Leeds United (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

What stronger team could he pick? Shinnie? Dowell? Paterson? 

Not Huddelump or Jo Flo or Roos, don’t play with wingers (because they are all poo) it’s awful. 

It’s a tough one because the gulf in quality between us and Leeds is massive. We are so predictable, Roos to Keogh to Huddlestone to Keogh to Roos to a Leeds player. Huddlestone should be to one to get us up the pitch but time after time goes backwards. Waste of a shirt for me. Roos scares me half to death. It’s a work in progress and let’s be honest out of that starting 11 we probably would want to replace 5 maybe 6 of them. There’s more pain to come before the good times I’m afraid. 

Midfield is badly out of sorts, far too immobile and passive for this game with Leeds players buzzing around them shutting them down leaving our kamikaze back line with no options.

We need a Bryson style box to box midfielder in there who can support the attack and defence.

The only way to get back into this is to solve the midfield problem and with our only option being swapping Hudds for Knight which would be a huge ask for Knight in this game.

Bringing Dowell in would just be more of the same passive dross

3 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

We are awful but still in it.

We’re not ‘in it’ - we haven’t had a sniff and we won’t get one if Cocu doesn’t radically change tactics for the second half. Judging by his inaction during the first 45 minutes I won’t hold my breath.

How bizarre in a game we have been battered and deserve to be behind we are on the wrong end of bad officiating. 

Not saying leeds don't deserve the lead but the goal was offside.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We won 4/6 of our first games, we finished in the top 6, and we had our best season since McClaren in 13/14. It's not Lampard vs Cocu, but if it was, it's no question which one had the better start as manager. Take us back to getting banged at Brentford away. Oh wait.

Actually, last season we gained the second least points in that time window. Last season was enjoyable because of mostly cup moments, but we weren't good. It was somewhat saved by sneaking into 6th - and then having a great day against a Leeds team that had dominated us in the regular season.

We got more points than last season when we finished 8th in 2014-15; 6th in 2017-18; 5th in 2015-16. 

I get that people enjoyed it but we had an absolute ton of abysmal games - just go back and read through all the match threads. At least half of them talked about how useless and inexperienced Lampard is, at least 33% had a majority taking that tone. And seeing that we had 3 players who are all balling out in the premier league as we speak, surely we should have done far better than our second worst points haul since 2012-13?

If not; then without them our team is what? Mid-table at best. In which case getting dominated by Leeds today is probably reasonable. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

We won 4/6 of our first games, we finished in the top 6, and we had our best season since McClaren in 13/14. It's not Lampard vs Cocu, but if it was, it's no question which one had the better start as manager. Take us back to getting banged at Brentford away. Oh wait.

Yep, Lampard made a better start. Thanks for clarifying. He also had a centre back currently starting for Chelsea, a centre mid currently starting for Chelsea and playing for England, and a winger currently playing for Bournemouth scoring 3 goals in 5 games to start the season. You seem keen to not really take that into account which I don’t really understand as it is a massive factor.

Last seasons performance away at Leeds in the league was at very best equal to this. We also looked an embarrassment against Millwall, Rotherham, Bolton the list goes on. 

Maybe it’s the players? Oh no wait let’s sack a manager 8 games into a season where we need to rebuild so we can go through this whole dance all over again!!!!!

Well only 1 - 0 at half time, so I’m ok with that. We aren't Playing badly, we are just not good enough. And Leeds are good. So good they haven’t had to resort to dirty.

Apart from Jack Marriott on a few occasions we simply haven’t been able to get a grip on the game.

It would seem that we haven’t gone there to have a go at them, more to try and contain them. I don’t know how wise that is, unless it is because Leeds haven’t allowed us to attack them.

How about bringing Martin on and playing long balls to him and Marriott feeding off the lay-offs?

Archived