Leeds United (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marriott gets the ball in space on the halfway line, and ok his pass is ducking awful and he has to do better - but no Derby player reacted by running forward.

Like everyone just assumed he'd get tackled and they didn't want to be out of position. 

Too many risks taken by the defenders. Not enough taken by the advanced midfield and forwards.

3 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

I want Cocu to succeed but I think the problem here is that the players simply are not of the level required to meet his expected style of play.  It's something I've often wondered about what would happen if you put a 'top' manager in an average side (how would Pep do at Burnley as a higher level example). The question them becomes how long do you let the manager try to bring the players to that level before the damage is already done?

Bielsa is a top manager and he manages to get the best out of his players.

7 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

We again do not actually have a midfield.  We have two advanced Centre backs (Bielek and Huddlestone) and a number 10 (holmes)

This is it. Bielik needs to step out further up the pitch and we need someone else to dominate the centre if we're to play through midfield. Who is that player? Is it what Rooney may come in to do? 

Meanwhile, a long ball over the top to Bamford, miles offside to the extent that Malone stopped which he shouldn't have done, but he was looking along the line and could see how far he was off. Lino kept his flag down. Happily the Bamford lobbed it over the bar. 

Archived