Jump to content

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Even now our squad isn't as bad as he's making it look, that's the worry for me. I also agree with RD (ffs) you can't just throw youngsters in for the sake of it.

It definitely is without Bogle. Even last year when we had players like Mount and Wilson, who are now both perfmorming excellently in the Prem, we'd struggle against sides and the deadlock would only be broken by a Wilson worldie. If Lampard had Paterson instead of Wilson and Shinnie instead of Mount, we'd have finished about 16th or lower.

I know we say it every year now but we're due a massive rebuild. When Cocu said promotion wasn't the goal at the start of this season, I think that was his serious assessment of where the squad is at the moment and having seen some of the individual performances recently, he's not wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GrimsbyRam said:

How many games has he had to change the system or bring early subs on....he is looking very naive.  If he doesn't have the players for the way he wants to play HE has to adapt.

Naive? Maybe

Trying to figure out an entirely different division in a different country with players he's known weeks rather than months? Definitely.

I'm not saying he is the guy. 

But, I am saying that we cannot have any certainty at this stage.

I just hope Mel doesn't panic like the fans are so early on. 

Share this post


Link to post

We lost our best 3 players and didn’t replace them. Frank’s lengthy departure didn’t help. Our recruitment has been poor for years. Messing around bringing Rooney in would have took our eye off other things. All of these things wouldn’t have been phil’s doing. 

If we finish 13th this season like Norwich did under Daniel Farke in his first season and win the championship next season, i’ll take that 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

We lost our best 3 players and didn’t replace them. Frank’s lengthy departure didn’t help. Our recruitment has been poor for years. Messing around bringing Rooney in would have took our eye off other things. All of these things wouldn’t have been phil’s doing. 

If we finish 13th this season like Norwich did under Daniel Farke in his first season and win the championship next season, i’ll take that 🤞

I currently wish we still had bj

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Recruit a Dutch manager that plays possession based football, that has won the Dutch league 3 times, reached the semi final of the champions league and we give him Dowell and Jamie bleedin Paterson.

Dont sack Cocu, sack the bloody recruitment team, absolute tripe and has been for years.

 

 

Its true what you are saying,FL bought in quality loan players and have not been replaced and i was really surprised we did not get other loanees from Chelsea this season

We spent all our budget on one player and then decided not to play him in the position for what he was bought for now that is Cocus issue

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly think this team would much better suits some sort of 3-5-2. We just have not got the quality in the wide areas to play the 4-3-3 at the minute, and the 4-2-3-1 doesn't really seem to suit any of our players.

If Bielik wants to play CB, then maybe slot him in between Keogh and Clarke so he can step out. Use Bogle and Lowe as wing-backs. Put Lawrence in the 10 role behind Waggy and Marriott. It might work. Got to be better than what we're seeing at the moment, surely.

- - - - - - - - - - Roos - - - - - - - - - - 

- - - Keogh - - Bielik - - Clarke - - - -

Bogle - - - - ??? - - - ??? - - - - - Lowe

- - - - - - - - - Lawrence - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - Waghorn - - - Marriott - - - - 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where and how he's playing the players in the squad he's got doesn't worry you?

Come on Roy for ffs, you was behind this appointment , give him time, in fact you always have a go at all our managers, who would you have as Derby manager, slagged off Lampard a lot last season , hated Rowett, but they got us in the play offs and the final,  love them or hate them that's fact, out of interest who would you have as manager? Your ducking self come on mate give it time.

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Come on Roy for ffs, you was behind this appointment , give him time, in fact you always have a go at all our managers, who would you have as Derby manager, slagged off Lampard a lot last season , hated Rowett, but they got us in the play offs and the final,  love them or hate them that's fact, out of interest who would you have as manager? Your ducking self come on mate give it time.

Well obvs Cocu atm, did I say otherwise. What is wrong with questioning his rather odd selection policy? BTW none of the previous managers got us up, so I rest my case! I liked Billy btw. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Recruit a Dutch manager that plays possession based football, that has won the Dutch league 3 times, reached the semi final of the champions league and we give him Dowell and Jamie bleedin Paterson.

Dont sack Cocu, sack the bloody recruitment team, absolute tripe and has been for years.

 

 

Yes that is a very relevant point. 

Share this post


Link to post

Been a very bad week.

Lots to stew on for fans and work on for Cocu over the break.

Its gonna take time.

the squad isn't what it was.

the style as far as I gather is going towards organised/dull - which is probably something that will only improve with time.

it's clear opponents have good ideas on targeting us, of at least forest and Brentford did.

