Best and Worst Ram loan signings

SK47

10 hours ago, EraniosSocks said:

Best Loans - Bueno, Osman, Mount Tomori, Wilson, Andrew Davies, Ayala 

Worst - Stern John, Leon Best, Danny Graham, Danny Mills 

Oh lord no. Andrew Davies was terrible. Ayala is a half decent player, but strolled around like he was a cut above everyone else and constantly played horrific chipped passes out of defence that put the receiving player under immense pressure.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best - Jon Stead - absolutely peripheral in us rising to the top of the table under Billy. Helped the shape and balance of the team. Losing him derailed our season and cost us automatic promotion. Massively underrated impact. 

Worst - Pereplotkins - totally out of of his depth as a professional footballer and couldn’t have been more of a ‘miss’ considering he was bought to be part of a promotion challenge. 

Best - Osman for saving us from League 1. Without his performances for that short period of time, we’d have been down. Mount last season was superb, £60 million player according to Klopp.

Worst - Stern John was horrible to watch. Blessing Kaku, blessing my rear end. Brad Jones, worst goalkeeper of the last 20 years. 

22 hours ago, Charlie George said:

Simon Webster hands down the worst ever loanee. Dreadful player.

The best for me would be a toss up between George Thorne and Leon Osman.

I don't think we saw the best of Webster because of his injury record he broke his leg badly playing for Sheff utd, then that thug Julian Dicks broke it in the same place in training. He was never the same player again after that. We were the last league club he played for.

Best

Mount, the guys an absolute monster!

My other choice would be Alberto Bueno, the team around him at the time was pretty poor (a bit like Osman!).

Worst

Far too many too mention all!

Perepļotkins has to be up there. Just never played!

Same for Ryan Noble...

James Wilson came with lots of hope but ended up crocked.

Best - Tom Ince for the sherr number of goals and assists, plus that clause allowing us to buy him incredibly cheaply.

Tomori, Mount and Wilson last year for obvious reasons. 

George Thorne as well. 

I have a soft spot for Paul Dickov and Shefki Kuqi. I didn't expect anything when they came in but I loved what theu brought to the team while they were here.

Worst  - Nicky Hunt, truely appalling right back. 

Saw someone mention Tamas Priskin earlier on. Thought he'd be great after he scored on his debut against West Ham but did f all after that. 

Leon Best has to be up there considering how much we were paying him. 

11 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Best - Tom Ince for the sherr number of goals and assists, plus that clause allowing us to buy him incredibly cheaply.

Tomori, Mount and Wilson last year for obvious reasons. 

George Thorne as well. 

I have a soft spot for Paul Dickov and Shefki Kuqi. I didn't expect anything when they came in but I loved what theu brought to the team while they were here.

Worst  - Nicky Hunt, truely appalling right back. 

Saw someone mention Tamas Priskin earlier on. Thought he'd be great after he scored on his debut against West Ham but did f all after that. 

Leon Best has to be up there considering how much we were paying him. 

So Ince was better than Tomori, Mount and Wilson?

Gadzooks!

2 hours ago, WHAT DO I GET said:

With Steve Powell playing! He would only be 14or15?

It would have been the old badge also?

☺️

Yes thinking about it your right, it was October 1970, bobby charlton did play in it but I think they wore a white kit, I think this is from a European cup night the famous game in Madrid in 1975, also found some more pics to back that up,

7A3403A4-37D5-41BE-BB44-F537CBE9DC9E.jpeg

5064B745-A0B4-4AFB-B7C1-A9BD7206A36B.jpeg

31 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Yes thinking about it your right, it was October 1970, bobby charlton did play in it but I think they wore a white kit, I think this is from a European cup night the famous game in Madrid in 1975, also found some more pics to back that up,

7A3403A4-37D5-41BE-BB44-F537CBE9DC9E.jpeg

5064B745-A0B4-4AFB-B7C1-A9BD7206A36B.jpeg

Yes didn't Dave M invite Charlton to consult for a while that season? That would make sense.

Archived