Leeds United (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Because our defenders are incapable of finding them with a pass. 

We are being pressed high, our midfielders are mixed in among the forward line of Leeds who give them no space.  The line is too far back, it's freaking obvious, but not to Cocu apparently.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Squid said:

Cant even blame Cocu for this.

Best team in league vs a team which in honesty is poo ...

Nowhere near the capabilities of what we had last year.

Its not the gaffers fault for flips sake

Of course it is - he picks the ducking team and tactics doesn’t he? He’s useless, absolutely useless.

We need to get a consensus here, are we hoofing it aimlessly or are we trying to play it out from the back?

Look, this is poo but lets at least criticise what's actually happening rather than making any old poo up

Sky criticising us for trying to play it out against the press but that's not the problem. The problem is we're not supporting each other out there. Players are completely isolated and not helping each other. No idea what's going on here.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

You watched the first 15 minutes of us playing it out from the back, right?

You mean us frequently passing it to their strikers because we're not good enough to play that way. Yes, I did. Fine, I'll rephrase. He has a plan, it's just a terrible one that is totally ineffective. 

I Can’t believe people are suggesting Martin. He’d get eaten alive in this kind of game pace and the way Leeds’ defenders get to the ball quickly. That would be even easier for kalvin Phillips to shield. Martin isn’t a bad player but this just isn’t the game for him when he’s trying to gather form and momentum. Just move Waghorn more centrally alongside Marriott and start from there 

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Anyone else getting frank de boer at palace premonitions?

this total Dutch football utopia doesn’t seem to work with sub standard players 

You raise a good point. The only Dutch manager who has worked well outside of Holland in more recent years is Ronald Koeman 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

How many kids have we got playing today?

If the remit of Cocu was to bring forward youth players and half our team was full of them then I would semi accept what I am seeing now 

But when he played kids against Forest the resident whingers were out in force again. 

Just now, Pottig said:

Cannot believe people are calling for Cocu to be sacked. And the merry goes round and round...

If some people on here had their way, we'd have had twice as many managers since Nigel Clough as we've actually had.

It's important to remember Leeds are one of the best pressing sides in the league, of course it's difficult to play out.

But if you can break the press, there will be space. Players need to be brave on the ball but have to back it up with quality.

At the minute we're doing one and not other

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You mean us frequently passing it to their strikers because we're not good enough to play that way. Yes, I did. Fine, I'll rephrase. He has a plan, it's just a terrible one that is totally ineffective. 

So we need to get better at it. These things don't happen over night. As an alternative, we could hoof it forward. Oh, hang on a sec...

Archived