Its going to take time.

There have been some good bits amongst the disappointing bits prior to the last two matches.

I think this season is going to be a grind, at least the first half.

Its only a game, and could be worse, could be Stoke.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Absolutely spot on. Waiting for a thread like this.

Honestly think our recruitment team has to be among the worst in the EFL. Maybe even the worst. Absolute frauds the lot of them. Who tf can look at what role dowell has played in teams in the past and decide a lazy luxury player like him is the man to replace mount in the team?! That’s not even to mention that since his forest loan he’s been pretty poo at what a luxury players suppose to do- score goals and get assists. Doesn’t contribute anything good in general play. Just an awful, awful player and an inexplicably poor piece of recruitment. 2 Unknown’s in Clarke and Shinnie, the former looks like he could be a great signing in all fairness once the team gets going, but the latter has had no impact at all. Then came Bielik, great player don’t get me wrong and looks a good investment, but if that’s all the budget we have, why have blown it all on one player? Why didn’t they sort out the more pressing concerns of a First choice goalie and another CM. We ended up with a desperation last minute move on the former for someone who’s been a joke for years, and the latter no one ever bloody bothered with! And that was the most important of them all! That’s not even to mention ending up with Jamie ducking Paterson as our no7! 

It was a disaster of a window as I said at the time, no one agreed with me then, maybe they will now. We needed more signings, and better quality. That window was just a catastrophic a failure as a manager failing to reach the playoffs etc, and should result in the same outcome- sacking for whoever’s involved.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well obvs Cocu atm, did I say otherwise. What is wrong with questioning his rather odd selection policy? BTW none of the previous managers got us up, so I rest my case! I liked Billy btw. 😉

And Billy was part of the worst team in history, I rest my case.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Absolutely spot on. Waiting for a thread like this.

Honestly think our recruitment team has to be among the worst in the EFL. Maybe even the worst. Absolute frauds the lot of them. Who tf can look at what role dowell has played in teams in the past and decide a lazy luxury player like him is the man to replace mount in the team?! That’s not even to mention that since his forest loan he’s been pretty poo at what a luxury players suppose to do- score goals and get assists. Doesn’t contribute anything good in general play. Just an awful, awful player and an inexplicably poor piece of recruitment. 2 Unknown’s in Clarke and Shinnie, the former looks like he could be a great signing in all fairness once the team gets going, but the latter has had no impact at all. Then came Bielik, great player don’t get me wrong and looks a good investment, but if that’s all the budget we have, why have blown it all on one player? Why didn’t they sort out the more pressing concerns of a First choice goalie and another CM. We ended up with a desperation last minute move on the former for someone who’s been a joke for years, and the latter no one ever bloody bothered with! And that was the most important of them all! That’s not even to mention ending up with Jamie ducking Paterson as our no7! 

It was a disaster of a window as I said at the time, no one agreed with me then, maybe they will now. We needed more signings, and better quality. That window was just a catastrophic a failure as a manager failing to reach the playoffs etc, and should result in the same outcome- sacking for whoever’s involved.

Let’s look on the bright side - at least this time we have only loaned the tripe instead of paying millions for it. I am still staggered that Steve McClaren’s son is still in charge of recruitment after such a wonderful track record.

Share this post


Link to post

The poor bloke is 5 players short of a decent team. 2 wingers and 3 midfielders (if he sticks with 433) our midfield was poor last season and Mount was the only one carrying it. It should of been the 1st place we strengthened this summer. Not only have we lost Mount but also BJ and Bryson. We are screaming out for a ball winner and someone with creatively. 

Then the wingers, what we have are utter garbage, Zoom, Paterson, Bennett, Waghorn (poor as a winger) and Lawrence (1 game in 10). Either he totally scraps this notion of playing wingers or that’s the next place to recruit.

its going to be a long Autumn and early winter until he can strengthen this awful squad. Frank the fraud has a lot to answer for in my opinion 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Derby blood said:

And Billy was part of the worst team in history, I rest my case.

He got us promoted - Jimmy Jewell got us relegated! Can't say that the recruitment helped either.

Share this post


Link to post

The recruitment is nothing short of diabolical. Always domestically based and never thinking outside of the box. We either recruit a player off the back of a good season: (Beilik, Lawrence, the entire of Clement's signings 😂,) or rely on loans like last year. Norwich are the best idea of doing thinks right. Pukki on a free is up there with some of the best business I've seen, Not to mention Buendia and Hernandez coming from abroad.

It's alright having a war room with all the tools needed to spot any player, it's about the personnel scouting the players.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.