Leeds United (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes but we are still seeing the same result with a side full of regular first teamers today

God help us if we had a smattering of youth players in the side today it would have been a cricket score by now 

Okay so should we be playing them or not? Not really sure what point you are making...

There was so many posters posting prior to 12.30 saying we’ll get drilled today, no chance of anything today, hope we can keep the score down, etc.  So Isn’t this what we expected today?

They are top of the league, we haven’t won for ages, are bang out of form and confidence is very low. I’m not surprised ? 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We signed Cocu to minimise disruption in style of play. We have a squad with a lot of players that finished in the top 6. I'm not saying we have to be in the playoffs, but our performances are shocking, our results are shocking, and there is little to no signs of improvement coming. Not sure why it's bold to ask questions about what's going on. We're getting mocked by the opposition who are telling us we're getting relegated.

How many games in are we? How much of a pre season did Cocu get? Did you see us under Lampard at the beginning of last season? Look where we ended up.

Just now, Andicis said:

We signed Cocu to minimise disruption in style of play. We have a squad with a lot of players that finished in the top 6. I'm not saying we have to be in the playoffs, but our performances are shocking, our results are shocking, and there is little to no signs of improvement coming. Not sure why it's bold to ask questions about what's going on. We're getting mocked by the opposition who are telling us we're getting relegated.

I want Cocu to succeed but I think the problem here is that the players simply are not of the level required to meet his expected style of play.  It's something I've often wondered about what would happen if you put a 'top' manager in an average side (how would Pep do at Burnley as a higher level example). The question them becomes how long do you let the manager try to bring the players to that level before the damage is already done?

Just now, Remy the hare said:

There was so many posters posting prior to 12.30 saying we’ll get drilled today, no chance of anything today, hope we can keep the score down, etc.  So Isn’t this what we expected today?

They are top of the league, we haven’t won for ages, are bang out of form and confidence is very low. I’m not surprised ? 

Seemingly, they must have assumed we'd lose 3 or 4-0 while playing well. 

8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Anyone else getting frank de boer at palace premonitions?

this attempt at a total Dutch football utopia doesn’t seem to work with sub standard players 

In what regard are we attempting Dutch total football other than our manager being Dutch? I mean Cocu spent most of his career at Barcelona playing nothing like a total football style. And we're not attempting that either.

At best, this is ignorant. At worst it's a lazy stereotyping job.

Our first foreign manager ever and we're trying to guess what style of football he'll play by his nationality despite plenty of football evidence to the contrary.

Lovely stuff.

Archived