Just a small tear in my eye for that Chris Martin sub

TuffLuff

2 hours ago, AdamRam said:

I have, nothing at all comes up. Just wondered how a player that is supposedly recovering from such a bad illness passed two medicals.

I suppose whether it be illness, injury, lack of fitness/form, it's a shame that it came at a time when CM should have still been in his peak performance years. Best years behind him now, but perhaps he could offer something to the squad this season. Philip Cocu isn't exactly blessed with good options and will have to bide his time to get the players he needs. 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to Martin, obviously very committed to getting back involved at Derby which is what he’s said from the start. He’s still third choice striker atm, but with hard work, any player can rise back up the ranks (particulary when effort lacks in certain other players sometimes....). Still has a role to play until Rooney joins at the very least regardless.

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

YOU WILL NOT MOVE ME FROM THIS THREAD TONIGHT!!!!

Yup, as per thread title bit of a tear in my eye......for the last 3 wasted years he’s been away! Crying shame ?but......

HE’S BACK and now we need him starting because he can be our talisman to how we play.

Lovely stuff!

as much as I like him Ive always thought he was probably done here due to a series of managers not including him. The door is suddenly ajar and he could be back in.

Lots if people saying he should play with Marriott which I understand although looks tough to do at the moment given the mess the midfield is in meaning we probably need three in there to be competitive and two up top would leave us struggling even more in midfield.

The only way I could see them toghether is if we move to a diamond in midfield to accommodate them up top. Could work when bogle returns

7 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Lovely stuff!

as much as I like him Ive always thought he was probably done here due to a series of managers not including him. The door is suddenly ajar and he could be back in.

Lots if people saying he should play with Marriott which I understand although looks tough to do at the moment given the mess the midfield is in meaning we probably need three in there to be competitive and two up top would leave us struggling even more in midfield.

The only way I could see them toghether is if we move to a diamond in midfield to accommodate them up top. Could work when bogle returns

Shame we can't incorporate Marriott as a nifty winger as per Russell and ward...he would still score a hat full playing off Martin who would drop back into the number 9 spot in a 4-3-3.

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Shame we can't incorporate Marriott as a nifty winger as per Russell and ward...he would still score a hat full playing off Martin who would drop back into the number 9 spot in a 4-3-3.

It’s that old square pegs round holes thing again. Shame we don’t have a funtional midfield, that’d open up a number of options.

1 hour ago, Nyderby said:

I have actively hated Chrissy for some time, and in fairness he has done duck all for a long time. 

but fair play to him, it was a great goal. It would be nice to see him in form like he was circa 2015. 

Serious question... How could you hate him? 60 goals in 3 seasons only to be binned by a manager who got EVERYTHING wrong (NP)?

Maybe he was binned off because of his illness but the fact he can come back into the team so quickly and play like that gives me great hope for his future here. 

I was wondering the same. How can you hate one of your own players for not being as good as they once were? If you say that you hate someone who has been awful in their entire spell with the club, I couldn't possibly agree but could understand, but for someone as successful as Martin was to warrant hate is strange. I for one am hoping that Chris will have an Indian Summer in his career with the club. He was brilliant for us for 3 or 4 years, and a mixture of poor management, poor form and ill health did nothing for him or the club. His attitude has always seemed spot on. He deserves a change in fortune.

He looks trimmer than when he was banging them in a few year ago

Its good to see him back. I wasn't his biggest fan because i felt we needed a change up top. But i never wanted him gone. Always wanted him in our squad he offers something different. He looks like he could be key to the way we will play under cocu. We have three very good strikers. Hope Rooney is coming into play midfield we miss energy & creativity for 80 mins today

Archived