around that time too..

From memory Kuqi went back and Luke Moore was loaned as a replacement but was nowhere near as effective?

On 25/09/2019 at 11:53, sage said:

So Ince was better than Tomori, Mount and Wilson?

Gadzooks!

You could argue the case that he was as good as, or better than, Wilson, simply because they're very similar players with similar goalscoring records for us. And I'm a Wilson apologist.

Ince's loan spell would have been remembered a lot more fondly if it hadn't coincided with the collapse of our season. I also think his time here after he signed permanently is underrated massively when you consider that he was our most important player for a couple of years.

20 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Did we loan Luke Moore? 

He was garbage. And Priskin

Oh god, now a list of Clough strikers are coming back to me. Funny how horrible most of them are but one of them is Chris Martin 

Theo, Theo, Theo ?

Gilles Sunu!!

Luke Moore scored a goal for us at Burnleh!

But was otherwise dreadful.

One of the worst was Danny Mills - crocked before he played a half, went back to Citeh and they refused to let us off any part of the loan fee - and so began a long and glittering history of paying a fortune for crocks who never play.........

?

12 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

You could argue the case that he was as good as, or better than, Wilson, simply because they're very similar players with similar goalscoring records for us. And I'm a Wilson apologist.

Ince's loan spell would have been remembered a lot more fondly if it hadn't coincided with the collapse of our season. I also think his time here after he signed permanently is underrated massively when you consider that he was our most important player for a couple of years.

right...I am setting @Coconut on you

19 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Was Dean Holdsworth a loanee or permanent - either way he was shocking.

He was assistant coach to Phil Brown or something like that. Phil decided to play him and yes he was awful.

But not a loanee.

Taribo West for me - a great watch when we were pretty dire. Honorables to Davison, Thorne, Wisdom, Ince, Osman and Kuqi

Kinky, Carbone, Wright, El Hamdaoui, Davies, Lupoli, Stead, Mears, Bannan, Ellington, Tonge, Cywka, Ward, Forsyth, Bent, Ibe, Winnall, Mount, Wilson, Tomori had moments in varying degrees

Rahmberg was a non-entity, Daino was trash, Chadwick was a waster, Bradbury was poor, Edwards substandard, Kaku was barely a football, likewise John, Jackson, Fadiga, Thome, Blackstock and Graham from that era, Whittingham was so far below what I expected (but I think that was just us), Eustace was lousy first time, Noble was out of his depth,  Livermore, Smith, Keane & Lingard didn't look anything like Premier League/international players,  Mascarell had one good game, Best was poor, de Sart was weak, Dowell has been dire. Further back the likes of Webster and Wilson were pretty bad. 

Ducroq, Mooney, Richie, Svensson, Caldwell, Dichio, Kennedy, Miller, Talbot, McIndoe. Lisbie, Currie, Mills, Ghaly, Kaźmierczak, Barazite, Hines, Tomkins, Pereplotkins, Sunu, Hunt, (Dave) Martin, Vaughan, Stoor, Hughes, Campbell, Johnson, Vidal, Dickov, Robinson, Ayala, Bueno, Moore, Kilbane, Priskin, (Chris) Martin, Whitbread, Lingard, Wilson (United), Palmer and , King, either didn't make an impact or were fairly average.

I refuse to comment on Bamford.

Archived