Just a small tear in my eye for that Chris Martin sub

TuffLuff

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Chris Martin as well, and it was clear to see the effect he had today.

I think this links in to his winning mentality and intelligence. Andre Wisdom was recently interviewed on his cousin's podcast and gives a telling insight in to this. 45:50 in to the podcast that is well worth a complete listen:

https://podcasts.apple.com/lb/podcast/e28-the-worst-est-moments-with-andre-wisdom/id1417298918?i=1000448673465 

On the bus back from Wembley after the QPR play-off final loss the players' mood was quite high with self congratulation at the loss with 'well dones', 'we gave it our all' and 'what could we do?'. CM was the only one who chirped up with 'well we could have won!'. CM's reaction seemed more in tune with what fans were feeling, but the other players, well...

22 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

I love Chris Martin as well, and it was clear to see the effect he had today.

I think this links in to his winning mentality and intelligence. Andre Wisdom was recently interviewed on his cousin's podcast and gives a telling insight in to this. 45:50 in to the podcast that is well worth a complete listen:

https://podcasts.apple.com/lb/podcast/e28-the-worst-est-moments-with-andre-wisdom/id1417298918?i=1000448673465 

On the bus back from Wembley after the QPR play-off final loss the players' mood was quite high with self congratulation at the loss with 'well dones', 'we gave it our all' and 'what could we do?'. CM was the only one who chirped up with 'well we could have won!'. CM's reaction seemed more in tune with what fans were feeling, but the other players, well...

Which accent is real? His Yorkshire one used for club interviews or his London one when talking to his cousin??

Here’s a question for you all... CM19, if he carries on, he’ll be our most important player this season. An absolute true professional and a great example of never giving up, do we give him a new contract?

I know it’s so soon but Chris is comfortable when his family and future is settled.

You had to be wary of claiming that Martin would be significant to this season after just one (very good) goal against Leeds imo. But today, he was back. He was fitter Than he has been for a long time. He looked very much like he was before whatever happened mid 15/16 killed him off here- or looked like it had, anyway. Was bringing others into the game with his excellent link up play- helped by the superb Paterson. And a fantastic assist to go with a (somewhat fortunate) goal. If today was anything to go by, he could be massive again this season. Delighted to see him looking back to his best.

10 hours ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

Someone is in their "happy place" again.

Isn’t it nice to have someone who feels so at home here. Someone who never ever gives up and loves playing in front of us. With Bryson going and Keogh taking a back seat, Chris will help the fans feel closer and more engaged. 

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I can finally watch this video again without feeling desperately sad:

There's also an excellent one of George Thorne that I simply can't stomach. You never know...

Edit: Unfortunately, the sound seems to have gone from the video. Must have been copyrighted or something.

Love that video but it definitely needs a soundtrack adding back to it....it was a decent one together with Martin's comments at the start 

Good interview with him in the Football League Paper today. Talks about the last few years and getting back into the team, and a lot about the illness he's been suffering with, which is ulcerative colitis. Worth a read if you can get it.

4 hours ago, thelovebelow said:

Doesn't his contract expire at the end of this season? 

We can give him another four year one and this cycle can start all over again....

FWIW - I've not been a Martin fan all along. Even when he was scoring I didn't take to his eternnal whining and falling over. But even I can't deny his impact and the through ball yesterday to Waghorn was worth a big slice of humble pie alone. Right, where's that knife and fork....

Archived