The Derby way

MackworthRamIsGod

11 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Does the season end after 14 games? We were picking up slightly, I don't think we'd have nose-dived as spectacularly as with Jimmy! Plus I don't think the signings were BDs first or second or even third choice. We couldn't or wouldn't sign halfway decent players. 

Yes of course Billy was blameless!!....he was just a whining little t**t since the day we got promoted ...engineered his own exit because was out of his depth 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/09/2019 at 21:44, atherstoneram said:

I don't personally like/dislike Rooney but from a playing point of view this may be a wrong addition to the club  

Almost every transfer is about time, place and money so I don’t necessarily disagree with you but my point is that the recruitment team did manage to sign him

20 hours ago, Dale The Ram said:

Football is a game of opinions but I suggest you watch the Rooney documentary on Netflix.

Outside from what The Sun portray of Wayne he seems to be a very clever footballer and great leader, we are paying him pittance on £9k a week (player wage not coach) which must be applauded. Rooney at the very least will help players such as Knight, Hector-Ingram etc from his experience being the highest goalscorer in Man Utd and England history.

As for a 3 hour commute Rooney may get a chauffeur and then its not bad at all.

You may be completely right about Rooney but I for one cannot wait for his arrival as I can only see it benefiting our club  

9k a week ? Where has this figure come from ?

29 minutes ago, Raich Van Carter said:

Almost every transfer is about time, place and money so I don’t necessarily disagree with you but my point is that the recruitment team did manage to sign him

Well if you consider MM as part of the recruitment team, then, they did indeed sign him. I don't consider for a minute that the signing of Rooney was instigated by the recruitment team,they might have had some involvement as the progress developed

7 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

IIRC He will be paid a reported £85k a week.

32RED are rumoured to pay 80% of that

The £17k remaining is split in half between a Coaching Salary and a Playing Salary of £8.5k a week.

So in reality we are paying him £17K a week then,doesn't matter how many ways you split it.

13 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

IIRC He will be paid a reported £85k a week.

32RED are rumoured to pay 80% of that

The £17k remaining is split in half between a Coaching Salary and a Playing Salary of £8.5k a week.

So basically all rumours ? 

17 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

So in reality we are paying him £17K a week then,doesn't matter how many ways you split it.

Yes but my original comment  was that he is only getting £8.5k a week to PLAY football

£17k a week is a small number at this club

9 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

So basically all rumours ? 

Its whats been reported, you asked me where I got my figures from and I told you ?

16 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

Yes but my original comment  was that he is only getting £8.5k a week to PLAY football

£17k a week is a small number at this club

Its whats been reported, you asked me where I got my figures from and I told you ?

Sorry, didn’t mean that in a nasty way. 

Just don’t understand why the club would split the wages, I believe you can’t offset the coaches wages against FFP in this league so seems strange to me.

80% of the wages comes in at over 3 million, maybe I’m cynical but have Bet32 really committed to paying this over and above their current deal. Given that in the PL where the exposure is much higher, the reported figure for clubs outside the top 6 ranges from 1.5-10m per year, it seems an extraordinary amount for one player.

My own personal view is that we will use commercial opportunities to bring in the shortfall on WRs salary which at the moment would be much higher than the 17k outlay. However until he arrives we cannot exploit all of these so therefore we have to budget for the maximum exposure that it may have on FFP.  Hence why we readjusted our targets once we had him signed on the dotted line.

I have no evidence of this though and is pure guesswork before someone asks ?

38 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Sorry, didn’t mean that in a nasty way. 

Just don’t understand why the club would split the wages, I believe you can’t offset the coaches wages against FFP in this league so seems strange to me.

80% of the wages comes in at over 3 million, maybe I’m cynical but have Bet32 really committed to paying this over and above their current deal. Given that in the PL where the exposure is much higher, the reported figure for clubs outside the top 6 ranges from 1.5-10m per year, it seems an extraordinary amount for one player.

My own personal view is that we will use commercial opportunities to bring in the shortfall on WRs salary which at the moment would be much higher than the 17k outlay. However until he arrives we cannot exploit all of these so therefore we have to budget for the maximum exposure that it may have on FFP.  Hence why we readjusted our targets once we had him signed on the dotted line.

I have no evidence of this though and is pure guesswork before someone asks ?

No apology needed.

From previous fans forums I think the player salaries and coach salaries are different entities.

Meaning clubs could be failing FFP due to an expensive coaching bill or players bill.

I believe Rooney will bring in the revenue to offset £17k, it will be the same "Frank Lampard" media storm as last year

3 hours ago, Dale The Ram said:

No apology needed.

From previous fans forums I think the player salaries and coach salaries are different entities.

Meaning clubs could be failing FFP due to an expensive coaching bill or players bill.

I believe Rooney will bring in the revenue to offset £17k, it will be the same "Frank Lampard" media storm as last year

The split in wages for coaches and players isn't applicable to us, or P&S (FFP). 

It was something that was taken out of context regarding the rules in league one and two which are completely different to the Championship. I believe they do have to adhere to a salary cap, of sorts, in which case any player/coach has their salary split 50/50. It''s to avoid anyone trying to offset their wage bill by saying they earn X amount for coaching and Y amount for playing. 

We pay Rooney, if rumours are to be believed, £100k-a-week - £5.2m a year. We can't hide away from that fact. However, the income into the club will have increased, again if rumours are to be believed, £80k-a-week - £4.16m a year. All from 32Red. When Rooney is here, I imagine that our tariffs for sponsorship will go up and the amount of sponsors we have will increase, which should make us a tidy little profit. The issue is that if we're slap bang mid-table or lower then it will be a running joke which will no doubt impact the growth we could make from the deal. 

I think we need to scrap 4-3-3 at least until January if not next season. We dont seem to have wingers capable to produce consistently and we seem to look weak when playing that formation. 4-3-3 clicked for us under Mac 1 but its hasn't worked for many since. We have 2 good strikers, lets play with what we have, not put square pegs in round holes.

On 03/09/2019 at 11:40, Tamworthram said:

Not sure how you reckon we were picking up slightly. After we beat Newcastle on the 17th September, the next eight games before Billy left were: 

L,D,L,D,L,L,L,L.

On 03/09/2019 at 11:54, RoyMac5 said:

I was 'remembering' how it seemed at the time, not the results. Maybe I misremember. One thing for sure I'll never forget Jimmy Jewell's tenure!

He was a toxic, narcissistic oompa-loompa and a poundshop Pulis. He ultimately set out to damage the club and is worthy of every bit abuse that comes his way as a consequence. 

On 04/09/2019 at 09:43, atherstoneram said:

Well if you consider MM as part of the recruitment team, then, they did indeed sign him. I don't consider for a minute that the signing of Rooney was instigated by the recruitment team,they might have had some involvement as the progress developed

who are these mythical recruitment team??? does anybody know A) If there is one B)Who is on it? But surely the manager decides  who he actually wants and then Directors attempt to make the deal happen

Archived